2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
So here is my story...
In April 2016, I gave PTE and scored 79 above except in writing module so I waited for a few months before giving the exam again. But I had 60 points so filed the EOI and kept waiting. I gave another shot to PTE on August 1 2016 and got the result on August 2 2016. I updated EOI the same day and got the invite before EOD. I thought that was real quick and would get grant by End of the year (How wrong I was :)).

Anyways, by August 12 2016, every document was uploaded to immi account except PCC, medicals and form 80, which were also uploaded by late September\early October I think. And then the endless wait started. Starting January 2017, I sent several emails every couple of months but it wasn't of any use. CO sent me an email in March and then probably in June 2017 that they are still processing and I shall wait (I didn't have any other choice as well :) so I kept on waiting).

In August 2017, CO contacted me again asking me to send proof of my salaries or some other document on the company letter head (my previous company where I was working) as the letter head didn't have any phone number mentioned. Actually the organization had closed down and I forgot to mention it along with the documents when I sent. Since I used to receive salary by cash for a couple of years and then by bank-cheques for last 2.5 years, I sent the document from the payee bank stating that the cheques were paid by my previous company along with the details of each cheque. The only problem with this document was that the details for few cheques were missing probably because the person who entered details in the software mentioned only the cheque number and not my name or nothing else. Along with this document, I sent my bank statement which generally has 2 dates for each cheque, 1 is when I put the cheque in my bank and second when the cheque was cleared. My CO got confused big time and sent me a natural justice letter stating that the website of my previous company is not updated, it didn't have any phone number, the website was created at a later date and that I started working earlier than that and also my company details were not found on the government site (where all private limited companies are listed). The organization was a small company and was a partnership firm and not a private limited organization.

I was confused and was ready to withdraw the application but @MysticRiver and a couple of guys on this forum (Sorry I forgot their names) asked me to fight for it instead of giving up. I spoke to my close friends in Australia and they told me not to give up and fight for it because I didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't be scared. But the problem was no one had any clue on what documents to send across so as to resolve this issue (Remember - the company had shut down by then). So, I hired a consultant in Australia, paid the money which she asked for and then in next 24 days collected all the documents which she asked for. Here is the list of documents she mentioned

1. Detailed documents from my clients with whom I worked. (If anyone need the format then let me know, I will upload the document)
2. Detailed documents from both the banks where in the cheque numbers were mentioned along with the dates when the cheque was credited to my account.
3. Bank statement with signatures of bank official preferably bank manager.
4. Any other details regarding the company

I had 24 days left so I contacted lot of clients. It was difficult to contact the clients, found a couple of them on LinkedIn and found emails for a couple of them. Convinced the clients to send across the signed documents (It was really difficult to convince them but when I told them the truth they agreed, asking them to talk to me at-least once was more difficult).

2nd and 3rd part was more difficult as dealing with bank managers was like I had asked for their kidney and not some document :). After lot of pleading and several trips to the banks, they agreed to provide me the required document and the bank statement.

After providing these documents I again expected CO to revert back soon and provide me grant but he took almost 9 months to do that. No complaints now, as it ended well. As they say, All is well that ends well so I am happy that it ended well.

Lot of guys had this question - How I stayed patient for so long?
I think I was not desperate though it was frustrating to not receive the grant especially when people from my last organization got grants without any fuss. But as they say, you can't fight with your destiny therefore there was no point getting desperate and not focus on improving things at my end. I am currently working in a Fortune 500 level company, getting good salary (pretty good by this region's standards), got my own home, a wonderful wife and a beautiful kid. Last but not the least I weighed around 90 kgs and was on the heavier side and channelized my energy to lose weight and get in shape :) I weigh 80 now and plan to reduce another 10 before I go to Australia. I plan to go to a beach with more than just 1 big ab :)
All these things helped me stay calm (not entirely though, I had my anxious and nervous days but they were far and few).

