• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

2019-2020 Partner skill assessment 5 points

Rajnish Garg

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Team,

Can someone please guide me what’s the exact criteria to claim 5 extra points on top of English competency for the basis of partner skill set ?
Here is my situation-
My wife has around 8 years of exprience around computer network and system engineer category, but in last 2 years her experience is geared more towards software tester and managerial position.
Will I still be able to claim extra 5 points on the basis of partner skill set ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For you to claim 5 points, all she needs to do is to appear in an English test and score at least Competent English (IELTS 6 or equivalent).

Last edited:

Rajnish Garg

Wanderer
Timeline missing
For you to claim 5 points, all she needs to do is to appear in an English test and score at least Competent English (IELTS 6 or equivalent).
Hi MysticRiver,
Thanks for your quick response.
I am trying to claim 10 partner points.
Here is the complete situation-
1. My spouse already have competent English and age less than 45 years
2. For experience, we got a skill assessment done in early 2018 and as per acs, she got 8 years of work experience in 263111 computer network and system engineer category. Since last 1.8 years, her experience is geared towards software tester. As per my understanding, software tester is not under 189 category list, whereas 263111 is listed under 189 category list. I need some advise what’s the criteria to claim extra 5 points against work experience for partners ?

Raj

gandalfandbilbo

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi MysticRiver,
Thanks for your quick response.
I am trying to claim 10 partner points.
Here is the complete situation-
1. My spouse already have competent English and age less than 45 years
2. For experience, we got a skill assessment done in early 2018 and as per acs, she got 8 years of work experience in 263111 computer network and system engineer category. Since last 1.8 years, her experience is geared towards software tester. As per my understanding, software tester is not under 189 category list, whereas 263111 is listed under 189 category list. I need some advise what’s the criteria to claim extra 5 points against work experience for partners ?

Raj
Cannot claim 5 points for Work exp for partners
Only your (main applicant) work exp is counted

Maximum points with partner you can claim is 10 points
1- English - 5pts
2- +ve skill assessment - 5pts

use the old acs skill assessment for EOI

Cannot claim 5 points for Work exp for partners
Only your (main applicant) work exp is counted

Maximum points with partner you can claim is 10 points
1- English - 5pts
2- +ve skill assessment - 5pts

use the old acs skill assessment for EOI
Thanks Grandal.
Can you please advice what’s the exact criteria to claim partner +ve skill asssessment? Does she have to minimum of 4 out of last 5 years of experience in the same category list as mine ?
And do you know whether it’s mandatory to get the skill assessment every 2 years as it’s stated in the ACS assessment letter?

Raj

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
To claim 10 points for partner's skill, your partner needs to have a skill assessment in a skill that shares the same occupation list as you. If the skill assessment authority requires some relevant experience (e.g., in case of assessment from ACS, it does), he/she needs to have that experience. Other than that, no additional experience is required.

DHA said:
Additionally, you will need to provide evidence that when you were invited to apply for this visa that they:
  • were under 45 years old
  • had competent English
  • had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation
  • had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated skilled occupation, and the assessment wasn’t for a Subclass 485 visa.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.