• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Result Nominations by State and Territory Governments – August 2015

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Visa subclassACTNSWNTQldSATas.Vic.WATotal
Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa453320353921415326718
Skilled – Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa0113242362703232
Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa015071001148154
Business Talent (Permanent) (subclass 132) visa0302513721
Total45181446746921270441125

King Mo

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Good afternoon dear MysticRiver,
My CO been assigned and I sent all the documents as she requested. Its more than a week since I replied via email and also mentioned in the ImmiAccount that the case is ready for assessment ( They mentioned in the last email, Its taking anytime within 7 days to respond to any communication ) but I did not receive any reply from them yet. Is it a good thing or like war situation, no news is a good news? :D
Also, do you know how long does it take normally for the case officer to come up with a decision from the time you submit all they asked for? ( Subclass 190, VIC nominated )
Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It's no news, good or bad. Patience is the key here. Never get frustrated or impatient, because it'll do no good. It's not advisable either to ask for update, they don't appreciate this, and you will receive a default reply (saying they are doing there best, can't promise any timeline as that'll depend on many factors).

The reply time varies, not necessarily meets 7 days deadline all the time. Also if they don't have any thing to ask you, it is unlikely that they will reply just to acknowledge that they received your documents (that is what you online account is for).

Regarding decision deadline, it varies a lot, mainly constrained by your security clearance (your country of origin plays an important role here). I have seen in case of subclass 189, grant time varies from 2 months to 2 years. For 190 though, normally it takes 1-3 months. But again, there are lots of variables, you can't just formularize it. But at the end, it is very very unlikely to have your application rejected unless you've made a real big mess somewhere.

Also for future, can you please open a new thread in Discussion & Suggestion section for such question which is not related with the current post. It'll help me maintain the site.

Thanks,

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.