Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mystic river, good morning. Do u have any idea about Canadian visas procedures?? I told you once before that my husband applied 3 times before to Canada education and visit visas. 3 times refused.
I will definitely mention this in form 80. But I have no data whatsoever for the 1st and 2nd applications, but I have a letter for rejection with reason for third application.
I am afraid Australian case officer might ask me about 1st and 2nd application rejection proofs where my husband no longer have the passport and nothing to provide them. It was in 2007 and 2008.
I looked online and read about a request called " Access to information and privacy". We can send them a request to give us more details about 3rd time rejection whih was in 2013.
What do u think mysticriver? They might ask us about rejection letters right? And if we say we can not provide since we do not have them (which is the very truth) what might happen?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think they might not press you a lot, they can check it themselves, that's why they have 'security check'.

Even if they ask, and if you can give them satisfactory answer, it will be okay. Like I said before, as long as you have all valid reason and nothing to hide, you don't have anything to worry. It's not an exam, they will talk through it, so no need to be panicked.

I know cases where they exempted overseas PCC as well just because the applicant described the scenario why he couldn't get that, and give details of how he tried for that.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
I think they might not press you a lot, they can check it themselves, that's why they have 'security check'.

Even if they ask, and if you can give them satisfactory answer, it will be okay. Like I said before, as long as you have all valid reason and nothing to hide, you don't have anything to worry. It's not an exam, they will talk through it, so no need to be panicked.

I know cases where they exempted overseas PCC as well just because the applicant described the scenario why he couldn't get that, and give details of how he tried for that.

OK these are news good to hear. And what about the old passport? In my country when a passport expires u have two options either to keep it with u and government stamps it cancelled or they take it and destroy it. Is this case similar in other countries? Because if they ask us about his 1st passport we have no data about it.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Again, if they ask, you can just explain. And there is high probability that they won't bother about 8 years' old passport.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Again, if they ask, you can just explain. And there is high probability that they won't bother about 8 years' old passport.

OK great. I will mention under point 12 and 13 of form 80 the two previous passports of my husband. We remember the detail of one as we have it photocopies, the first one we remember nothing, and this is what I will mention
Thank you mysticriver :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Or may be you can just put the information about last passport in point 12, and then in appendix (Part J I guess) put a side note about the lost one (don't use the word lost, just mentioned that is too old and you don't have the document). Another way is to ask your case officer about that lost passport in email before writing anything in Form 80.

Many will also advise you to just ignore that old information, while most probably that won't cause any issue as no body might not care if you don't tell, but I always recommend to keep clean in terms of administrative details.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Or may be you can just put the information about last passport in point 12, and then in appendix (Part J I guess) put a side note about the lost one (don't use the word lost, just mentioned that is too old and you don't have the document). Another way is to ask your case officer about that lost passport in email before writing anything in Form 80.

Many will also advise you to just ignore that old information, while most probably that won't cause any issue as no body might not care if you don't tell, but I always recommend to keep clean in terms of administrative details.
What do u mean ask case officer before sending form 80?? I email him about my case?
I will clearly say it is very old, and we will try with government to see if they have any detail, the only issue mystic river is that visa rejection for Canadian Visa were on that old passport. This is why I thought they might ask. So as u said I will mention in the appendix about old passport.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can write it in appendix, that will be quite okay.

Also just keep in mind that once your case officer will be assigned, you will have his email and contact no so that you can ask him one to one about any issue/confusion. That's what I meant when I said you can ask your CO.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mystic river :) hello again
Next week hopefully we will submit the application. My husband did not get functional English, so he will redo the test.
I was wondering, we have the Canadian Visa rejection letter (the third time rejection), so I was thinking of translating it to English and certifiying it and uploading it while attaching the documents. Same for evidence of lost passport. I will inform them that husband lost his passport and we have evidence from our government, stating that husband lost his passport on a given date.
So I'm thinking of providing everything we have in hands.
I know u recommended not to mention lost, but I want to say everything honestly.
What do u think about Canadian rejection letter presented?
I mean to submit it to let them know that there is nothing he has done bad, they rejected him for financial and work reasons and they wrote that they advise that he applies again if his situation changes.
What do u think?? I feel more comfortable with presenting the docs, but I want you opinion please

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Oh and about lost passport, we did not have the evidence previously, but I insisted that my husband gets it as I so want to do my best this

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The official document of the lost passport: You can submit it, though I don't think they'd bother.

Canadian Rejection Letter: Again, you can submit, no harm.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
My husband did not get functional English, so he will redo the test.

Oh btw, the dependent applicant (your husband in this case) can appear in English test after your application. He needs to achieve it before your visa grant.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mystic river :) we received the results of my husband's functional English. He got 32 on PTE overall. For the second applicant, as I understood it is an overall band score they should have right? Not as per main applicant for each section we should achieve the score?
Thank you :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You are right, for dependent, it is overall, not each band.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.