• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Notify change of circumstances after Visa grant

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi mystic river..

I hope you are doing well.

Many thanks for your advises. I was granted visa recently :)

I have a question though, that i have recently switched jobs, therefore my information has changed; which include change in:
  • job title
  • job role
  • work address
  • work phone
  • Do i need to update this information? if yes then please advise how. I read online that we need to submit form 1022, but i dont know where to send it. I mean there is not place to upload it on the immi account. Also, there is a column in the form named stay period under heading visa details, what should i write in this columns.
Please note that i have not yet traveled to Australia but i plan to in the next 2-3 months.

Please advise to i can provide them with the updated information.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations for your grant.

As you are offshore applicants, you need to update any info that you provided with your application form unless you enter the Australia first time. Think like this, had you filled up your application form now, would there be any change compare to your submitted application. If yes, you need to update that.

You don't need any reference letter or such, just send form 1022 with the change information to your CO.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you... it has been a great journey...wait.. and then the happiness finally :)

But would it look odd without a reference letter, like for e.g. if i was the CO and someone told me they switched jobs, i would expect a reference letter from both the previous employer that person x has left from here and from the new employer that person x has joined here..... having said that, i also do want to give extra information/extra material so things remain calm and quiet... as my new job is, although at a higher salary and benefits and a higher position, but is a contractual job.... so i wanted to keep things simple... just let them know .... but on the same time i also think a reference letter is good practice....

please advise..

thanks and regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think so. If I were your CO, I wouldn't care for any solid proof of your new employment because it wouldn't change any of your point claim and wouldn't affect your visa decision. It is just for record keeping purpose and I see no reason why they should ask this. So I wouldn't make any extra efforts unless they specifically ask for something.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For subclass 189/190, stay period should be "Indefinite". It should be mentioned in your Visa Grant Notice (that you received with your grant notification email), along with other information. It should also be mentioned in your VEVO Entitlement Check page under "Period of Stay".

Orchid

Timeline missing
Hi,

I have applied for 190 visa and CO contacted me for form 80 and form 1221.

After 1 month I got a new job in another country.
How can I update DIBP on this new circumstances.

Can anyone please advise me on this.

Thanks
Orchid

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't sent form 80 yet, you can just update in form 80. Otherwise, send an update via email. If you have your address changed, send form 929.

Timeline missing
Hi my husband is on student visa subclass 500 which got extended on 13 th oct 2016. We got married on may 2nd 2016. There was a mistake in visa application and marital status was not changed to Married and kept back as never married. What can be done please let me know??

Timeline missing
I have made an application of student dependent visa as an subsequent entrant. But unfortunately it got refused. The reason is that Iam not added in my husband's visa application nor his status shows as married. Now my husband has filled 1022 form for change of circumstances on 13th dec 2016 and sent to DIBP but we have not got any response.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
He needs to send Form 1023 to DIBP to rectify any incorrect information provided during visa applicant.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Now my husband has filled 1022 form for change of circumstances on 13th dec 2016 and sent to DIBP but we have not got any response.

In my knowledge, Form 1022 is for change of circumstances, e.g. if you got married after he applied for Visa. On the other hand, if you got married before he submitted his visa application and he mistakenly put unmarried in the application, he needs Form 1023 to correct any misinformation.

How can I reapply and how will my husband get to know the status of change of circumstances in his visa application?
He tried callinh DIBP and has also sent email but there is no response. When is the right time for me to apply dependant visa please help me.

How much time will it take for the changes to get reflected in his visa and how will they let us know about this?
I am not sure if marital information is available in VEVO, it's worth checking. Also, if he's in Australia, it is very easy to go to any DIBP center, if he's having difficulties calling them.

Timeline missing
In my knowledge, Form 1022 is for change of circumstances, e.g. if you got married after he applied for Visa. On the other hand, if you got married before he submitted his visa application and he mistakenly put unmarried in the application, he needs Form 1023 to correct any misinformation.

I am not sure if marital information is available in VEVO, it's worth checking. Also, if he's in Australia, it is very easy to go to any DIBP center, if he's having difficulties calling them.
Yes it was a mistake how long will it take to correct it??

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Is this mistake going to be a problem for my husband's visa??
I don't think so. It's not any fraudulent claim. If somebody claims someone as his wife and brings her in dependent visa, whereas she's not, that would be a major issue.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.