Processing time for 189 New Zealand stream

Hi,

I have a question, my partner is kiwi and she is going to apply for the 189 visa. In this situation, I am going to be added to the visa as her partner, it is fairly straightforward to prove our relationship, since we have been living together for over 3 years now, we have a mortgage together, and etc.
My question is, do we need to write a Statutory declaration? Did any of you guys, who has applied for the visa with a partner, have to write this Statutory declaration?

Many thanks.

Karan316

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,

I have a question, my partner is kiwi and she is going to apply for the 189 visa. In this situation, I am going to be added to the visa as her partner, it is fairly straightforward to prove our relationship, since we have been living together for over 3 years now, we have a mortgage together, and etc.
My question is, do we need to write a Statutory declaration? Did any of you guys, who has applied for the visa with a partner, have to write this Statutory declaration?

Many thanks.
Hey don't worry about statutory declaration. Just attach your morgage papers, photos, utility bills etc . It should be fine.

Hey mate are you allowed to apply again were there no condition attached to it? And are all the applicants NZ citizens?,
The case manager refused due to low income ( one of the 4 years required) was the ONLY reason under the legislation. And she wrote you can apply another application and it will be on its own merits.
Hope this helps to your answer your question

Hi,

My partner has requested her passport records(international movement records) from the immigration to prove she has been in Australia since feb 2016. However, it has been over 30 days she requested, and nothing, she did not received any confirmation email nor any reference number.
Has anyone requested this document in order to prove you have been here since 2016? If so, how long did it take? Did you receive any confirmation email or reference number?
Many thanks

Hi,

My partner has requested her passport records(international movement records) from the immigration to prove she has been in Australia since feb 2016. However, it has been over 30 days she requested, and nothing, she did not received any confirmation email nor any reference number.
Has anyone requested this document in order to prove you have been here since 2016? If so, how long did it take? Did you receive any confirmation email or reference number?
Many thanks
I just checked. We didn't get any confirmation or reference number. My request in early 2019 took about 3 weeks. My partner's in mid 2020 took less than a week.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can either withdraw now, or immediately after your 189 is approved. I don't think it will be withdrawn automatically.

Karan316

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Has anyone had their visa granted recently? Our application is sitting on Further Assessment and is right between the 15 and 16 months the global processing times are saying at the moment. Trust our application to be in the 25% that takes longer!
When did you apply ? How long after did they first contact you ? Any complications with your application?

Applied in July last year (just under 16 months ago). All applicants in Aus at the moment. No real complications other than we had a child at the end of last year so have added them on to the application (and completed their medical). Had an S56 for new police clearances in mid July this year which we completed within a couple of weeks but nothing since then.
When did you apply ? How long after did they first contact you ? Any complications with your application?

Blodne

Wanderer
SC
189 (NZ)
App.
2019-10-26
PCC
2019-09-30
HC
2019-10-24
Grant
2021-03-07
Hey guys, received VAC2 request for my Dad & Stepmum's application this morning.
Paid immediately via paypal, grant letters received 50 minutes after VAC2 request!

This is a long thread with lots of replies. For better visibility and response, consider posting in a new thread unless your topic is closely related to the subject of this thread.
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.