Planing to Apply for Sub Class 189. Need Help.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hello,

I have been following your posts from quiet some time now and have a lot of things cleared up and finally decided to make an account and ask for your help directly in my case as well, so here it goes.

I am Rakshanda Affan, married, no kids, 32 years of age. My qualifications are as below:

1- Matric (10 year of studies) in 2001
2- Intermediate (12 year of studies) in 2003
3- Bachelors in Arts (14 years of studies) in 2007
4- Masters in IR (16 years of studies) in 2011
5- IELTS 6.5 over all (Academic) in 2015 = Speaking (7), Writing (6), Reading (6), Listening (6)

Now my queries are as follows:

1- Does IELTS academic works in case of Immigration?
2- I have 16 years of work experience as a "computer network & system engineer" (263111 Anzo code) since 2001 till date, with a NON-ICT masters degree, if I may apply for an RPL, how many years will ACS deduct in my case?
3- In case of positive RPL assessment, will I also get 15 points for my masters degree ?
4- 60 points for subclass 189 is eligibility criteria. Is this adequate enough ? And in such cases (Just eligible) how much time do they take to invite for the visa ?

I have few more queries lined up as well, but after I get the answers to above mentioned. I am hoping for a swift response.

Regards
Rakshanda.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Dear Mystic,

Thank you for your prompt reply. You are being very helpful. Now moving onto my other queries.

1- What is the criteria of ACS, for the verification of my work experience ? Via call to my employer or email ? Or do they have local bodies for such verifications ?
2- In any of the above cases, i.e. call or an email, what happens if my employer is unable to respond to the call or an email? Does that leads to a negative assessment or do they try to contact the employer more than once?
3- Is it necessary that my employer should be an incorporated company from the government or what we call it here is FBR (federal board of revenue) or SECP (Security & exchange commission of Pakistan) since the begining of my experience which I presented to ACS ?
4- A single work experience in a single organization for the entire 16 years is enough or more than one will be better ? (I can provide two if better)
5-In your point of view and experience, do u think I should put my RPL myself or hire a pro immigration consultant for the same ? (I do believe there are few hidden tips n tricks which consultants do have to put ur case in a professional way so that the assessing bodies may not refuse the application due to an unusual reason).
6- If you are going to suggest me to hire a pro immigration consultant, please do let me know how to choose one ? How to check the credibility of any immigration consultant, as we do have a lot of scams in Pakistan.

Regards
Rakshanda

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. First you have to privde supporting docs in proper format (check ACS booklet). Then they might call your employer, but that does not happen frequently.

2. I don't think they would reject in such case without contacting you.

3. Nope, they need to be a company, that's all.

4. Number of years is all that matters, nothing else.

5. Well, it's your decision. Unless you are stuck or your case is too comolicated, i never suggest any agency (if you talk to them, they always sound like there is a mountain ahead of you, nonmatter what).

6. I am not going to.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

Thank you, a few more queries are mentioned below:

1- Is there any forecast by which you can examine and let me know the ratio of successful RPL assessments leading towards sub class 189 getting positive visa invitations ?
2- Will I get a verification call or email from ACS to confirm my work experience or expertise while I am getting assessed by ACS for an RPL ?
3- After successful RPL and submitting my EOI, will I or my employer are going to get any verification email or call from DIBP or someone assigned by them locally before visa invitation ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. I believe RPL is just a requirement for ACS migration assessment for non-ICT qualified people, but it has no further impact (positive or negative) on invitation. So, the question is wrong.

2. You may, you may not. If you have nothing to hide, that shouldn't bother you.

3. Refer to answer 2.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

All right. I have a few concerns now which have made me cautious about applying to subclass 189. I am sharing those points below:

1- I have check over border agency website which gives me the results shown below. Does that means no one has been sent an invitation from border agency who claimed 60 points in this round ?

1 September results
The following graph shows the points for clients who were invited to apply in the 1 September 2016 round.

01092016.jpg

Points scores and the visa dates of effect cut off for the below occupations in the 1 September 2016 invitation round.

Occupation Identification Description Points score Visa date of effect
2211 Accountants 70 31 July 2016 10.51 am
2212 Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers 70 24 August 2016 4.53 pm
2611 ICT Business and System Analysts 65 25 April 2016 11.22 am
2613 Software and Applications Programmers 65 20 August 2016 12.44 pm
2339 Other Engineering Professionals 65 19 August 2016 11.55 am
2631 Computer Network Professionals 65 19 August 2016 10.49 pm

2- Also I could not found any results for subclass 190. Where could I find them ?

3- One of the web I was going through gave an analysis mentioned below:

"Most of the IT occupations were also filled in the 2015-16 program year, and also faced higher minimum scores for an invitation for most of the year.

The news is somewhat mixed for IT professionals in the 2016-17 program year:

• Computer Network Professionals: ceiling reduced by 28% to 1,426 places. The minimum invitation score for this occupation was 60 for most of the 2015-16 year. We expect this minimum score to increase to above 60 for 2016-17."
So if point 1 is as I suppose it is, do you think the minimum score will be increased ?

4- I have also checked that the occupation I am planing to apply wont be flagged in SOL 2017-2018. i.e. 2631. (Not a question, just an information)

Now my questions is do you think after looking at the above analysis I should move to subclass 190 instead of 189 for better chances of getting a visa invitation soon ? Where I can gain 5 extra points for regional nomination.
Also if I apply under 189 now when I am 32 years old, and due to competition of points I do not suffice the point requirements even after being eligible, will it effect my EOI if I turn 33 in the meanwhile ? Will I still get 30 points in my EOI or the points will be changed ?

