Info Necessity of assessing Relevant Skilled Employment in Engineers Australia

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Dear All,

Here is some FAQ. The answers are directly from Engineers Australia.

Q1) Is Relevant Skilled Employment assessment fee mandatory, or optional?

Engineers Australia: The assessment of your work experience is relevant only if you wish to claim points for your work experience in your Visa Application. If you do not wish to claim points for your work experience, then it is not necessary to go through the work assessment (and therefore it is not necessary to pay the fee). Note that DIAC (now DIBP) has advised us that the additional Services are not mandatory, but *highly desirable*. The lack of work assessment may delay the application. It is up to you to decide if you wish to undertake this additional assessment or not.

Q2) If it is optional, then what is the benefit for paying this? What will be the difference it'll make during immigration process or anywhere else if I assess for Relevant Skilled Employment, compare to others who didn't do??

Engineers Australia: This you should ask DIAC (now DIBP). As mentioned above, the lack of work assessment may delay the application, but I am not aware of what might be the other implications of not having done this assessment when you apply for migration.

Q3) I need to have 5 years of professional experience to achieve my immigration point. Right now I have 4 years and 10 months skilled employment experience. In my case, should I apply for Relevant Skilled Employment assessment now, or should I only apply for Standard CDR assessment and apply Relevant Skilled Employment assessment later once I complete my 5 years? Or it'll not be necessary to send for Relevant Skilled Employment assessment to Engineers Australia?

Engineers Australia: If you wish to undertake the work assessment, then you should do it simultaneously with your CDR application. If you chose to do so, then an additional paragraph will be written on your official assessment letter, stating your dates of relevant employment as per the evidences provided. For example " relevant work experience overseas from June 2007 to August 2011". DIAC (now DIBP) is aware that there may be some delay between the time your assessment is finalised and you actually apply for migration. You should ask DIAC directly to enquire how they would consider work experience obtained after the assessment.

Shaukat Ahmed

Timeline missing
Dear All,

Here is some FAQ. The answers are directly from Engineers Australia.

Q1) Is Relevant Skilled Employment assessment fee mandatory, or optional?

Engineers Australia: The assessment of your work experience is relevant only if you wish to claim points for your work experience in your Visa Application. If you do not wish to claim points for your work experience, then it is not necessary to go through the work assessment (and therefore it is not necessary to pay the fee). Note that DIAC has advised us that the additional Services are not mandatory, but *highly desirable*. The lack of work assessment may delay the application. It is up to you to decide if you wish to undertake this additional assessment or not.

Q2) If it is optional, then what is the benefit for paying this? What will be the difference it'll make during immigration process or anywhere else if I assess for Relevant Skilled Employment, compare to others who didn't do??

Engineers Australia: This you should ask DIAC. As mentioned above, the lack of work assessment may delay the application, but I am not aware of what might be the other implications of not having done this assessment when you apply for migration.

Q3) I need to have 5 years of professional experience to achieve my immigration point. Right now I have 4 years and 10 months skilled employment experience. In my case, should I apply for Relevant Skilled Employment assessment now, or should I only apply for Standard CDR assessment and apply Relevant Skilled Employment assessment later once I complete my 5 years? Or it'll not be necessary to send for Relevant Skilled Employment assessment to Engineers Australia?

Engineers Australia: If you wish to undertake the work assessment, then you should do it simultaneously with your CDR application. If you chose to do so, then an additional paragraph will be written on your official assessment letter, stating your dates of relevant employment as per the evidences provided. For example " relevant work experience overseas from June 2007 to August 2011". DIAC is aware that there may be some delay between the time your assessment is finalised and you actually apply for migration. You should ask DIAC directly to enquire how they would consider work experience obtained after the assessment.

Could you please give the link of the above FAQ at Engineer Australia website?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
This is not clearly mentioned in their website. The post here was direct reply via email from Engineers Australia through personal email. You can always ask any question for double check, if you want, in their address [email protected]

Hello All,
I am mechanical engineer and applied for skill assesment( fast track), how much time will it take for the outcome. And does skill assesment or CD-R add points to my final pr process. Can any one suggest me in detail
Hello All,
I am mechanical engineer and applied for skill assesment( fast track), how much time will it take for the outcome. And does skill assesment or CD-R add points to my final pr process. Can any one suggest me in detail

Am also a mechanical engineer preparing the documentation to submit for the assessment , will you be able26 to share some sample documents to <truncated: no personal information>?
Thanks in advance

ruiz10b

Wanderer
MSA
2018-04-13
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-04-15
Inv.
2018-08-11
App.
2018-09-16
PCC
2018-09-15
HC
2018-09-22
Grant
2019-02-18
IED
2019-09-25
Hi @MysticRiver ,
Do you know if this policy has changed? Is still optional to go through RSE Assessment? And if you decide not to take it but still claim points for experience, do you know which documents will be required by DIBP to demonstrate experience?
Thanks for your help!

