• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

No payslip is available for a part of the total employment

Dejaegar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-11-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-11-23
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2016-12-24
PCC
2016-12-24
HC
2017-01-07
Grant
2017-01-17
Hello Mystic River,

I intend to submit by EOI for subclass 189 (Skilled occupation - Software Engineer) soon. I have got my skills assessed by the ACS and it is positive. I have held 5 jobs till now and all have been assessed as related to skilled occupation - Software Engineer. Now, as I have begun to gather more documentation to proceed for the next step - Submitting an Expression of Interest on Skill Select, I realised that I do not have sufficient documentation to evidence my employment with my Employer 2 in terms of the salary I received (Payslips etc.). I only have the reference letter and service certificate from this employer and am unable to seek any more documents. The DIBP mentions that payslips need to be submitted while applying for the VISA. Since I do not have the payslips from Employer 2, can you please advice on what should I do? Two scenarios that come to my mind are,

A. Request ACS to reassess my skill assessment application without Employer 2 experience. I'll use this revised skills assessment letter for filing my EOI. I'll then mention my Employer 2 work experience under employment history in skill select but not claim points for it.

B. Go ahead with the current skill assessment letter to file my EOI on skill select. Not claim points for Employer 2 on skill select even though it has been assessed positively as related to Software Engineer occupation.

Many Thanks for all your advice on this forum. It's been a great source of help.

MSA
2016-11-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-11-23
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2016-12-24
PCC
2016-12-24
HC
2017-01-07
Grant
2017-01-17

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Option A is absolutely unnecessary. There is no rule that you have to match your assessed experience in your EOI. ACS assessed it because they were satisfied with the documents you provided for experience 2. It's not your headache if DIBP requires extra documents which you can't provide.

So, at the least, you can go with option B without any issue. As a matter of fact, if your points become too low without experience 2, I think you can include that in EOI as well, because though DIBP asks for payslips, it should not be impossible to convince them about some missing payslips for some part of your experience.

But, if your point is enough without experience 2, you can take the safe route and declare that experience non-relevant in your EOI. But in any case, I see no reason for a reassessment.

Dejaegar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-11-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-11-23
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2016-12-24
PCC
2016-12-24
HC
2017-01-07
Grant
2017-01-17
Option A is absolutely unnecessary. There is no rule that you have to match your assessed experience in your EOI. ACS assessed it because they were satisfied with the documents you provided for experience 2. It's not your headache if DIBP requires extra documents which you can't provide.

So, at the least, you can go with option B without any issue. As a matter of fact, if your points become too low without experience 2, I think you can include that in EOI as well, because though DIBP asks for payslips, it should not be impossible to convince them about some missing payslips for some part of your experience.

But, if your point is enough without experience 2, you can take the safe route and declare that experience non-relevant in your EOI. But in any case, I see no reason for a reassessment.
Thank You for the response Mystic River. So yes, as advised I am not going to seek a reassessment.

Actually Experience 2 is only for a period of 3 months. Its inclusion or exclusion in my EOI is not going to change the number of points I have. The only reason I am worried in not declaring it as relevant occupation in my EOI despite having been assessed positively by the ACS as relevant is because it would be glaringly inconsistent. I just put myself in the position of a case officer while looking at my application and got this thought "Wait, Why has this guy declared this work experience as not relevant in EOI despite the ACS assessing it as relevant" . Am I being too paranoid to assume a case officer would think along these lines?

Also, about proving my employment 2 experience, I received cash as salary and there are no records of payslips, bank statements, form 16's or tax deducted by employer. I however have my IT returns in which I self declared this cash I received as Income.

Many thanks again.

MSA
2016-11-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-11-23
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2016-12-24
PCC
2016-12-24
HC
2017-01-07
Grant
2017-01-17

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Actually Experience 2 is only for a period of 3 months. Its inclusion or exclusion in my EOI is not going to change the number of points I have. The only reason I am worried in not declaring it as relevant occupation in my EOI despite having been assessed positively by the ACS as relevant is because it would be glaringly inconsistent. I just put myself in the position of a case officer while looking at my application and got this thought "Wait, Why has this guy declared this work experience as not relevant in EOI despite the ACS assessing it as relevant" . Am I being too paranoid to assume a case officer would think along these lines?
If I were your CO, I'd not bother if you declared any relevant experience as irrelevant, just because it was not going to cause any extra (unfair) benefits for you. I'd rather be looking for the experience you claimed, if there was any lacking on that part. If you have a 10 years relevant experience, and decided to claim points for only 5 years, why that should be my (as a CO) concern?

Even if some CO asks the question (which I think is totally illogical), you can tell him the truth that you don't have the payslips with you as you received the cash, that's why you just ignored those to be in the safe side. You can also offer him the experience certificates as a proof. But again, I have never heard any CO bothered about the experience that was declared non-relevant.