I would also like to express my gratitude to all the members of this forum especially @MysticRiver, @Dileep who prayed and guided me through. Before I joined this forum, I joined lots of threads and forums but not too many people were active or actually knew what does it take to actually get grant.

Thank you everyone. Any questions, suggestions are welcome :)

Lushan1984

Wanderer
MSA
2018-01-25
Skill
SC
190(QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-02-20
Inv.
2018-03-20
App.
2018-04-11
PCC
2018-03-30
HC
2018-06-28

Speach less bro...... You can tell this story to your children in 20 years from now... they will bemused...... really really happy for u

Reactions: JS81
MSA
2018-01-25
Skill
SC
190(QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-02-20
Inv.
2018-03-20
App.
2018-04-11
PCC
2018-03-30
HC
2018-06-28

Lushan1984

Wanderer
MSA
2018-01-25
Skill
SC
190(QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-02-20
Inv.
2018-03-20
App.
2018-04-11
PCC
2018-03-30
HC
2018-06-28
So after JS81 recived the grant... who is the active oldest one.... from lodgement, I'm 69 days 😉😉😉😉😎😂😁🤓

MSA
2018-01-25
Skill
SC
190(QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-02-20
Inv.
2018-03-20
App.
2018-04-11
PCC
2018-03-30
HC
2018-06-28

Dileep

Staff member
MSA
2017-04-27
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-12-29
Inv.
2018-01-03
App.
2018-01-16
CO
2018-06-26
PCC
2017-12-13
HC
2018-01-21
Grant
2018-09-18
IED
2018-12-10
@Lushan1984
Mine's ticking at 155 days. (not as formidable a number compared to 2 years.)

• Thinking
Reactions: Lushan1984
MSA
2017-04-27
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-12-29
Inv.
2018-01-03
App.
2018-01-16
CO
2018-06-26
PCC
2017-12-13
HC
2018-01-21
Grant
2018-09-18
IED
2018-12-10

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I believe this deserves to be in its own thread, so that this extra-ordinary experience doesn't get lost in all the trivial/non-trivial questions of an extra long thread. Hence, separating this as a new thread.

By the way, I was feeling suffocated with your case, now taking deep breath @JS81 :p

aving1001

Wanderer
MSA
2018-03-29
Skill
SC
190(NSW)
Point
EOI
2018-03-29
Inv.
2018-05-03
App.
2018-05-05
So here is my story...
In April 2016, I gave PTE and scored 79 above except in writing module so I waited for a few months before giving the exam again. But I had 60 points so filed the EOI and kept waiting. I gave another shot to PTE on August 1 2016 and got the result on August 2 2016. I updated EOI the same day and got the invite before EOD. I thought that was real quick and would get grant by End of the year (How wrong I was :)).

Anyways, by August 12 2016, every document was uploaded to immi account except PCC, medicals and form 80, which were also uploaded by late September\early October I think. And then the endless wait started. Starting January 2017, I sent several emails every couple of months but it wasn't of any use. CO sent me an email in March and then probably in June 2017 that they are still processing and I shall wait (I didn't have any other choice as well :) so I kept on waiting).

In August 2017, CO contacted me again asking me to send proof of my salaries or some other document on the company letter head (my previous company where I was working) as the letter head didn't have any phone number mentioned. Actually the organization had closed down and I forgot to mention it along with the documents when I sent. Since I used to receive salary by cash for a couple of years and then by bank-cheques for last 2.5 years, I sent the document from the payee bank stating that the cheques were paid by my previous company along with the details of each cheque. The only problem with this document was that the details for few cheques were missing probably because the person who entered details in the software mentioned only the cheque number and not my name or nothing else. Along with this document, I sent my bank statement which generally has 2 dates for each cheque, 1 is when I put the cheque in my bank and second when the cheque was cleared. My CO got confused big time and sent me a natural justice letter stating that the website of my previous company is not updated, it didn't have any phone number, the website was created at a later date and that I started working earlier than that and also my company details were not found on the government site (where all private limited companies are listed). The organization was a small company and was a partnership firm and not a private limited organization.

