2018-12-01
PCC
2018-06-20
HC
2018-06-20
Grant
2019-03-04
Old posts but thought I would weigh in as nobody has offered this view:

I am on 485 post grad visa now. currently doing Accounting PY. I have a dependent partner on this 485 temporary visa. He is not skilled.

Is it possible for me to apply for my PR on July 2020 and NOT declare my partner as a dependent? This is so I get 10pts as single skilled.

Not declaring your partner, when (1) you have one, and (2) they are a dependent on your current visa - that would be providing the department with incorrect and/or misleading information and the visa may not be granted / cancelled after it is granted.

I'm married and my spouse is in overseas and the marriage registration already had done in my country but I haven't apply for the dependent visa of my spouse from Australia yet. so is it possible to apply my PR as a single applicant?

No it is not possible unless your relationship with your spouse breaks down before you submit your EOI - see above for why.

MSA
2018-06-15
Skill
SC
190 (ACT)
Point
EOI
2019-08-21
Inv.
2018-08-21
App.
2018-08-21
CO
2018-12-01
PCC
2018-06-20
HC
2018-06-20
Grant
2019-03-04

Arjun_12

Commoner
Timeline missing
Information from DHA about 16/11/2019 EOIs and Points test visas
DHA has clarified information on the updating of points for submitted EOIs when the 16 November 2019 changes come into effect.

The Department has clarified that:

– SkillSelect will automatically update points for all Expressions of Interest (EOI) in submitted status.
– EOIs in draft status will not be updated, as no points have been attributed at this stage in the system
– There will be no change to the ‘date of effect’ for any EOI when this change is applied.
– Points will only be updated once an EOI is submitted
– Specific systems functionality is still being developed and any information required by agents will be provided once the process has been finalised, however, no applicant or intending migrant will be disadvantaged by the changes to 6D points for Points Tested visas.

This might be helpful to clear confusion about DOE of EOI
Thanks

srinikk

Regular
MSA
2019-06-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
90/95
EOI
2020-02-12
Nom.
2020-05-13
Inv.
2020-05-14
App.
2020-05-24
Hi Team - Looking forward to your expert inputs. I posted this message on a different forum but this forum post seems more relevant for my questions. Hence, apologize for re-posting.

1. To get the 15 points for regional nomination, should it be applied with a particular state or territory only? The reason I am asking is, most of the states have a condition that people applying in my job category (261311) need to be in the state and work as well there while they are submitting EOI. And I currently live and work outside Australia.

2. Is there a way I can apply for any regional residence and work PR (I have confirmed almost all regional areas have my job code listed) without applying with a specific state?

That being said, if applying with a state or territory is the only way we can get the extra 15 points, could states open up application process for folks applying from offshore (Under the assumption the whole thought process is to promote more immigrants in regional areas than in cities)

@Arjun_12 Thanks for answering my final question on no change in "effective date" with Nov 16 changes.

Thanks,
Srini

MSA
2019-06-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
90/95
EOI
2020-02-12
Nom.
2020-05-13
Inv.
2020-05-14
App.
2020-05-24

Arjun_12

Commoner
Timeline missing
Currently 66% of points test applications have a partner included and 34% are single people. So going forward approximately one third of all EOIs (the single applicants) will gain 10 extra points on 16/11/2019. They will be happy.

The other two thirds of all EOIs (those people with a partner) will gain either 0, 5 or 10 points depending on the skills and english language ability of their partner. To break this down only 10% of those applicants with a partner are currently claiming partner points (ie they have an acceptable skills assessment). The other 90% of those with a partner will have to hope their partners english is at least competent (IELTS 6,6,6,6 or equivalent) to get 5 points. Currently only 12% (of all application) declare partner english skills at this level in their visa applications. Although presumably some could do better if they had to, and we have assumed this will happen.

