2016-06-17
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-15
Grant
2017-11-06
I think somewhere in one of the thread Mystic mentioned that this is no longer necessarily to travel before IED and you can send email to [email protected] to get the letter which states that you can travel after the IED date and still you are allowed to travel and your visa will not be canceled.

@Trapme

Thanks for the information, i do understand and went through the link which Mystic has pasted however i am sure you understand that till i have an official / Legal go ahead on the same its difficult.

However i have sent a mail to the above mentioned Email ID as well, however are you aware in general how much time do they take to respond to such queries. As its already been over a week now i have been waiting.

Trapme

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2016-12-21
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-30
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2017-01-18
CO
2017-02-13
PCC
2017-02-01
HC
2017-03-22
Grant
2017-07-26
IED
2017-09-20
@Trapme

Thanks for the information, i do understand and went through the link which Mystic has pasted however i am sure you understand that till i have an official / Legal go ahead on the same its difficult.

However i have sent a mail to the above mentioned Email ID as well, however are you aware in general how much time do they take to respond to such queries. As its already been over a week now i have been waiting.
they are pretty quick and respond in one or 2 days.

MSA
2016-12-21
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-30
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2017-01-18
CO
2017-02-13
PCC
2017-02-01
HC
2017-03-22
Grant
2017-07-26
IED
2017-09-20

watchsachin

Wanderer
SC
Point
EOI
2017-01-27
Inv.
2017-03-04
Grant
2017-09-06
@all - who have query about IED extension. In grant letter there will be IED. Right an email to skilled support, with reasonable reasons why you cant meet it. They will provide you with the facilitation letter (the link which mystic river has quoted) are the ones i received. Take a print out of them and keep it with you when you travel along with the grant letter. P.S - if anyone is worried,my IED have already passed and i haven't gone to Australia. Will go at an opportune time after planning.

Neel

Wanderer
MSA
2016-06-17
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-15
Grant
2017-11-06
they are pretty quick and respond in one or 2 days.

Hi People.

It is very unfortunate that i have not heard any reply on my request to extend the IED, i have been sending them mails on daily bases and not heard from them till now. i hope the Email ID's i am using are correct '[email protected]'; '[email protected]' i have been sending mail on both these Email ID however all i get is an automated revert "This automatic response is confirmation that we have received your email. " However nothing substantial.

I am really not sure what shall i do now, my IED is 26th Dec 2017 and there is no revert from them. Honestly my wife cannot fly at all, and if i dont get any revert i would need to buy tickets at the last hour and they are coming 4x expensive which will just be a waste of money cause i will again have to come back.

Can someone suggest me anything more that i can do to get them to respond ASAP.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am almost certain that you won't have any issue because 1) as said earlier, though nothing on their website, DIBP told at least 2 applicants that IED is not important for PR, 2) You have a valid reason of not travelling.

Still, you can just give them a call if you want to be sure about it. DIBP's efficiency reduces visibly nowadays, so I am not surprised that you haven't heard back from them.

Trapme

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2016-12-21
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-30
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2017-01-18
CO
2017-02-13
PCC
2017-02-01
HC
2017-03-22
Grant
2017-07-26
IED
2017-09-20
Hi People.

It is very unfortunate that i have not heard any reply on my request to extend the IED, i have been sending them mails on daily bases and not heard from them till now. i hope the Email ID's i am using are correct '[email protected]'; '[email protected]' i have been sending mail on both these Email ID however all i get is an automated revert "This automatic response is confirmation that we have received your email. " However nothing substantial.

I am really not sure what shall i do now, my IED is 26th Dec 2017 and there is no revert from them. Honestly my wife cannot fly at all, and if i dont get any revert i would need to buy tickets at the last hour and they are coming 4x expensive which will just be a waste of money cause i will again have to come back.

Can someone suggest me anything more that i can do to get them to respond ASAP.
Calling them would be another option, I am not sure why they are not replying but usually i always received a response in 2-3 days from the skilled support mail id. GSM, i never received so focus on the skilled support one.

Reactions: Neel
MSA
2016-12-21
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-08-30
Inv.
2016-12-21
App.
2017-01-18
CO
2017-02-13
PCC
2017-02-01
HC
2017-03-22
Grant
2017-07-26
IED
2017-09-20
@Zoe, @Trapme , @MysticRiver

I have a very similar Situation here at hand, i & my wife got our Visa Grant on 6th Nov 2017 and the IED is given as 26th Dec 2017. Now the thing is that my wife is 6 Months pregnant with Twins, and she is not is a state medically where she is comfortable to travel immediately even if it is to comply by visiting for a week before the IED.

We had done our EOI on 15th Dec 2016 and PCC verification was done on 27th Dec 2016 and Medical Assessment was done on 24th Dec 2016.