I was confused and was ready to withdraw the application but @MysticRiver and a couple of guys on this forum (Sorry I forgot their names) asked me to fight for it instead of giving up. I spoke to my close friends in Australia and they told me not to give up and fight for it because I didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't be scared. But the problem was no one had any clue on what documents to send across so as to resolve this issue (Remember - the company had shut down by then). So, I hired a consultant in Australia, paid the money which she asked for and then in next 24 days collected all the documents which she asked for. Here is the list of documents she mentioned

1. Detailed documents from my clients with whom I worked. (If anyone need the format then let me know, I will upload the document)
2. Detailed documents from both the banks where in the cheque numbers were mentioned along with the dates when the cheque was credited to my account.

I had 24 days left so I contacted lot of clients. It was difficult to contact the clients, found a couple of them on LinkedIn and found emails for a couple of them. Convinced the clients to send across the signed documents (It was really difficult to convince them but when I told them the truth they agreed, asking them to talk to me at-least once was more difficult).

2nd and 3rd part was more difficult as dealing with bank managers was like I had asked for their kidney and not some document :). After lot of pleading and several trips to the banks, they agreed to provide me the required document and the bank statement.

After providing these documents I again expected CO to revert back soon and provide me grant but he took almost 9 months to do that. No complaints now, as it ended well. As they say, All is well that ends well so I am happy that it ended well.

I think I was not desperate though it was frustrating to not receive the grant especially when people from my last organization got grants without any fuss. But as they say, you can't fight with your destiny therefore there was no point getting desperate and not focus on improving things at my end. I am currently working in a Fortune 500 level company, getting good salary (pretty good by this region's standards), got my own home, a wonderful wife and a beautiful kid. Last but not the least I weighed around 90 kgs and was on the heavier side and channelized my energy to lose weight and get in shape :) I weigh 80 now and plan to reduce another 10 before I go to Australia. I plan to go to a beach with more than just 1 big ab :)
All these things helped me stay calm (not entirely though, I had my anxious and nervous days but they were far and few).

I would also like to express my gratitude to all the members of this forum especially @MysticRiver, @Dileep who prayed and guided me through. Before I joined this forum, I joined lots of threads and forums but not too many people were active or actually knew what does it take to actually get grant.

Thanks for sharing this JS81 , it is quite inspiring :)

Wickedsharry

Regular
MSA
2016-02-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-10-30
Inv.
2017-12-21
App.
2017-12-22
CO
2018-03-23
PCC
2017-11-30
HC
2018-01-10
Grant
2018-06-13
So after JS81 recived the grant... who is the active oldest one.... from lodgement, I'm 69 days 😉😉😉😉😎😂😁🤓
I got mine in 7 days short of 180 :)
So, as I said before, that keep 180 days in mind nowadays. Remember, I had two separate contact me on separate dates for separate things, one being the proof of foreign salary receipt just like @JS81 but alhumdulillah in my case I had all the documents with me as I started planning two years ago before applying for immigration :cool:

kemilewis

Regular
MSA
2017-11-15
Skill
SC
190 Qld
Point
EOI
2018-08-14
Inv.
2018-10-16
App.
2018-11-08
CO
2019-03-29
PCC
2018-11-07
HC
2018-11-15
Grant
2019-06-07
IED
2019-11-07
So here is my story...

Praise the lord almighty. Congrats. And thanks to all that helped you along your journey to succeed,God sure uses even the strangest of strangers to be of help to us when we so desperately need it. Once again I rejoice with you.

Reactions: Arlene and JS81
MSA
2017-11-15
Skill
SC
190 Qld
Point
EOI
2018-08-14
Inv.
2018-10-16
App.
2018-11-08
CO
2019-03-29
PCC
2018-11-07
HC
2018-11-15
Grant
2019-06-07
IED
2019-11-07

hd.vtwin

Commoner
MSA
2017-09-28
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2017-11-15
Inv.
2018-03-08
App.
2018-05-01
CO
2019-01-30
PCC
2019-02-06
HC
2018-03-29
Grant
2019-03-21
IED
2019-07-04
So here is my story...

