• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

VETASSESS Life scientist trying for VETASSESS skill assessment, finding difficulty in forming job description

jeffdcruzj

Timeline missing
Hello,

I am a life scientist by profession, trying to VETASSESS skill assessment. I find it difficult to write job duties and responsibilities that match my occupation. My job duties cover multiple areas/skills of occupations listed in the group 2345 (Life Scientist) such as life scientist general - 234511, biochemist - 234513, biotechnologist - 23414, botanist - 23415, marine biologist - 23415 etc. I am working in a consulting company and the job requires multiple skill sets and responsibilities covering one or more of these occupations listed. Moreover, the skills/ tasks mentioned by the VETASSESS as a reference to the positive assessment is identical for all the occupations listed in the group. This means, there is no clear distinction between the tasks/skills of biotechnologist and life scientist (general), similarly to all the other occupations in this group.

This makes me very confused about how to properly write/brief the jobs and tasks for this group (or specifically to match any of the occupation listed in the group). Moreover, the tasks mentioned in the VETASSESS website for life scientist group is not detailed enough that it covers what these occupational roles do in real-life.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this

Thanks

mohsinciddiki

Staff member
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
Hello,

I am a life scientist by profession, trying to VETASSESS skill assessment. I find it difficult to write job duties and responsibilities that match my occupation. My job duties cover multiple areas/skills of occupations listed in the group 2345 (Life Scientist) such as life scientist general - 234511, biochemist - 234513, biotechnologist - 23414, botanist - 23415, marine biologist - 23415 etc. I am working in a consulting company and the job requires multiple skill sets and responsibilities covering one or more of these occupations listed. Moreover, the skills/ tasks mentioned by the VETASSESS as a reference to the positive assessment is identical for all the occupations listed in the group. This means, there is no clear distinction between the tasks/skills of biotechnologist and life scientist (general), similarly to all the other occupations in this group.

This makes me very confused about how to properly write/brief the jobs and tasks for this group (or specifically to match any of the occupation listed in the group). Moreover, the tasks mentioned in the VETASSESS website for life scientist group is not detailed enough that it covers what these occupational roles do in real-life.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this

Thanks
Better select the one which is more inclind towards your duties as well as have good invitation history/lower cutoff. Do some research and select only one occupation which should be matching at least 70% of your responsibilities

MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20

jeffdcruzj

Timeline missing
Better select the one which is more inclined towards your duties as well as have good invitation history/lower cutoff. Do some research and select only one occupation which should be matching at least 70% of your responsibilities
Thank you for your reply.

Following is the job description available in the VETASSESS website for a life scientist general.

" A Life Scientist (General) studies the origin, anatomy, physiology, reproduction and behaviour of living organisms and the ways in which they interact with the environment in which they live (ANZSCO)."

Whereas other occupations in the unit group do not have any job description on the website. However, the website also says, the life scientist occupation/task should not be highly relevant to other occupations in the unit group. Without any job description in their website for each of these occupations, how will I know what jobs and tasks the VETASSESS want from each occupation for them to assess positively?

"Nomination of this occupation requires the focus of the employment to not be more highly relevant to any other occupations listed in Life Scientists Unit Group 2345 such as 234513 Biochemist, 234514 Biotechnologist, 234515 Botanist, 234516 Marine Biologist, 234517 Microbiologist, 234518 Zoologist and 234599 Life Scientist nec'

I would appreciate if any life scientist general candidates in the forum could specifically address this concern

Thanks

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.