• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACT Legal for school to charge next term's full tuition fee after quitting?

jeyversee

Timeline missing
Hello, just wondering if I can get your thoughts on this.

I am studying a diploma course at a vocational college. I was planning to quit my current school to move to another school. However because I failed to notify my current school 2 weeks before the agreed notifying date, I am liable to pay next term's tuition in full. They are threatening to report me to the Department of Home Affairs if I do not pay.

I was wondering if this is legal, and if anyone has any experience with this.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I'd recommend taking legal advise on this matter. I believe there are several institutions that offer free legal counsel to students.

jeyversee

Timeline missing
I'd recommend taking legal advise on this matter. I believe there are several institutions that offer free legal counsel to students.
Hi Mysticriver, could you mention one or two examples of such institutions? I have tried to send email to ACCC, but I am afraid it will take 15 days before they send me a response and by then my COE would have been cancelled and reported.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
well, if you are in a tight timeline, I am afraid you might need to contact professional lawyers for a fee.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.