Dear JS81,

Delayed congratulations! :)
Just wanted to check whether you had only one CO contact during the entire time or more than once?
Thank you.

MSA
2017-09-28
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2017-11-15
Inv.
2018-03-08
App.
2018-05-01
CO
2019-01-30
PCC
2019-02-06
HC
2018-03-29
Grant
2019-03-21
IED
2019-07-04

JS81

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
Dear JS81,

Delayed congratulations! :)
Just wanted to check whether you had only one CO contact during the entire time or more than once?
Thank you.
Thank you..

I had multiple CO contacts. Initially it was for the medicals, PCC and language proof for wife. Later on they contacted me multiple times for the proof of my work for the previous company.

Finally it was again for medical and PCC which gave me assurance that I will receive grant :)

Reactions: hd.vtwin
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19

hd.vtwin

Commoner
MSA
2017-09-28
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2017-11-15
Inv.
2018-03-08
App.
2018-05-01
CO
2019-01-30
PCC
2019-02-06
HC
2018-03-29
Grant
2019-03-21
IED
2019-07-04
Thank you..

I had multiple CO contacts. Initially it was for the medicals, PCC and language proof for wife. Later on they contacted me multiple times for the proof of my work for the previous company.

Finally it was again for medical and PCC which gave me assurance that I will receive grant :)
Thank you for your quick reply! Hats off to you for your tenacity, endurance and positivity...all the best for the future :)
hoping to get my grant soon...

MSA
2017-09-28
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2017-11-15
Inv.
2018-03-08
App.
2018-05-01
CO
2019-01-30
PCC
2019-02-06
HC
2018-03-29
Grant
2019-03-21
IED
2019-07-04

angadsaluja

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Inv.
2017-12-06
App.
2018-01-05
PCC
2017-12-21
HC
2018-01-15
So here is my story...

Thanks for the share brother.
Heartiest congratulations.

In my case,the CO did a physical verification at my work premises on August 8,2018 and talked to my employees and me cross-checking all the details that were provided in case of self employed business.After that I have had no contact for any document or anything.

Also now the processing times states 11 months for 189 and I am currently in last month but I am unsure if they would give me an outcome by Dec 5 ,2018 or again they can breach the deadline as in your case.

JS81

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
Thank you for your quick reply! Hats off to you for your tenacity, endurance and positivity...all the best for the future :)
hoping to get my grant soon...
Wish you luck my friend. Hope you get the grant ASAP...

Reactions: hd.vtwin
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19

JS81

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
Thanks for the share brother.
Heartiest congratulations.

In my case,the CO did a physical verification at my work premises on August 8,2018 and talked to my employees and me cross-checking all the details that were provided in case of self employed business.After that I have had no contact for any document or anything.

Also now the processing times states 11 months for 189 and I am currently in last month but I am unsure if they would give me an outcome by Dec 5 ,2018 or again they can breach the deadline as in your case.
Thank you brother...

I think it was not the case officer himself who did the physical verification but must be someone from the background verification department as Co's generally assign it to Indian immigration departments (they mentioned something similar to me in the document they provided when they had confusion regarding the company).

They can take more time as 11 months is average time. Some cases take less and very few take longer time. In your case, if the verification went well and if you provided genuine documents then there is nothing to worry about. You are surely going to get grant. In case of any doubt they will again get back to you.

Wish you luck and speedy grant brother.

Reactions: angadsaluja
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19

angadsaluja

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Inv.
2017-12-06
App.
2018-01-05
PCC
2017-12-21
HC
2018-01-15
Thank you so much bro...Fingers crossed
Thank you brother...

I think it was not the case officer himself who did the physical verification but must be someone from the background verification department as Co's generally assign it to Indian immigration departments (they mentioned something similar to me in the document they provided when they had confusion regarding the company).

