Latest SkillSelect Round 2021 Visa 189 - Any comments on 80 points invitation?

mltmbag

Wanderer
Timeline missing
1621472018238.png

What might be the logic behind this invitation? There are higher points waiting for an invitation... and we know that higher points used to have priority.

Have they started to look at the "latest date of effect" first? What do you think?

asadkh7

Commoner
Skill
SC
App.
2019-12-28
CO
2020-05-12
HC
2020-05-08
Grant
2020-06-16
View attachment 4273

What might be the logic behind this invitation? There are higher points waiting for an invitation... and we know that higher points used to have priority.

Have they started to look at the "latest date of effect" first? What do you think?
According to my knowledge there is still the same rule that you are mentioning. This chart tells that, for example lets say last guy who got invited for 2335 occupations had 80 points with Doe 07/2019. So those who have higher points in the queue or with same points 80 with Doe before that date must have got the invitations if they fall under the same occupation ID 2335. Are you still waiting on high points for the same group onshore? Offshores won’t get invitations at the moment.

According to my knowledge there is still the same rule that you are mentioning. This chart tells that, for example lets say last guy who got invited for 2335 occupations had 80 points with Doe 07/2019. So those who have higher points in the queue or with same points 80 with Doe before that date must have got the invitations if they fall under the same occupation ID 2335. Are you still waiting on high points for the same group onshore? Offshores won’t get invitations at the moment.
Hi there, thanks for your anawer. I’m waiting at 85/90(nsw) points onshore, my date of affect is late 2020. Considering there will only be quarterly runs, I’m a bit worried if I will be able to get an invitation in the next two runs.

mltmbag

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi there, thanks for your answer! I’m waiting at 85/90 (NSW) points ONSHORE and my doe is late 2020. Considering there will only be quarterly runs, I’m a bit worried if I will be able to get an invitation in the next two runs... My current visa will expire this year, that's why I am concerned.

Do you think the chances are high or low? How'd you comment on this situation? :)

asadkh7

Commoner
Skill
SC
App.
2019-12-28
CO
2020-05-12
HC
2020-05-08
Grant
2020-06-16
Hi there, thanks for your anawer. I’m waiting at 85/90(nsw) points onshore, my date of affect is late 2020. Considering there will only be quarterly runs, I’m a bit worried if I will be able to get an invitation in the next two runs.
No one can predict about 190. Just to clarify 190 is different from 189. 189 works on monthly rounds on which they invite candidates on that day of each month. However, for 190 it depends on each state and each state works differently. There is no set time frame for giving invitations or no concept of running monthly or quarterly rounds, solely depends on the state whenever they like they can invite even multiple times in a month or a week. If you are waiting for 190 nsw, just be positive and wait. 85+5 is a good score. Hopefully you will get one soon

mltmbag

Wanderer
Timeline missing
No one can predict about 190. Just to clarify 190 is different from 189. 189 works on monthly rounds on which they invite candidates on that day of each month. However, for 190 it depends on each state and each state works differently. There is no set time frame for giving invitations or no concept of running monthly or quarterly rounds, solely depends on the state whenever they like they can invite even multiple times in a month or a week. If you are waiting for 190 nsw, just be positive and wait. 85+5 is a good score. Hopefully you will get one soon

Last year they announced there will be quarterly invitation rounds for 189 but now I checked and couldn't see that statement in the website... Anyways, thanks for your comments :) Fingers crossed!

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.