We had hired a consultant who sent a mail to [email protected] on Fri, Nov 10, 2017 providing all the medical documents and doctor certificate showing her unfit to fly. However we have not heard anything back from them until now, and time is running and IED is approaching very fast.

I even tried calling 131 881 contact number mentioned on http://www.border.gov.au however i always 100+ in queue and am unable to connect with them.

Can someone please help me if you got any support on the same, @Zoe can you please help if you have any update in such similar situation, who to approach and get this done immediately as the IED is only a month ahead.

My Visa Grant Letter states the below details and gives no clause as mention in the post about 8504, as a matter a fact i dont even know what is visa condition 8504. If someone can please help me understand:

https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/7-things-to-do-first.58/page-2#post-57256

VISA GRANT NOTICE
Neel Karan SONDHI
Application details
Date of visa application : 15 December 2016
Transaction reference number (TRN) : XXXXXXXXXXX
Application ID : XXXXXXXXXXX
File number : XXXXXXXXXXX

Applicant Details
Applicant Type Main Applicant
Applicant Name : Neel Karan SONDHI
Date of Birth : XXXXXXXXXXX
Client ID : XXXXXXXXXXX
Grant Details
Visa Class Skilled Independent (Permanent) (class SI)
Visa Subclass Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)
Visa Grant Number : XXXXXXXXXXX
Visa Grant Date 06 November 2017
Travel Document Number : XXXXXXXXXXX
Travel Document Country : XXXXXXXXXXX
Must Make First Entry to
Australia Before
26 December 2017
Must Not Arrive After 06 November 2022
Stay Period Indefinite from the date of each arrival
Travel Facility Multiple
Visa Conditions : NIL

Yours sincerely
Sally
Position Number: 60017833
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
06 November 2017

The next page reads very generic : Visa Grant Fact Sheet
I just recieved waiver of IED for the same reason today.
I auggest to send the same requeat to [email protected]
[email protected]

I am almost certain that you won't have any issue because 1) as said earlier, though nothing on their website, DIBP told at least 2 applicants that IED is not important for PR, 2) You have a valid reason of not travelling.

Still, you can just give them a call if you want to be sure about it. DIBP's efficiency reduces visibly nowadays, so I am not surprised that you haven't heard back from them.
I suggest to send again on skilled.support since in the facilitation letter i recieved same email is mentioned for any further queries.
Regards

Neel

Wanderer
MSA
2016-06-17
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-15
Grant
2017-11-06
Hi All,

I had finally got the revert from Skilled Support <[email protected]> after 20 days of writing to them for the extension on IED, for everyone benefit i am pasting the exact letter and documents provided by Skilled Support. Just like someone in the forum had put that they got 2 letter same in my case. However they have put one clause with it :

***************************************************************************************
Children born outside of Australia
Please be aware that for a child born outside of Australia (where neither parent is an Australian citizen) you will need to apply for and be granted a visa for that child prior to your travel to Australia. For more information about applicable visas please refer to the department’s website
***************************************************************************************
COVER LETTER

Dear *****,

Thank you for your email, and for the emails your client has sent.

Please find attached a facilitation letter which will facilitate your client’s entry into Australia after the Initial Entry Date expiry. You should retain a copy of this letter, and I have forwarded it to your clients as well as they may require it when making their travel arrangements, when boarding their flights or on arrival in Australia.

Please draw your clients attention to the specific clause titled “Children Born outside of Australia”, copied below with regard to the impending birth of the clients twin children.

Please be aware that for a child born outside of Australia (where neither parent is an Australian citizen) you will need to apply for and be granted a visa for that child prior to your travel to Australia. For more information about applicable visas please refer to the department’s website

Regards,

Gavin Position 4168
Skilled Support Officer – Skilled Support – General Skilled Migration Program Section
Economic and Skilled Visa Program Branch – Visa and Citizenship Management Division
Visa and Citizenship Services Group
Email: [email protected]

ATTACHMENT 1

Primary Visa Holder: ***********************
Visa: Class Skilled - Independent (Web) (SI 189)

NOTIFICATION REGARDING TRAVEL IN BREACH OF VISA CONDITION 8504

Dear ***********,
I am writing with reference to the Class Skilled - Independent (Web) (SI 189) visa(s), granted on 06/11/2017, and which included the following visa condition:
8504 The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the condition applies before a date specified by the Minister.
This condition required that an initial entry into Australia by each visa holder be made before 26/12/2017.
Recently this department received correspondence advising that the following visa holder(s) may not comply with this condition by entering Australia within the prescribed timeframe.
• Primary Applicant
• Secondary Applicant

While failure to comply with visa conditions may render a visa liable for cancellation under the Migration Act 1958 I am writing to advise that the department has decided not to cancel the relevant visa(s).
General Skilled Migration has no objection to the visa holder(s) travelling to and entering Australia while they continue to hold a Class Skilled - Independent (Web) (SI 189) visa.
The expiry date of the visa(s) is: 06/11/2022
If your General Skilled Migration visa has ceased for any reason then you cannot use this notice to enter Australia as the holder of that visa.