They can take more time as 11 months is average time. Some cases take less and very few take longer time. In your case, if the verification went well and if you provided genuine documents then there is nothing to worry about. You are surely going to get grant. In case of any doubt they will again get back to you.

Wish you luck and speedy grant brother.

savita10

Wanderer
MSA
2017-10-31
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-09
Inv.
2016-11-07
App.
2017-03-11
CO
2017-05-01
PCC
2017-06-05
HC
2017-06-05
So here is my story...

Dear @JS81, i hope you okay.

Even i applied my 489 visa in early 2017 got natural justice letter in mid 2017 inquiring about by education degree as they did not got proper reply from University. I went to my university spoke to concerned person and he issued me Bonafide certificate of university and also HOD duly attested my all the mark sheets. I uploaded everything on Immi account but since then i have not heard anything from CO. Its been already 15 months since i replied natural justice letter and more then 24 months since i applied my visa. Can you please suggest me what shall i do next as its really frustrating.
Thanks

MSA
2017-10-31
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-09
Inv.
2016-11-07
App.
2017-03-11
CO
2017-05-01
PCC
2017-06-05
HC
2017-06-05

JS81

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
Dear @JS81, i hope you okay.

Even i applied my 489 visa in early 2017 got natural justice letter in mid 2017 inquiring about by education degree as they did not got proper reply from University. I went to my university spoke to concerned person and he issued me Bonafide certificate of university and also HOD duly attested my all the mark sheets. I uploaded everything on Immi account but since then i have not heard anything from CO. Its been already 15 months since i replied natural justice letter and more then 24 months since i applied my visa. Can you please suggest me what shall i do next as its really frustrating.
Thanks

I am fine. I hope you are fine too.

That's really really long time and I understand how frustrating it can be to keep waiting.

I would like to ask you 1 thing, is your university legitimate? I mean is it approved by UGC?

In India, there are lot of universities which are running without approval from UGC which could be reason for this delay.
Also, did they mention anything else apart from showing concerns for your degree?

The thing with the visa process is that we really are helpless. Until the CO comes up again and ask you something or provide some counter arguments, you can't do anything.

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19

savita10

Wanderer
MSA
2017-10-31
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-09
Inv.
2016-11-07
App.
2017-03-11
CO
2017-05-01
PCC
2017-06-05
HC
2017-06-05
I am fine. I hope you are fine too.

That's really really long time and I understand how frustrating it can be to keep waiting.

I would like to ask you 1 thing, is your university legitimate? I mean is it approved by UGC?

In India, there are lot of universities which are running without approval from UGC which could be reason for this delay.
Also, did they mention anything else apart from showing concerns for your degree?

The thing with the visa process is that we really are helpless. Until the CO comes up again and ask you something or provide some counter arguments, you can't do anything.
Dear @JS81
Yes it is UGC approved government University, it's very old uni... They did not ask anything else other than this. I complained to IGIS on Sunday and they emailed me back stating that they conducted checks and found that there is no current case in relation to my application to any australian intelligence agency. They advised me to contact Ombudsman.

I cannot understand the reason of delay!!!

MSA
2017-10-31
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-09
Inv.
2016-11-07
App.
2017-03-11
CO
2017-05-01
PCC
2017-06-05
HC
2017-06-05

JS81

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
Dear @JS81
Yes it is UGC approved government University, it's very old uni... They did not ask anything else other than this. I complained to IGIS on Sunday and they emailed me back stating that they conducted checks and found that there is no current case in relation to my application to any australian intelligence agency. They advised me to contact Ombudsman.

That's really really weird... I hope your case gets resolved soon.

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-01
Inv.
2016-08-02
App.
2016-08-12
CO
2017-08-01
PCC
2016-09-19
HC
2016-09-19
Grant
2018-06-19
Dear @JS81

I think when ACS do assessment they need degree to be attest from the higher education system where your degree verified so there is no point about the verification or they have some confusion .

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.