I hope I have explained my questions properly, in case of any ambiguity please feel free to ask.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. Yes. Check the historical trend of invitees against points in the below link
http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/skillselect-invitation-summary-2016-2017.41617/

2. In the state and territory nominations tab of DIBP website. However, only last month's data is available there. If you want to check old results, check below
http://www.migrationdesk.com/forums/skill-select-result.4/

3. So far, DIBP didn't ask occupation-wise minimum score. And in my opinion, that is not necessary as well because no matter what the minimum score is, they always invite a certain number of people in each occupation. That's why, even though minimum score as 60, invitees from high demand occupation like IT had minimum 65 points through out last year, most of the time. So, in my opinion, neither DIBP nor the applicants should bother what the minimum score is and will be, rather concentrate on what the minimum points are for the invitees in their skill group.

You can apply for both 189 and 190, whichever comes first. But please note that, extra 5 points is absolute bonus for everybody (no criteria), so like you, many have already thought that way. So in my opinion, having 65 in 190 does not drastically improve the chance, unlike if you can increase 5 points within 189. But of course you should try. That's why I always advise to submit 2 EOIs for both 189 and 190.

The points are being calculated on the day of invitation. So, whenever you will turn 33, your points will be automatically reduced in the system (you give your birthday in the EOI, so they know when you'll turn 33), you don't have to do anything.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Great, I guess I just got worried out of no good reason. I have checked the entire Skill select results from July 6th 2015 till now and this is the only invitation round(1st September) in which 60 points candidates were not invited. Moreover after checking those results, in my analysis this happens once in a year in case of subclass 189 that they do invite less applicants who claimed 60 points.

Two more questions:

1- I have been informed by a cousin of mine who has recently got her 190 for Adelaide and is flying on 6th of October this month that the polling is systematic and it picks via variations e.g highest first, then medium and then lowest, which means its a lucky bet, also for real the DIBP doesn't assign CO to every other EOI which is submitted. Logic presented that there might be thousands of irrelevant EOI's submissions.What is your opinion or expertise regarding "systematic polling & picking the applicants" ?
2- Do they lock the change in point option after the invite is being sent ? I mean if I am turning 33 in September 2017 and they invite me in January 2017, that does mean EOI has nothing to do with my points anymore and I just need to pay my visa fee to get my grant ? Is that correct ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. Ridiculous thought. Invitation is sent strictly by highest point (and by submission date for same points). There is no way a person with 60 points will be picked ahead of a person with 65 points in the same occupation. There is no lottery, no luck, it is purely point based. What happens that, the invitations are distributed over different skills, so it is common that some low demand occupations will have invitees with 60 points while some high demand occupations (like IT) stuck at 65 (in the same round), which might be the reason of this absurd idea, whoever started this. And the reason behind this inter-occupation difference is, if they don't consider occupation, it is possible that 20-30 high demand occupations (which have large number of applicants) will always take full 1400 odd quota.

2. Yes. I told you, your point is calculated and locked on the day of your invitation.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
So that makes me feel that if everything goes right with my assessment and EOI and I am putting my case in subclass 189 with 60 points for an occupation like (IT) which is high in demand, it will take some good amount of time to get me my visa invitation. Or maybe no time at all. Uncertainty is there.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

This is exactly what I planned to do after the last thread I wrote. Thank you for all your valuable suggestions I will keep on bothering you for any further queries.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

I do have another query, My husband has got 12 years of education i.e. NON-ICT and 2 certifications ( 6 months each ) from a local institute of computers. He's been working as an ICT network engineer since 2003 till now, while he completed his education along with those certifications in December 2004.

In your expertise, what do you think, will he be able to get his ACS assessment on the behalf of those certifications, if Yes, what possible points can he get ? or should he apply for RPL as well for Partner's Points in my EOI ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
In your expertise, what do you think, will he be able to get his ACS assessment on the behalf of those certifications, if Yes, what possible points can he get ? or should he apply for RPL as well for Partner's Points in my EOI ?

For claiming partner's point, he has to be assessed by ACS. Whether or not ACS will recognize his certifications depends on what kind of certificates he received from which organization. If it was from any unregistered center, I doubt if they will accept it.

Now, if I take he has no tertiary education (suppose his local certifictaes are not recognized by ACS ), he still can get assessment (with 8 yrs deduction, which will not be an issue) with RPL.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
For claiming partner's point, he has to be assessed by ACS. Whether or not ACS will recognize his certifications depends on what kind of certificates he received from which organization. If it was from any unregistered center, I doubt if they will accept it.

Now, if I take he has no tertiary education (suppose his local certifictaes are not recognized by ACS ), he still can get assessment (with 8 yrs deduction, which will not be an issue) with RPL.

The problem is, I am not sure if he should apply for an RPL or an assessment on the basis of his Diploma Certifications, the institute was registered but not very well known, also its closed now. So I am unable to decide for him.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, from what you are saying, he might need to go for RPL. You can try to email ACS for clarification, but most of the time they reply with some generic answer, so make sure you ask to the point.

As you can understand, without knowing the organization (as you said, unknown as well as closed, so no way to verify), it is not possible for anyone to comment with certainty. I tend to believe he will need an RPL, but again, I am not sure at all.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Well, from what you are saying, he might need to go for RPL. You can try to email ACS for clarification, but most of the time they reply with some generic answer, so make sure you ask to the point.

As you can understand, without knowing the organization (as you said, unknown as well as closed, so no way to verify), it is not possible for anyone to comment with certainty. I tend to believe he will need an RPL, but again, I am not sure at all.

True, RPL will be a better call for him, we can show his experience since 2003, for more chances to get a positive assessment results.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

Yet some more queries

1- Does DIBP emails/ calls for final verification before granting the visa ?
2- In what cases do they call ?
3- Do they call the main applicant ?
4- Do they call the recent employer of the main applicant ?
5- In case they call the applicant, what are the common queries ?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.