Notify short travel after Visa grant

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi There

I need another piece of advice. I recently traveled to another Country for 15 days for Religious Festivities - i wanted to know if we should tell our case officers that I have traveled or is it not necessary to tell about International Travels as my passport has been Visa stamped.

If we need to inform them, then what is the correct way to inform them. Is just an email sufficient or do i need to fill out a form or something.

p.s. I applied out of australia and have not yet landed there.

Thanks in advance.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Until you have first entry to Australia, you are required to notify DIBP for any change of circumstances that would affect the answers to the questions in your visa application form by sending Form 1022 to your CO.

I believe a complete travel history is required in Form 80, not in application form (where they only ask about your residency, as far as I remember, and 15 days travel is not a residency). So I don't think you are required to notify this travel. Still if you want, you can just send an email to your CO with your travel details in email body and ask if you need to send form 1022, no harm on that.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi

Yes the application form only asked for residency but form 80 asked for travel history. As i see it, there is not a change in information like a change in passport or a change in phone number for which i can fill out form 1022 stating information x is not current whereas not information y is current. It is more like i would like to add information y to information x whereas information x still holds.

Also, in the email, should i state that it was a personal trip or should i specify that i went there for Religious Festivities?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Just specify you went for a short vacation.

BzNile

Timeline missing
Dear Mystic

I have been granted a visa.

I remember answering a question about if I have a planned transit country on my way to Australia and I have answered none.
But, now I have come to understand that I have to transit through Dubai and I will only stay for 6 hours max there (at the terminal). My question is, should that count to be a transit and do I need to update to CO?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I see no reason for that.

And, out of curiosity, where did you have that question?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.