• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Purpose of submitting secondary employment evidences

Neoq

Wanderer
Timeline missing
What is the purpose of submitting employment evidence other than the employer's reference?
In a case where an employer/employee has not paid tax on the salary earned by the employee, and was paid by cash in hand and the employee can only provide evidence such as a salary letter from employer accounts dept. and a bank statement of the same amount cash deposit, would that suffice to prove a paid employment episode? without the tax proof as no tax was paid in the first place.

So in a nutshell what is DIBP looking for? evidence that the employment was paid? or that it was legal? (through tax payment or such). And what happens if the former is true but later is false? Could this become a showstopper?

Thanks for your valuable insights!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
All the required documents are on best effort basis. DIBP normally acts fair, and if you can explain that why you couldn't manage a certain documents, they most probably would accept.

On the question why they need this, the reason is there are hundreds of fraudulent cases where people just make an false experience letter from any friends or false company. It will be really hard and time consuming for DIBP to contact each of the employer (even if they contact, how they can just verify the validity of some company over phone). So it'll require lots of time, cost and efforts if they start verifying each individual working experience.

Now you can argue that, even with all those documents (experience letter, payslips, bank accounts etc.), they can also be forged. But at least, the more document they ask, the tougher it becomes for the dishonest persons, and they must have assessed the risk and find some intermediate measures so that they don't have to spend enormous assets, as well as the risk of fraudulent activity minimizes.

DSL

Wanderer
MSA
2017-04-22
Skill
SC
Point
75/80
EOI
2017-10-02
Hi Everyone,

I am going to submit my taxation notice but in Indonesian taxation notice, it does not give you the breakdowns of your income. Rather, they have one lump sum called "cash earnings" and it has my income from my work + other incomes such as term deposits, etc. Hence, the amount will be much higher as compared to what I earn.

Do you think that will be okay for DIBP?

Best,

David

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.