Dejaegar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-11-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-11-23
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2016-12-24
PCC
2016-12-24
HC
2017-01-07
Grant
2017-01-17
If I were your CO, I'd not bother if you declared any relevant experience as irrelevant, just because it was not going to cause any extra (unfair) benefits for you. I'd rather be looking for the experience you claimed, if there was any lacking on that part. If you have a 10 years relevant experience, and decided to claim points for only 5 years, why that should be my (as a CO) concern?

Even if some CO asks the question (which I think is totally illogical), you can tell him the truth that you don't have the payslips with you as you received the cash, that's why you just ignored those to be in the safe side. You can also offer him the experience certificates as a proof. But again, I have never heard any CO bothered about the experience that was declared non-relevant.
Thanks a lot for your advice Mystic River! This has been of great help. :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Dear Admin,

Can you please advise, How many salary slips are required for per employment for the EOI. Actually for one employment, I also do not have complete salary slips, and I have only 2-3 months salary slips in-hand.
There is no specific number by the books, but most of the people would say "as much evidence of employment" should suffice the purpose. Hence the more the better. But I believe 2-3 months salary slips are good enough. Just in case if you CO asks for me, you can arrange more or just let the CO know a genuine reason for not having rest of them.

Divya Agarwal

Wanderer
Timeline missing
There is no specific number by the books, but most of the people would say "as much evidence of employment" should suffice the purpose. Hence the more the better. But I believe 2-3 months salary slips are good enough. Just in case if you CO asks for me, you can arrange more or just let the CO know a genuine reason for not having rest of them.
Thanks @Rakshanda

introspection

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Inv.
2017-03-14
App.
2017-05-02
CO
2017-07-19
Hi Mystic River
My degree is assessed and experience (3years)as a Telecomm Engineer. My question is how likely can I get the PR as all my experience is on cash. I got experience letters from both companies. I have already explained this thing to EA , in reply they told me to get the pay slips on company letter head(which I already submitted). Further I got 4 5 salaries of which I have the bank statement, the other bank statements I don't have as the account went dormant last year.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you have experience certificate and payslips as you suggested, you have a bright chance. You can add tax returns, if available, and whatever bank statement you can manage. In my bank, I can get very old dormant account statements as well, if I want, as bank stores all historical data. So, you can talk to your bank.

By the way, if you said "all my experience is on cash", then how did you get those "4/5 bank statements".?

introspection

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Inv.
2017-03-14
App.
2017-05-02
CO
2017-07-19
Thanks for your reply , Well i used to deposit cash into my account in the same area where my office was, which can be seen in the bank statement. There are no Tax returns available as it was all cash.

introspection

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Inv.
2017-03-14
App.
2017-05-02
CO
2017-07-19
Hi Mystic River
Also Please let me know , department has asked me for reference letter , I can get it from my companies. But one companies management is changed completely though they are still operating with the same name, so what should I do for this one .Also the second company regional manager (whom i was reporting to )has resigned , can he refer me on the new letter head(I can ask from other managers too ). to be on the safe side can I get letter from the clients which I worked for . anxiously waiting for the reply as I have 26 more days to go.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As you have little bit scattered evidences, I think you should try to get as many evidence as you can and submit them all. For example, you might get an official HR letter from the company (which usually does not have the job responsibilities mentioned) along with a statutory declaration from your manager/team lead (provided they are not with the company anymore) or even a colleague.

All you need to do is show your intent and effort collecting documents, I am pretty much sure DIBP will consider if you can't get all despite your best effort.

introspection

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Inv.
2017-03-14
App.
2017-05-02
CO
2017-07-19
As you have little bit scattered evidences, I think you should try to get as many evidence as you can and submit them all. For example, you might get an official HR letter from the company (which usually does not have the job responsibilities mentioned) along with a statutory declaration from your manager/team lead (provided they are not with the company anymore) or even a colleague.

All you need to do is show your intent and effort collecting documents, I am pretty much sure DIBP will consider if you can't get all despite your best effort.
Thanks A lot I will do my best, I am lucky that I am in contact with almost everyone out there :).

Russ

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2017-06-13
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-09-15
Inv.
2017-11-22
App.
2018-01-04
CO
2018-04-03
PCC
2018-01-16
HC
2018-01-24
Grant
2018-06-04
I'm waiting to see if anyone will say they are paid in bitcoin... lol

• Funny
Reactions: MysticRiver
MSA
2017-06-13
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-09-15
Inv.
2017-11-22
App.
2018-01-04
CO
2018-04-03
PCC
2018-01-16
HC
2018-01-24
Grant
2018-06-04

chipal

Timeline missing
Hi Mystic River

I am applying for 233512 mechanical Engineer. I am claiming points for 5 years work experience. But all my salary is paid in cash throughout but i have all the other documents like appointment, reference, salary slip, salary certificate. As i was paid in cash my salary was non taxable so I have ITR filed for non taxable income. I just want to know that would cash in hand salary be considered for skill assessment?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Should be fine. Having cash as salary is not against the law.

N.B: I am curious to know why cash payment is non-taxable? I need to move to your country :p.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.