In summary, from 16/11/2019 we believe that on an existing EOI score
34% will gain 10 points from being single or having an aussie partner
06% will gain 10 points from a partner with skills assessment and competent english
20% will gain 5 points from having a partner with competent english
40% will gain 0 points

So, Ranking Order (if all other points claims are EQUAL)
· First – primary applicants with a skilled spouse or de facto partner
· Equal First – primary applicants without a spouse or de facto partner
· Second – Primary applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who can demonstrate competent English but does not have the skills for skilled partner points (age and skills)
· Third – Primary applicants with a partner who is ineligible for either competent English or Skilled partner points. These applicants will be ranked below all other cohorts, if all other points claims are equal.

To cut story short what DHA are saying is that if you have a partner on your application they are potentially taking away an invitation that could have gone to another single highly skilled applicant. So your partner had better have skills or at least good english language ability. I am not saying this is fair, but it is the clear message DHA are giving here

Don't know this is true or not but thought this might be helpful post November to compete for places to get an invite.

Arjun_12

Commoner
Timeline missing
When DHA announced the New 16/11/2019 points test back in April 2019 the Explanatory Statement included these paragraphs
This will ensure that primary applicants without a partner (singles) will be ranked equally to other primary applicants who have the same human capital attributes. If all other points claims are equal, invitations for points tested visas will be ranked by the Migration Points Test as described below:
  • First – primary applicants with a skilled spouse or de facto partner
  • Equal First – primary applicants without a spouse or de facto partner
  • Second – Primary applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who can demonstrate competent English but does not have the skills for skilled partner points (age and skills)
  • Third – Primary applicants with a partner who is ineligible for either competent English or Skilled partner points. These applicants will be ranked below all other cohorts, if all other points claims are equal.
This suggested that if points were equal (let’s say 85 points) that EOIs claiming 10 partner points (single people and those with a skilled partner and competent english) would gain an invite BEFORE others on the same total even if they had a lesser effect date. As they would be ranked higher in the above ordering listed in the explanatory statement
DHA have confirmed to us that there will be NO new “rankings” system in the new points test (So the system remains as it currently is) . So when an EOI is allocated it’s points total and EOI date (including any new partner points etc) on 16/11/2019 … EOIs will be selected on merit from that point. It will be based as before, simply on points total and EOI effect date
DHAs reply included the following quotes
” There is no change to how EOIs are ranked in SkillSelect, nor will there be a change from 16 November 2019. ”
“…Yes, you are misintepreting the Explanatory Statement, there was no intention in this statement to imply there would be priority groupings.”
Cheers

chimchim

Commoner
MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
90/95
EOI
2019-10-10
Grant
2021-06-22
Currently 66% of points test applications have a partner included and 34% are single people. So going forward approximately one third of all EOIs (the single applicants) will gain 10 extra points on 16/11/2019. They will be happy.

The other two thirds of all EOIs (those people with a partner) will gain either 0, 5 or 10 points depending on the skills and english language ability of their partner. To break this down only 10% of those applicants with a partner are currently claiming partner points (ie they have an acceptable skills assessment). The other 90% of those with a partner will have to hope their partners english is at least competent (IELTS 6,6,6,6 or equivalent) to get 5 points. Currently only 12% (of all application) declare partner english skills at this level in their visa applications. Although presumably some could do better if they had to, and we have assumed this will happen.

In summary, from 16/11/2019 we believe that on an existing EOI score
34% will gain 10 points from being single or having an aussie partner
06% will gain 10 points from a partner with skills assessment and competent english
20% will gain 5 points from having a partner with competent english
40% will gain 0 points

So, Ranking Order (if all other points claims are EQUAL)
· First – primary applicants with a skilled spouse or de facto partner
· Equal First – primary applicants without a spouse or de facto partner
· Second – Primary applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who can demonstrate competent English but does not have the skills for skilled partner points (age and skills)
· Third – Primary applicants with a partner who is ineligible for either competent English or Skilled partner points. These applicants will be ranked below all other cohorts, if all other points claims are equal.

To cut story short what DHA are saying is that if you have a partner on your application they are potentially taking away an invitation that could have gone to another single highly skilled applicant. So your partner had better have skills or at least good english language ability. I am not saying this is fair, but it is the clear message DHA are giving here

Don't know this is true or not but thought this might be helpful post November to compete for places to get an invite.
So would the single be ranked first? M

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.