See: www.border.gov.au

Travelling to Australia
This notice should be sufficient evidence for a travel provider to be satisfied that the visa holder can enter Australia as the holder of a General Skilled Migration visa.
You should retain a copy of this letter as you may require it when making your travel arrangements, when boarding your flight(s) or on arrival in Australia.
Please note that some delays may be encountered upon arrival into Australia while visa validity is verified.
If you require any further assistance regarding this matter please email [email protected]

Yours sincerely
Gavin
Position number 4188
Skilled Support Officer, General Skilled Migration Service Delivery and Support Section
Permanent Visa & Citizenship Programme Branch | Visa & Citizenship Management Division
Visa & Citizenship Services Group

ATTACHMENT 2

NOTICE TO GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION VISA HOLDERS ABOUT TRAVELLING IN BREACH OF THEIR VISA’S INITIAL ENTRY DATE

The grant of your General Skilled Migration visa included the following visa condition:
8504 The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the condition applies before a date specified by the Minister.
This condition requires that an initial entry into Australia by each visa holder be made before the date specified in the “Visa Grant Notice” provided to you when your visa was granted.
General Skilled Migration is aware that you and/or your family members who were granted a visa as part of your application may not comply with this condition.
Failure to comply with visa conditions can render a visa liable for cancellation under the Migration Act 1958 and visa holders are encouraged to make their first entry by the initial entry date.
General Skilled Migration; however; has no objection to visa holders travelling to Australia in breach of condition 8504 and will not seek to cancel a visa where the only reason for doing so would be the breach of this condition.

Visa Validity Period
This notice can only be used during the period for which you hold a valid visa. Information about your visa validity period is also contained in the “Visa Grant Notice”.
If your General Skilled Migration visa has ceased for any reason then you cannot use this notice to enter Australia as the holder of this visa.

Please be aware that for a child born outside of Australia (where neither parent is an Australian citizen) you will need to apply for; and be granted; a visa for that child prior to your travel to Australia. For more information about applicable visas please refer to the department’s website. See: www.border.gov.au

Travelling to Australia
This notice should be sufficient evidence for a travel provider to be satisfied that the visa holder can enter Australia as the holder of a General Skilled Migration visa.
Visa holder(s) may wish to carry a copy of this notice to present to the airline when checking in at the airport and on arrival into Australia.
Please note that some delays may be encountered upon arrival into Australia while visa validity is verified.
If you require any further assistance please email [email protected]
General Skilled Migration

Neel

Wanderer
MSA
2016-06-17
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-15
Grant
2017-11-06
I have a doubt on the clause that has been added along :

I really dont understand this clause does this mean.

1. I cannot travel till the child is granted visa.
2. I need to apply for Visa for the child born.
3. I can travel once i have applied for the visa for child.
4. I can travel anytime however when the child is born i must apply for there visa for them to migrate.

Can someone please help me understand this better or has anyone come across this clause.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I can travel anytime however when the child is born i must apply for there visa for them to migrate.
I believe this because a child cannot be added to the existing visa once granted and need to apply for a separate child visa (101) to migrate.

Neel

Wanderer
MSA
2016-06-17
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-15
Grant
2017-11-06
I believe this because a child cannot be added to the existing visa once granted and need to apply for a separate child visa (101) to migrate.

@MysticRiver i understand what you are mentioning, that i need to apply for child visa separate, however does this have any condition on my travel to Australia.

As you read the clause :

Please be aware that for a child born outside of Australia (where neither parent is an Australian citizen) you will need to apply for and be granted a visa for that child prior to your travel to Australia. For more information about applicable visas please refer to the department’s website.

I am confused that does this mean i cannot travel till the time the child are separably granted Visa, or i can travel however for the child i need to apply for a separate visa which is obvious.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I believe they refer to your travel with yout newborn child. I see no reason to have any impact on your travel.

Many thanks Rakshanda for your advice.
Hello, happy new year to MysticRiver, Trapme and Rakshanda and many thanks for everyone's help. I just sent out my request for IED extension. Wondering when can I expect response from the department? Any idea? Also I sent the request to [email protected] via my personal email rather than through immiaccount, is this okay? Many thanks for people's attention!!!

Zoe

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
@MysticRiver i understand what you are mentioning, that i need to apply for child visa separate, however does this have any condition on my travel to Australia.

