Points for Positive ACS Skills Assessment

Aadil Abbasi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Folks

I have received positive outcome from ACS RPL Assessment, but they deducted all my experience and did not recognized, my experience is eligible after Oct 2016, so I will not get points for that.

There assessment outcome as below:

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after October 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 05/02 - 07/04 (2yrs 2mths)
Position: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Employer: xyz
Dates: 08/06 - 02/09 (2yrs 6mths)

Position: SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Dates: 07/13 - 10/16 (3yrs 3mths)

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake"

I have done Bachelor of Science from Al-Khair University, AJK, Pakistan, from 2009-20013, ACS didn't recognized it.

Now, My agent says that, I am still eligible to get 60 points without going to VETASSESS Point Test Advise, his calculation is as below

30 Points for Age
10 points for IELTS 7.0
10 points 489 State Sponsorship
10 points for ACS RPL Positive/Qualification
Total 60

I have only doubt that my agent says that, I can get 10 points for education because I have positive skills assessment from ACS without going for Point Test Advise.

So what is your opinion guys? You reply will be highly appreciated

Regards

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Dear Folks

I have received positive outcome from ACS RPL Assessment, but they deducted all my experience and did not recognized, my experience is eligible after Oct 2016, so I will not get points for that.

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after October 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake"

I have done Bachelor of Science from Al-Khair University, AJK, Pakistan, from 2009-20013, ACS didn't recognized it.

Now, My agent says that, I am still eligible to get 60 points without going to VETASSESS Point Test Advise, his calculation is as below

30 Points for Age
10 points for IELTS 7.0
Total 60

I have only doubt that my agent says that, I can get 10 points for education because I have positive skills assessment from ACS without going for Point Test Advise.

Regards

Since you have copied your RPL assessment and there's nothing mentioned about getting your qualification assessed by any other relevant authority, hence your agent is right about what he said.

I have the similar case but with different occupation. So you do not need to get your education assessed at this point of time, until and unless your CO asks you to get it done.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Folks

ANZSCO Code.

30 Points for Age
10 points for IELTS 7.0
Total 60

Regards

You did not provide all information, so I am not sure base on what you said your bachelor was not recognized.

If none of your tertiary education was recognized, you would require at least 8 years experience (along with RPL) to meet suitability criteria.

As your total experience is less than 8 years, and you received a positive assessment, I think your degree was assessed (as a bachelor or diploma) as non-ICT (Bachelor of scinece does not clarify if it was ICT or non-ICT) and hence they deducted 6 years of experience to meet suitability criteria.

Aadil Abbasi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Since you have copied your RPL assessment and there's nothing mentioned about getting your qualification assessed by any other relevant authority, hence your agent is right about what he said.

I have the similar case but with different occupation. So you do not need to get your education assessed at this point of time, until and unless your CO asks you to get it done.

Thanks for you reply, are you sure about this, my education is from Pakistan, can you share details about your case, it may help me in my sit

Aadil Abbasi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
You did not provide all information, so I am not sure base on what you said your bachelor was not recognized.

If none of your tertiary education was recognized, you would require at least 8 years experience (along with RPL) to meet suitability criteria.

As your total experience is less than 8 years, and you received a positive assessment, I think your degree was assessed (as a bachelor or diploma) as non-ICT (Bachelor of science does not clarify if it was ICT or non-ICT) and hence they deducted 6 years of experience to meet suitability criteria.

I had 7 years and 10 months experience and they took all, they usually mention degree information even if they assess it as non-ICT degree, i have only doubt that can I claim 10 points for my degree in skillselct or not?

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I had 7 years and 10 months experience and they took all, they usually mention degree information even if they assess it as non-ICT degree, i have only doubt that can I claim 10 points for my degree in skillselct or not?

You must.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
What is your field of qualification?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.