• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Queries regarding 189 visa after invitation

Dr Asad Qamar

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi everyone. I got invitation to apply 189 visa on 7th December 2016 in category of Medical administrator. I have applied online application and now waiting for document checklist. I have some queries.
1. I will be 40 in April 2017 so would it decrease my points from 65 to 55? or age factor is considered at time invitation only?
2. I'm living in saudi arabia and Pakistani National. should I get my documents notarized from notary or only colored scan copies of original enought and if need notary then which documents need to be notarized ?
3. form 80 and form 1221 should be filled by pen as its written on page 1 "use pen " or I can type on computer and then print out and sign last page and upload scanned copy ?
4. I have one friend and one relative in Australia whose details I will add but what to write in question. 31, 32 and 33 of form 80?
5. what to write in question 40 of form 1221 as I don't know American of employer and it's address as I don't have job there in australia.
6. what is deadline of landing Australia after granting visa?
Thank you and need your expert opinion

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I will be 40 in April 2017 so would it decrease my points from 65 to 55? or age factor is considered at time invitation only?

Points are calculated at the time of invitation, and get locked that time. So you don't need to worry about your age (or other point contributors) after invitation.

I'm living in saudi arabia and Pakistani National. should I get my documents notarized from notary or only colored scan copies of original enought and if need notary then which documents need to be notarized ?

For DIBP, only the colored scan is enough unless asked specifically. In few cases I heard some CO asked for scan of certified (notarized) copy. I would start with providing only the originals, and then if asked, do the certification.

form 80 and form 1221 should be filled by pen as its written on page 1 "use pen " or I can type on computer and then print out and sign last page and upload scanned copy ?

You can type-print-sign-scan.

I have one friend and one relative in Australia whose details I will add but what to write in question. 31, 32 and 33 of form 80?
If you are not sure where you'll stay (which is true for most of the applicants), just check NO in 31 and jump to part J. You don't have to stay with your relatives, neither the answer will have any impact on your visa decision.

5. what to write in question 40 of form 1221 as I don't know American of employer and it's address as I don't have job there in australia.

You can select YES and keep the details fields blank, as they ask "if you organized your employment".

what is deadline of landing Australia after granting visa?

It depends case to case. Most of the time, it is 6-12 months for your first entry (you can just come for one day and leave, and then come back later within 5 years). But in some extreme cases, I have seen they gave 1 week for the first entry.

Dr Asad Qamar

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you very much Admin. I must appreciate your prompt response. You have clarified many queries. I am really thankful to you. Jut further to clarify that first entry is counted from the date of visa grant NOT from the date of medical?? As i heard that first entry within one year is counted from date of medical and PCC.
Secondly They gave me deadline for 5th Feb of 2017 in invitation. It means I will have to upload all documents plus PCC and Medicals before this date?? Am I right? I am wondering because I have to take PCC from two counteries Saudi Arabia and Pakistan which might take further time.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Jut further to clarify that first entry is counted from the date of visa grant NOT from the date of medical?? As i heard that first entry within one year is counted from date of medical and PCC.

The time they will give you will be from your visa grant date. Internally, they might calculated the date based on your HC or PC validity, but that's for their internal use. For example, let say your HC expires after 1 year, and DIBP internally decides that you have to enter before that. Now, if you get your grant 7 months after your HC, DIBP will give you 5 months for your first entry . So, the time you will be given will always be counted from your grant date.

I have seen a case where the grant was given after 1.5 years of the medical, and the first entry time line was given 1 week.

Secondly They gave me deadline for 5th Feb of 2017 in invitation. It means I will have to upload all documents plus PCC and Medicals before this date??

The 60 days deadline given at the time of invitation is the deadline to submit your application (by paying visa fees), not submitting any documents. After you submit your application, you will be assigned a Case Officer within 1-5 weeks, and then he'll give you a document checklist and a deadline (normally 1 month) to submit your documents. Please note that, if you want, you can submit your document just after submitting your application without waiting your CO, in that case there is a possibility that you'll be granted a visa without any CO assigned, if DIBP is satisfied with your documents.

Shivani

Timeline missing
I applied for eoi 4 months back in india and working for an employer A. I received the invitation for 189 visa appllication last week and my 60 day window has started. I am now travelling to australia on 457 visa to work for a new employer from next week. My queries are:

1) Should i apply for my visa application while I am in India or once i enter Australia on 457. Also since my employer and country will change from india to australia now, there will be mismatch in information in EOI and visa application- will that be a problem?
2) If i have applied eoi at offshore and visa application at onshore- will ineligible for bridging visa?
3) its written everywhere that you cant change your info in eoi once you receive the invite, and you can change it after you have applied...but what if there are changes during this 60 day period window?? I do not want to create mismatch of info in my application and EOI. Please suggest.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1) In terms of processing, it won't matter from where you apply as long as you update DIBP of any change of circumstances. However, I am a bit confused if an offshore applicant needs to be offshore (onshore be in onshore) at the point of visa grant, you might want to check that a bit.

About mismatched information, there is nothing mismatched, just change of circumstances and there is an official process to update DIBP about any such change. Hence, that will be no issue at all.

2) I guess so.

3) That should not be an issue. Just submit your visa application with current information. If you do so, your EOI was correct at the point you received your invitation (when your EOI gets locked), and so will your application. This is the correct procedure.

As long as you didn't over-claim any point in your EOI, you should be quite fine.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you over claimed points in your EOI, you have to withdraw your application to avoid prospective visa refusal. There is no way to amend your EOI as you have already received your invitation based on your claimed points.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/can-i-withdraw-my-visa-application

DIBP said:
Can I withdraw my visa application?
You can withdraw the application by advising us in writing at any time before we make a decision about your application. This can be done by letter, email or completing Form 1446 - Withdrawal of a visa application. Your letter of withdrawal should include your full name, date of birth, date of application, and file reference number/transaction record number (if known).

Everyone included in the application who is 18 years of age or older must sign the form or letter of withdrawal.

If you applied online you can attach Form 1446 to your application. Information on attaching documents to an online application is available.

Note: Removing the application from your ImmiAccount does not withdraw the application.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.