As you read the clause :

Please be aware that for a child born outside of Australia (where neither parent is an Australian citizen) you will need to apply for and be granted a visa for that child prior to your travel to Australia. For more information about applicable visas please refer to the department’s website.

I am confused that does this mean i cannot travel till the time the child are separably granted Visa, or i can travel however for the child i need to apply for a separate visa which is obvious.
Happy new year to you! Just saw your post as I was off line for a bit. I have done some research into it. Here is my conclusion for you to consider. Also, thanks for sharing your letter - very helpful. I just sent out my request to the department. First of all, I would say don't over-read the message on the child clause. I think it only means - your new born need some sort of visa to enter the border because they dont automatically have their PR status. There are two type of visa for child - 802 (on shore) or 101 (off shore). 101 (off shore) - application has to be made outside Australia and when it get approval the child has to be outside the country. I have heard many cases where parent bring child in on visitor visa 600 and request their case office to give their notice prior to visa approval so that they can take the child outside the country to valid the visa. 802 (on shore) - travel in on either ETA or 600 visitor visa depending on your nationality, then make application after arrival to Australia and wait for visa decision inside the country, during the waiting interval there will be bridge visa. Also once u receive acknowledgement letter of the visa being received then your kids should be entitled to Medicare. Both case would be good to keep Australia immigration department informed so that all act are comply with rule. This is what I have read online not my own experience. Hope can help.

Zoe

Calling them would be another option, I am not sure why they are not replying but usually i always received a response in 2-3 days from the skilled support mail id. GSM, i never received so focus on the skilled support one.
Trapme/MysticRiver,

I want to email the immigration department to seek advice on whether I am allowed to travel with ETA (the newborn will be on ETA) while I am holding 189 visa. After we enter the border, I will apply 802 onshore child visa for my new born. The challenge I can see is ETA is a form of tourist visa but not for residence purpose. I could see the possibility of entry denial because of that although there are other people have done this before with no problem. I don't know if it worth purchasing a return flight ticket upon entering Australia border.

Any idea where I can send email to? Should I email the case officer who approved our 189 visa or [email protected]? Many thanks for your help. Also what number can I call to make such enqury?

Zoe

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Should I email the case officer who approved our 189 visa or [email protected]? Many thanks for your help. Also what number can I call to make such enqury?
The first option is more logical, but you can put the second address in the CC.

Neel

Wanderer
MSA
2016-06-17
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-12-15
Grant
2017-11-06
Happy new year to you! Just saw your post as I was off line for a bit. I have done some research into it. Here is my conclusion for you to consider. Also, thanks for sharing your letter - very helpful. I just sent out my request to the department. First of all, I would say don't over-read the message on the child clause. I think it only means - your new born need some sort of visa to enter the border because they dont automatically have their PR status. There are two type of visa for child - 802 (on shore) or 101 (off shore). 101 (off shore) - application has to be made outside Australia and when it get approval the child has to be outside the country. I have heard many cases where parent bring child in on visitor visa 600 and request their case office to give their notice prior to visa approval so that they can take the child outside the country to valid the visa. 802 (on shore) - travel in on either ETA or 600 visitor visa depending on your nationality, then make application after arrival to Australia and wait for visa decision inside the country, during the waiting interval there will be bridge visa. Also once u receive acknowledgement letter of the visa being received then your kids should be entitled to Medicare. Both case would be good to keep Australia immigration department informed so that all act are comply with rule. This is what I have read online not my own experience. Hope can help.

Zoe
Hi Zoe

Wish you a very Happy New Year. Thanks for such details description, apparently your research is exactly what the CO from skilled support has suggested. I am pasting the mail which i have received from them which will be the exact answer to the queries and clarify the clause : Children born outside of Australia. Hope it benefits all in similar situation as me.

*********************************************************************************************************

Dear Mr **********,

Thank you for your email. You and your wife are permitted to travel either together or individually on your SI 189 visas at any time prior to 06/11/2022. You do not need to wait until the child is born to travel, you are permitted to travel at any time as noted previously.

As per the clause mentioned below, you must apply for and be granted a visa for the child prior to travel to Australia. You and your wife would of course travel on your PR visa, along with facilitation letter. You may apply for a tourist visa for your child to travel while the child visa is being processed, however you need to be aware of the conditions relevant to that visa in regard to length of stay etc.

A migration agent may be able to provide specific advice for your scenario.

Regards,

Gavin Position 4168
Skilled Support Officer – Skilled Support – General Skilled Migration Program Section
Economic and Skilled Visa Program Branch – Visa and Citizenship Management Division
Visa and Citizenship Services Group
Department of Home Affairs
Email: [email protected]

*********************************************************************************************************

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.