• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Info Necessity of assessing Relevant Skilled Employment in Engineers Australia

SHEKHARTAPAN

Timeline missing
Hi,i
I am a chemical engineer and my case is a bit complicated i applied for my skill assessment wrote my CDR based on my prior experience EA assessed my CDR as a professional engineer the only thing i had to explain in this process was my additional role as a sales executive as it was my designation at the time of resignation while i was hired as a chemical engineer as it mentioned on my offer letter. Now i wanna go for relevant work experience assessment.
i have 42 months of professional experience 6 months in a company where i worked from sep 2013 - march 2014 and 3 years in another company from march 2014 - feb 2017
i have got 2 years of tax filed during the financial year 2015 and 2016 within 12 months of the financial years while the rest was filed in 2019 as a voluntary statement as it was not taxable at that time.

but i do have the EOBI record for the whole three years in the company i worked for three years

while for the company i worked for six months has changed their name and i have my Social security record with a different name but the address for the company is still same

My question is what documents should i provide for the whole 42 months ?
Also would EA will assess my work experience for three years?
i would be grate full if you could help me with that .
Thanks
@ Miss Hamxa, Myself Shekhar Patel From India. I am Also Chemical Engineer, kindly share your valuable opinion regarding Australian Immigration Process, And how much time will take for this(233111)?

SHEKHARTAPAN

Timeline missing
Hi, I'm going for the Relevant Skilled Assessment for Chemical Engineer and am not sure if my primary documents are acceptable.

1. The requirements for primary documents include main duties/position descriptions. Is this really necessary? I do have the job offer and resignation letters both with the company letter heads and period of employment. But in my home country, job offers do not state the main duties. Do I have to prepare a separate reference letter and get my ex companies to sign off again?

2. How strict are Engineers Australia with the format as my offer letters do not have dates in the dd/mm/yyyy format as mentioned in the MSA, but are clear enough to understand the correct period.

3. One of the company I worked for has a job offer letter that was only signed by the employee and not by HR (hence the letter consist of the general phone line and company's website). Is that ok?

Many thanks in advance.
Obvious, Mr. JoJo

I think it is important to share my case if anyone is considering to pay for RSE. I did not go through it, and no issues were raised by the DIBP. I presented my contracts, payslips, and a letter from my employer in my visa application, and that was it, no further questions were asked by them regarding this and my visa was granted in less than half a year. So if you have all the right documents, I would encourage you to save some money and not pay for RSE.
Idk if you are still checking this thread, but I'll try my luck! Does it mean that you only paid for qualification assessment (i.e. education qualification) and not the work experience (i.e. RSEA)? If this is the case, during your visa lodging, are the points you claimed for your work experience related or relevant to the educational qualification which you had an assessment from EA? I asked because I have a civil engineering bachelors from overseas and an environmental engineering masters degree from Australia but not accredited by EA. I have work experience as project engineer (2 years) and then 3 years consultancy which is mostly like a project admin/coordinator working closely with technical PMs (e.g. engineers, archi). I would like to nominate CE as my skilled occupation but my highest education is in EnvEng. Also, Idk if I can claim all 5 years. Apologies for the long query. Thank you.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can claim only relevant experience that took place after your degree.

Hello Everyone,
Hope you are in good health.

I have read your response to others' queries in Migration Skills Assessment.
Hope this would reach to you and you would reply to it.

I am a civil engineering graduate (4 years) with a PGDM (Real Estate Management 2 years) and have four-plus years of experience.
Please suggest whether to go for the Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment along with CDR.
What would be the impact if my result is one of below three -
Professional Engineer
Engineering Technologist
Engineering Associate

Can i go for engineering Manager, if yes, how?

Thanks
Looking forward to your response.
So much in confusion.

fme25

Wanderer
MSA
2020-02-25
Skill
SC
189/491
Point
80/95
EOI
2020-02-29
Dear @MysticRiver ,

I hope your are doing well!
I just have a small clarificarion concerning the work experience post the assessment ( considering the same position and company)
In my case:I had 2 years assessed by EA
but now when I lodged the visa I claimed the points for the 3 years as it was updated automatically in the EOI ( still same job and company).

for that case shall I consider to reasses the years of exp that I have gained after the assessment ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t think you need reassessment.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.