2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12
Hello Mysticriver,

I have a question regarding my wife's visa grant letter. Whiles our visa application was been assessed, I uploaded form 929 and all the necessary documents for a new passport (with name change due to marriage) for my wife but on my wife's visa Grant letter, her new name change appeared on the grant letter but the old passport number remained on the letter. I tried to verify her visa on VEVO with both the OLD and NEW passport numbers and visa summary page from VEVO appears similar (same name, visa number and details) except for the different passport numbers which appeared on the grant letters.

Should I be worried about why her new passport number did not appear on the visa grant letter just as the visa grant letter?

Thanks

Kofee

MSA
2016-03-09
Point
EOI
2016-05-06
Inv.
2016-05-11
App.
2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It is something that happens time to time. You have several options to correct this:

1) In your ImmiAccount, click on "Update us", then "Change Passport Details" (only available for applicants who submitted their application after Oct'2014). (thanks to @Marcos Albuquerque for pointing out this option)
OR,
2) Send an email to your CO (in your case it is not possible because your CO was not assigned).
OR,
3) Reply to the person who sent your visa grant notification (either reply the email, if it was sent with a proper reply-to address, or sent an email to the person if contact details were mentioned).
OR,
4) Send an email to your local Australian embassy with form 929 and scanned copy of old and new passport (check email address in their website, normally it takes the form of [email protected]).
OR,
5) Carry both the passports while travelling to Australia. At airport immigration, they will update the new passport at VEVO.

This is true for changing passport details under any circumstance, at any time.

Also, note that, it can take up to 2 weeks to see the updates in VEVO.

A Osei

Wanderer
MSA
2016-03-09
Point
EOI
2016-05-06
Inv.
2016-05-11
App.
2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12
Thanks Mysticriver. I got it from GSM Brisbane. I will drop them an email now. I will keep you posted on any development.
Cheers

Kofee

MSA
2016-03-09
Point
EOI
2016-05-06
Inv.
2016-05-11
App.
2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12
Timeline missing
Thanks Mysticriver. I got it from GSM Brisbane. I will drop them an email now. I will keep you posted on any development.
Cheers

Kofee

An alternative to all of the steps Mystic provided is this...
In your ImmiAccount profile, you can use the 'Contact us' after your app visa is in finalised status. Click under 'Change passport details', select the applicant's name, provide if the name is changed or not and fill in the remaining details such as the new passport nbr, dates, etc. Moreover, if name is changed, you must scan the Bio page and send by using the provided link or email.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
An alternative to all of the steps Mystic provided is this...
In your ImmiAccount profile, you can use the 'Contact us' after your app visa is in finalised status. Click under 'Change passport details', select the applicant's name, provide if the name is changed or not and fill in the remaining details such as the new passport nbr, dates, etc. Moreover, if name is changed, you must scan the Bio page and send by using the provided link or email.

Oh yes, I missed that, thanks. However, bear in mind, this is only applicable who people who applied after Oct'2014 (or nearby, I am little bit lazy to search for exact date). Applicants who submit their application before that date will not see that option in their ImmiAccount.

A Osei

Wanderer
MSA
2016-03-09
Point
EOI
2016-05-06
Inv.
2016-05-11
App.
2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12
Thanks Marcos and Mystic River. The new passport has been linked to VEVO. However, I was expecting a New Visa Grant letter to be issued bearing the new passport details but that has not been done.

Thanks

MSA
2016-03-09
Point
EOI
2016-05-06
Inv.
2016-05-11
App.
2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I never heard any case where new grant letter was issued. Your VEVO is you proof of residency with updated info, your grant number will remain same, so no new letter to be issued.

A Osei

Wanderer
MSA
2016-03-09
Point
EOI
2016-05-06
Inv.
2016-05-11
App.
2016-06-09
PCC
2016-06-29
HC
2016-06-29
Grant
2016-08-12
I just got a new visa grant letter this morning for my spouse passport information update. The new Grant letter has her new name and new passport number. Thank you all....

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, that's nice to know that they do provide new grant letter on request. One of my friend's request was denied in the past citing that the VEVO letter was enough and a new grant letter was not required :).

I just got a new visa grant letter this morning for my spouse passport information update. The new Grant letter has her new name and new passport number. Thank you all....
Hi A Osei, can I please ask you what did you do to obtain a new Grant letter as I have changed the new passport number for my mother online but haven´t received anything. Maybe I have missed something. Please advise. Thank you for your help.

T

travellerfromindia

It is something that happens time to time. You have several options to correct this:

1) In your ImmiAccount, click on "Update us", then "Change Passport Details" (only available for applicants who submitted their application after Oct'2014). (thanks to @Marcos Albuquerque for pointing out this option)
OR,
2) Send an email to your CO (in your case it is not possible because your CO was not assigned).
OR,
3) Reply to the person who sent your visa grant notification (either reply the email, if it was sent with a proper reply-to address, or sent an email to the person if contact details were mentioned).
OR,
4) Send an email to your local Australian embassy with form 929 and scanned copy of old and new passport (check email address in their website, normally it takes the form of [email protected]).
OR,
5) Carry both the passports while travelling to Australia. At airport immigration, they will update the new passport at VEVO.

This is true for changing passport details under any circumstance, at any time.

Also, note that, it can take up to 2 weeks to see the updates in VEVO.

Hi
I recently only came to know about updating new passport details in my previously granted passport. I am travelling in two days. I have sent an email to the embassy and they said they would notify the high commission but can I still travel with the old and new passport since it takes time for the actual change to happen and my travel is urgent.
Would they make the change if I carry the old and new passport in VEVO at the airport even if its an Evisa?

Really worked up :(

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you have both your passport with you, the immigration officer at the airport will update your details instantly, so don't worry.

I

Indian Traveller 2

Hi
I recently only came to know about updating new passport details in my previously granted passport. I am travelling in two days. I have sent an email to the embassy and they said they would notify the high commission but can I still travel with the old and new passport since it takes time for the actual change to happen and my travel is urgent.
Would they make the change if I carry the old and new passport in VEVO at the airport even if its an Evisa?

Really worked up :(

Hi There,
i am in a similar situation and am flying out in a few ours. Did they update your details and let you through?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
All you need is to carry both the passport. The immigration officer at the Australian airport will update your details.

QIT

Wanderer
MSA
2017-06-22
Point
EOI
2017-07-08
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I should start a new topic or just post here as I have a similar problem. I've submitted my EOI and waiting for an invitation, however, my passport is going to expire in July 2018. As I still do not have invitation and processing times are about 11 months, should I apply for a new passport?

It takes a while to get a new passport and how do I update EOI? What happens if in the meantime I receive an invitation for the old passport and apply for PR using the new one?

I'm confused what should I do. Was anyone in a similar situation? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Changing passport at any stage is not an issue.

QIT

Wanderer
MSA
2017-06-22
Point
EOI
2017-07-08
Awesome, thank you. This means that I can change my passport at any time, no worries?

Would you suggest getting a new passport before applying for 189? or leave it as it is and keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to get it before my passport expires?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Even if your PP expires during the processing, it won't be a big issue.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.