• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Mathematics and Software Engineer - ICT Major \ Minor, ACS expectations

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
Team,

I'm planning to apply for PR under 189 category. I'm doing my due diligence to avoid approaching any agents because that is what being suggested as the migration agents
help in the documentation and for applying.

I have few questions,

1) I hold a Bachelor Degree in Mathematics. I'm working as a Software Engineer with more than 11 years of experience. I hold a 457 visa as well. I completed by degree in the year 2007, but my professional experience started a year back as I had backlogs I had to wait for one year to complete it, but I got into a company and started my career as a Software Engineer. Now, will that experience be calculated for ACS ? For Software Engineers, Bachelors of Science in Mathematics will be considered as ICT Major or ICT Minor or Non-ICT ?

2) The 3rd company I worked for has been acquired by another company. Now, the experience letter I hold is in the letter pad of erstwhile company but it doesn't detail out my roles and responsibilities clearly, the company which acquired the old company is ready to provide me the experience letter in the desired format as accepted by the ACS, but in the new company letter pad. Is this something which is accepted in the ACS ? How can I approach this ?

Thanks,
Swetha

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
1) I hold a Bachelor Degree in Mathematics. I'm working as a Software Engineer with more than 11 years of experience. I hold a 457 visa as well. I completed by degree in the year 2007, but my professional experience started a year back as I had backlogs I had to wait for one year to complete it, but I got into a company and started my career as a Software Engineer. Now, will that experience be calculated for ACS ? For Software Engineers, Bachelors of Science in Mathematics will be considered as ICT Major or ICT Minor or Non-ICT ?
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/acs-assessment-suitability-criteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

2) The 3rd company I worked for has been acquired by another company. Now, the experience letter I hold is in the letter pad of erstwhile company but it doesn't detail out my roles and responsibilities clearly, the company which acquired the old company is ready to provide me the experience letter in the desired format as accepted by the ACS, but in the new company letter pad. Is this something which is accepted in the ACS ? How can I approach this ?
Mention the same in the experience letter in two parts on the new letter head as shown below should suffice.

Company A - @Swetha worked as abc role and her jds were this.

After transition

Company B - @Swetha working as xyz role and her jds are this.

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/acs-assessment-suitability-criteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

Mention the same in the experience letter in two parts on the new letter head as shown below should suffice.

Company A - @Swetha worked as abc role and her jds were this.

After transition

Company B - @Swetha working as xyz role and her jds are this.
Thanks for the prompt response. Actually, after 4 years of my tenure with that company, another company acquired it. The current experience letter I have is in the old company letter pad. But, the acquired company has assured to provide a new experience certificate with roles and responsibilities.

Let me know if the below format is fine.

27/06/2017

To whom this may concern,

This is to certify that Ms. Swetha was an employee of XXXXXX (erstwhile name of YYYYYY) and was employed full time from MM DD, YYYY until MM DD, YYYY.

XXXXXX was acquired by YYYYYY in the year 2011.

Ms. Swetha was employed on a full time basis as a Software Engineer with the below designations at XXXXXX (erstwhile name of YYYYYY).

Designations, roles and responsibilities will be followed after the above section.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thanks for the prompt response. Actually, after 4 years of my tenure with that company, another company acquired it. The current experience letter I have is in the old company letter pad. But, the acquired company has assured to provide a new experience certificate with roles and responsibilities.

Let me know if the below format is fine.

27/06/2017

To whom this may concern,

This is to certify that Ms. Swetha was an employee of XXXXXX (erstwhile name of YYYYYY) and was employed full time from MM DD, YYYY until MM DD, YYYY.

XXXXXX was acquired by YYYYYY in the year 2011.

Ms. Swetha was employed on a full time basis as a Software Engineer with the below designations at XXXXXX (erstwhile name of YYYYYY).

Designations, roles and responsibilities will be followed after the above section.
looks perfect.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.