Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Kindly I want to inquire, I lived in Dubai for 5 months and then came back to my home country. Would there be any possibility they might ask me to provide police check from Dubai??
Thank you

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Nope ... you need to provide police clearance from those countries where you lived more than 12 months (cumulatively).

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mystic river, hello. I am filling form 80 and came across the question of: have you ever had a visa refused. Well I never had;but my husband had a visit visa to Canada refused 2 years ago since as they said in our country we have low employment rates and since he has family in Canada (his sisters) they said he might not leave at the end of his stay. Will this be of negative effect to our application?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you have to mention whatever they asked, with reason. Should not be a major issue, because he didn't do anything illegal. Also in any case, you shouldn't hide such thing, they are very easy to track.

Just make sure they asked visa refusal history in any country (not only Australia) and for any reason (not for any specific reason).

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
I definitely will mention it. I was just wondering how much negativity it could bring to our application. Have you ever heard of someone being rejected because of this?

Would you kindly explain your second point? I did not get it
Thank you very much mystic river

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, I haven't heard any such case, also it is not logical to refuse based on the reason you mentioned. One thing I can assure is, the DIBP may delay the procedure, but never reject anything without any valid cause. And for your case, I don't think it will matter, just mention clearly the reason of visa denial in Canada.

For 2nd point, I actually asked to check the Form 80 if it asked for any Visa denial history or only Australian Visa denial cases. I haven't seen Form 80 for a long time, that's why I just asked, not that I meant anything.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Nope, I haven't heard any such case, also it is not logical to refuse based on the reason you mentioned. One thing I can assure is, the DIBP may delay the procedure, but never reject anything without any valid cause. And for your case, I don't think it will matter, just mention clearly the reason of visa denial in Canada.

For 2nd point, I actually asked to check the Form 80 if it asked for any Visa denial history or only Australian Visa denial cases. I haven't seen Form 80 for a long time, that's why I just asked, not that I meant anything.

Ok great, i will mention all clearly.
Actually both forms 80 and 1221 inquire about visa refusal issues
Form 80: Part N Visa refusals - Have you ever been refused a visa to any country?
Form 1221: Have you ever had a visa refused or cancelled by, been refused entry to, or been deported from any country?

I am thinking of filling form 80 for me and my husband, and form 1221 for myself only. is is correct?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So it's pretty clear, yup just answer what they asked.

I think both Form 80 and Form 1221 are required for all applicants. But don't worry, your case officer will give you a comprehensive check list. Also if you miss anything, they will ask you again, and no negative impact for that as well, as long as you can provide ultimately :).

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
So it's pretty clear, yup just answer what they asked.

I think both Form 80 and Form 1221 are required for all applicants. But don't worry, your case officer will give you a comprehensive check list. Also if you miss anything, they will ask you again, and no negative impact for that as well, as long as you can provide ultimately :).
Ok great :)
in Form 1221 there is this question: Are you fully funding your trip? In my form 1221, i will definitely write Yes. for my husband what should I write in case I am funding all the trip. and do they ask for savings statement of account? and if they do is there any minimum amount required?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Actually Form 1221 is a general form for getting Australian Visa (not for PR only, any kind of Visa). So this question mainly targets short visa/tourist visa. For PR, it doesn't matter much. You can write whatever is true. No issue. It is unlikely that they will ask to show some bank balance to support your claim, in case of PR.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Actually Form 1221 is a general form for getting Australian Visa (not for PR only, any kind of Visa). So this question mainly targets short visa/tourist visa. For PR, it doesn't matter much. You can write whatever is true. No issue. It is unlikely that they will ask to show some bank balance to support your claim, in case of PR.
Ok I get, thank you very much mysticrive. I seriously can not thank you enough.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.