• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Non-IT graduation with 10+ yrs IT experience....ACS Clarifications

Lijo

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi MysticRiver,
First of all congrats for running the migration desk .......... I simply loved the clarity it bring to novice people like us with details. I have couple of queries where I need your advice.

I have 11.8 yrs of IT experience in performance engineering and testing from april 2004 to till date. My graduation is B.Sc plant biology and bio-technology (2001-2004) but I got into IT field in 2004 itself as part of campus offers. I completed M.Sc IT part time (2011-2013) along with my profession.my queries are

1. Will ACS consider my B.sc as it will not have ICT related subject units? however my M.sc IT has got ICT relevant subjects. I am not sure how ACS will assess my qualification in this situation for Skilled Met Date.
2. how many years will be deducted from my overall experience? is it 6 yrs or more?
3. My roles and responsibilities satisfies System analyst and software engineer job code? which one should I select
4.please provide the ceiling for system analyst and software engineer for 2016, please mention the month when ceiling is revised.

Appreciate your earliest response, Do we have any members in this forum who have undergone similar situation. I am planning to apply for 189 or 190.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lijo,

Welcome to the forum. Below are the answers to your question

1. Your qualification doesn't require to match your experience to apply for PR. So ACS will assess you, just that they will deduct more years from experience if you don't have a full time degree in ICT-major/minor.

2. As you have B.Sc. in non-ICT field and MS as part-time, ACS will deduct 6 years from your experience. So, you will able to show 4 years of relevant experience in EOI (e.g. 5 points). Check this post for detail (check the heading Non ICT Diploma or Higher), http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...d-applying-for-it-based-sol.41379/#post-41742

3 & 4. Below is the link where you can find details about ceiling for subclass 189. You can see both ICT Business and Systems Analysts and Software and Applications Programmers has 55% filled up already, both are in high demand occupation list and being invited in pro-rata basis. However Software and Applications Programmers hit minimum 60 points in last round result whereas ICT Business and Systems Analysts hit 65. Also number of applicants getting invitation is more than 3 times for Software and Applications Programmers. So you might want to choose that if possible.
http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/occupation-ceilings-update-2015-2016.41382/#post-41756

Timeline missing
Lijo,

In addition to the Mystic's considerations, you can check here : https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf which ICT field you feel confortable to apply for the ACS assessment. Based on the information you provided, I think any of 2613 should be suitable for you, but please take a look at the link above, that will allow you to confirm and match against your current/previous performed duties.

Lijo

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Mystic,
I had one more clarification,
While preparing the reference documnets (affidavits) for ACS assessment, i noticed few of my earlier companies have been acquired by bigger companies and all the employees are moved to the bigger company. This also changed there designated official email id's (New bigger company mail id) and employee code. But my relieving letters from these companies will be bearing the old company name. DO I NEED TO MENTION IN AFFIDAVITS THAT SO AND SO COMPANY HAS BEEN ACQUIRED BY BIGGER COMPANIES.

Timeline missing
Lijo,

I had the same scenario. I mentioned the following on my employment letter:
"This is to cerify that XXXXXX was a full-time employee of Company B (formerly Company A)"

If you want- another additional approach would be to write a short statement letter (signed by you, I don't think it's needed to get signed by any HR/Manager and/or have the official company letterhead), explaining the acquisition and then attach/upload among your documentation. It's simple that, I guess. :)

Timeline missing
Lijo,

I provided 2 letters from each employeer (for my case, it was 2x2 = 4 letters in total). One was the reference/employment letter and the other was a character letter (same purpose as the relieving letter, I guess). So, to answer your question, I believe you're corrrect. I did this and it worked.

Lijo

Wanderer
Timeline missing
One another basic doubt, My qualification documents will bear my name with Initials, However my work documents bears my name with father name
Qualification docs - A.K.Lijo Work Documents - Lijo Kurian ................... Is this acceptable?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
One another basic doubt, My qualification documents will bear my name with Initials, However my work documents bears my name with father name
Qualification docs - A.K.Lijo Work Documents - Lijo Kurian ................... Is this acceptable?
What does your passport say? What did you put in EOI?

Like Marcos said, it should not be a major issue as long as you keep clean from your side. When I said keep clean, I meant mention all the names in Form 80 (there is a section for listing all "Previous Names"). Also they might just ask an affidavit for this because A.K.Lijo and Lijo Kurian is far from same, right?

Zulfiqar

Timeline missing
Dear MysticRiver,

I am planning to apply for Australian Immigration. I just wanted to have specific information which is related to ACCA. I am an ACCA qualified with 10 years of experience working as Oracle Business Analyst. Is ACCA ICT minor or Non ICT? How many years of experience will be deducted from my experience?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
What is ACCA? If it is Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, as name suggest, I don't see any reason why it should be ICT.

But the bigger question is, being a certified chartered accountant, why are you bother whether it is ICT or non-ICT. Is you prefessional experience in ICT related field? If not, ACS is not your assessment authority and there is no point of bothering about ICT/non-ICT.

And ofcourse, if ACCA is not what I guessed, then please elaborate.

Zulfiqar

Timeline missing
Dear MysticRiver,

Thanks for the prompt response. ACCA is Association of Chartered Certified Accountant and but it has courses like Business Analysis which is completely related to IT. My complete work experience is of Oracle Business Analyst which is related to IT. I would want to know how many years of experience I will get. One of my friend having the same scenario got 6 years of experience out of his 8 years of experience but I have read it in your thread that if you qualification is NON IT and your experience is IT, ACS will deduct 6 years which will leave me with only 4 years of experience and I will fall short on 5 points.

Qualification: 15
IELTS: 0 (overall 7 band)
Work Exp: 5
State Sponsor: 5

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The thing is, ACS will deduct 2 to 8 years depending on your qualification and skill. For example, if you have qualification in ICT-major field which is closely related to your nominated occupation, ACS will deduct 2 years. For non-ICT diploma or vendor certification, they will deduct 6 years. You can check this post for detail scenario.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...d-applying-for-it-based-sol.41379/#post-41742

Now, if your skill (your personal job responsibility, not what your company's business is) is closely related to IT as you claimed, you do need to assess from ACS. And in that case, if you don't have any other ICT degree (BSc/MS etc.), I am afraid you might face a 6 years deduction as CA is a completely non-ICT degree as per my knowledge.

The friend you are referring to, if he indeed had only 2 years deducted, most probably he possessed some ICT-major degree (BSc/MS) on top of his CA certification. If not, then ACS made a mistake (a sweet one from the perspective of your friend).

Zulfiqar

Timeline missing
My friend had ACCA and BSc in applied accounting which again a NON ICT Qualification. I consulted with my friend and he confirmed me he applied on the basis of ACCA and got 6 years of experience recognized after deduction of 2 years. Now if I go by book I will get only 4 years of experience and if I listen to my friend I will get 6 years of experience.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.