MSA
2018-04-13
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-04-15
Inv.
2018-08-11
App.
2018-09-16
PCC
2018-09-15
HC
2018-09-22
Grant
2019-02-18
IED
2019-09-25

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
In my knowledge, officially the policy is still the same though if you ask DIBP, the phone support attendant will tell you that you need to do this. But if you ask EA< most likely they will say it's not mandatory, but highly recommended. There is a chance that, if you do not do this, the CO will scrutinize a lot during visa processing, just saying.

Hello Mystic River,
I am planning on doing my CDR and I have some queries. Please let me know if you could help me through. I am an ECE graduate with 6 years of exp in embedded systems. Will doing CDR with EA gets me the points for experience or should I also do relevant skilled employment to get the points? In that case does EA deduct any min years from my years of experience and how many points will I get for my 6 years work exp? Also for reference related to work experience will statutory documents be sufficient or is company letter head mandatory? I know it is too much of questions, but it would be grateful if I can find answers for those so that I can proceed confidently on the application process.
Thanks in Advance

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
should I also do relevant skilled employment to get the points?
It's not mandatory, but highly recommended.

In that case does EA deduct any min years from my years of experience and how many points will I get for my 6 years work exp?
EA does not deduct any relevant experience (that's why it is not mandatory).

Also for reference related to work experience will statutory documents be sufficient
There is a list of documents in EA booklet. Follow that.

company letter head mandatory?
Yes, for the experience letter.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you have to write 3 career episodes based on your qualification.

Hello,
I am an industrial engineer applying for the 189 visa. I already got the skill assessment. I have three years of experience but one of this year was during my last year of university (I was employed fulltime, with the same tasks as the other colleagues and just doing my thesis and a few subjects at Uni). Could I claim the 5 points of relevant skilled employment or would be impossible because one year of it was before I got the title?

Thank you for you help.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You cannot claim points for the experience that you gained before you earned your Bachelor degree.

C

Confused girl

Hi all,
I'm trying to write a CDR to get assessed for 189(PT) visa. I'm a computer engineer bachelor but all my 5 years of work experience (in Sweden) is in Telecommunication ( Mobile network transmission) So I decided to choose Telecommunication network engineer as my nomination. Would I get points based on my bachekor or work experience?
I want to do the RSE at the same time as CDR also but the former company I worked for (3 years of my experience) has been bought by a bigger company and basically doesn't exist anymore. I tried to get one of my former managers to sign the experience letter for me but he has no obligations and he doesn't seem like he will do it. The minimum experience they want for this nomination is 5 years. If I have no prove of those 3 years, does it mean that I will get rejected from EA? What are my opetions? Should I try to assess my degree as computer engineer which I have no experience at instead? ( All I have is a degree).
I have also been on parental leave for more than a year (which I don't want to mention on my CV) but would they find that out through checking my income tax return or will I get away with it?
Is there any good sample of writing career episods that could give me an idea where/how to start? I really don't even know what career episod mean!!
Thank you so much for your help!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If I have no prove of those 3 years
Then you don't have those 3 years of experience.

By the way, how do you plan to get an EA assessment without relevant qualification?

C

Confused girl

Then you don't have those 3 years of experience.

By the way, how do you plan to get an EA assessment without relevant qualification?
Hi and thanks for the prompt reply. I want to get assessed as telecom engineer and what it says on Immigration site is that I need a bachelor (not any special engineering is mentioned) plus 5 years of experience. So I thought I have a computer engineering bachelor plus 5 years of telecom experience and it should suffice, am I wrong to think that way?

Hi @MysticRiver ,
Do you know if this policy has changed? Is still optional to go through RSE Assessment? And if you decide not to take it but still claim points for experience, do you know which documents will be required by DIBP to demonstrate experience?
Thanks for your help!
Hey man, have you been assessed by engineers australia or only the department of home affairs regarding worke expeirence ponts?

Mahdi Amanipour

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,
I have a question about work experience assessment in EA:
I have a PhD in chemical engineering and also 5 years of full-time experience. However, my work experience is during studying PhD. is it acceptable for EA? or should I NOT claim my PhD and go with my MSc to use the points of work experience? If so, can I claim for PhD in EOI for immigration and use the points, too?

Thanks for your reply

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.