SC
189/190
Point
70/75
EOI
2021-10-19
Inv.
2022-10-06
Door opens for permanent migration to Australia for low-skill workers without great English, but there's a catch

D

Deleted member 4649

Door opens for permanent migration to Australia for low-skill workers without great English, but there's a catch
Do you have to be nominated by an employer first in order to get on the designation area migration agreement program?
If that's that case,isn't it "risky" to get employed offshore?I mean how can one be sure of the working conditions or the environment if they haven't been there to see it first hand?
On the one hand,it sounds like a great way to move to Australia but on the other,it sounds rather "risky".

Kaustubhp

Regular
MSA
2018-10-31
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
EOI
2021-10-19
Inv.
2022-10-06
Do you have to be nominated by an employer first in order to get on the designation area migration agreement program?
If that's that case,isn't it "risky" to get employed offshore?I mean how can one be sure of the working conditions or the environment if they haven't been there to see it first hand?
On the one hand,it sounds like a great way to move to Australia but on the other,it sounds rather "risky".
Not sure about the exact details of this visa.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15

All of these jobs mostly include farming, plumbing, electricians etc. Where you do not have to really worry about the employer, because the employee itself is a hard working person when he agrees to work as a farmer in Australia :)

D

Deleted member 4649

All of these jobs mostly include farming, plumbing, electricians etc. Where you do not have to really worry about the employer, because the employee itself is a hard working person when he agrees to work as a farmer in Australia :)
Sure but what I meant was what if the employer takes advantage of them or treats them unfairly?
I mean I know that's always a risk when you get a job,wherever and whichever job it is but given the fact that you will be dependent on a visa and consequently that employer who might even threaten you with xyz if you try to speak up,it is quite risky.
By the way,do you know how the process of the DAMA agreement is like?Because I haven't found enough about it.Do you have to apply for jobs and then the employers who want to give you the job sponsor you and do the paperwork?Or does an employee have to apply for the visa independently?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Sure but what I meant was what if the employer takes advantage of them or treats them unfairly?
I mean I know that's always a risk when you get a job,wherever and whichever job it is but given the fact that you will be dependent on a visa and consequently that employer who might even threaten you with xyz if you try to speak up,it is quite risky.
Like you said, there is this risk for every job, but there are several active government bodies which handle any unfair treatment. That might not be a full-proof system but is better than most other countries around the globe in my experience.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.