Query on filling 189 Visa application

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,

I have got few queries which aroused while i was filling the 17 pages long 189 Visa application.

1) Contact Details page:
My address in passport is my permanent address, which is different from my current residence address due to my work.

Please tell me if i can fill the page as below:
Option 1
Residence address - Address what i have in passport City A
Postal Address - My current residence address from City B
or
Option 2
Residence address - Address what i have in passport City A
Postal Address - Address what i have in passport City A

In either case where should i apply for my PCC?

2) Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

I am married, but at this moment i am applying Visa 189 only for me. I am the only applicant.
So i believe my answer to the above question should be 'No' ... Please confirm.

Regards,
Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1) Both residential and postal addresses can be different from your passport permanent address. Your residential address should be where you are residing right now (for long term), and your postal address is where you prefer to have your documents delivered, if any. So, it doesn't matter, just shouldn't be any short term address (e.g. where you are staying for few weeks or months for any temporary assignment). Also any time you change your address in future, you can (actually have to) email your case officer with new address so that they can update your file.

Your police clearance certificate does not depend on your address, you have to get that from all the countries where you have stayed more than 12 months, cumulatively.

2) If your partner is not Australian citizen or permanent resident, then logically and theoretically it should be yes. One catch is, you have to submit health examination for all the non-travelling dependent members as well. Check the link below

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...ion-to-lodge-a-skilled-visa.41399/#post-41808

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Mystic,

Thanks a ton for such a detailed reply. For point 2, though i am married, my spouse is not migrating along with me to Australia.
She is a Indian and will stay in India only, as she has got a job here. Still you want me to answer this question as 'YES'. And i have to submit the medical test results of her too?

Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you put Yes, you have to submit medical clearance for her.

If she has no future plan to move to Australia, you can just declare her independent and put No. In that case you won't have to submit anything for her. But I am not aware of any such scenario so far, so you may just email DIBP for clarification.

If she doesn't have any near future plan to migrate, but eventually there is chance that she'll go, I recommend you to put Yes so that you can refer your original application (that you have already declared about her) whenever your wife decide to move.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You have to provide both PCC and HC for her...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Just to clarify, you are required to put Yes if you have any non-migrating dependent. So, if you want to put No, you better check with DIBP whether you can declare your wife independent.

The whole idea behind this non-migrating member is, normally the dependents tend to move in the long run. So DIBP wants to check for dependents as well. Hence I am not sure if they allow your wife to be declared as independent.

Moreover, logically in that case it'll be more difficult to get PR for her in future.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
All right , anyways its a big deal to get the PCC and medicals, I will select YES for this question, and submit these two docs. I guess that will make it simple.
Anyways i would like to thank you Mystic. Your response was real swift and pretty useful.

I am not sure if can use the same thread , but i have got another question on uploading docs.

I have all my necesasry docs got notaried by a layer here while i was submitting them for ACS in Dec 2014.
Except my Passport and current work experience all the other docs remain the same with no changes at all. Can i submit the same docs for this Visa purpose?
or do i need to get them signed by a Layer again? Anyways for my Passport & letter from the current company i will get signed by a Layer.

Please advice how to proceed on this.

Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need to notary (sign by lawyer) any of your document on visa application purpose (including your new passport and letter from the current company), unless your case officer specifically asked. You will only require to notary documents which you don't have the original copy for some reason. Otherwise, you always will submit the scan copy of original document.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,
Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?

As i have already told you , i am the only applicant in this visa application. But my wife who is not part of this application has stayed in a country for few months apart from India. So do i need to provide here details? or as i am not including her in this application, i should simply select No to the above question.

Please let me know.

Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Applicant means those who are included in your application, so your wife is not an applicant.

So, answer of this question should be No.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,
I have submitted the Application and made the payment of 3600AUD.
Under the documents list it shows like this:
Person 1 Primiary:
Character, Evidence of/PCC ---> I guess i have to get this once the CO is allocated
Medical ---> I guess i have to get this once the CO is allocated
Education details ----> I will upload the color scans for my Seconday/higher/Graduation
Aus Education Details ----> I believe i can ignore this as i dont have any
Work Expereince -----> Got a work reference letter from my Current company saying working from to till date with Role and Resposibilities, so will upload that
Aus Work Details ----> I believe i can ignore this as i dont have any
Date of birth -----> Have got the original copy from the local govt body
Skills Assessment ----> Will submit the letter from ACS
Travel Doc ----> I have got two passport Old/New , do i need to upload both? Do i need to scan each and every page of these two travel docs?

Person 2 I think this one popped up as i have selected Yes for Non Migrating dependant question.
Character, Evidence of/PCC ---> I guess i have to get this once the CO is allocated
Health, Evidence of/Medical ---> I guess i have to get this once the CO is allocated
Form 1221 Additional personal particulars form ---> Do i need to fill this at all for Non -Migrating person? Or the CO will take a call on this?

Please do the needful by proving your valuable responses.

Regards,
Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For you (primary applicant): you have to provide your payslips, bank statements to prove your experience as most of the time only experience certificates don't satisfy them. Regarding passport, only information pages of the current one is enough unless they specifically ask for more. However you have to provide details of all passports in Form 80 (you need to fill up this form as well).

For dependent, you can start filling up form 1221 and submit if your CO asks for it. You will receive a comprehensive list of required documents from your CO. The general list you are seeing now contains some unnecessary documents most of the time.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,

A CO has been allocated for my application and i am uploading all the docs. As part of the process i have the below query:

I do have a Non Migrating dependent (my Spouse) in my Visa application, and she stayed for more than 90 days in Singapore, Dubai and U.S.A in the last 10 years. Do i need to get the PCC for her from all the 3 countries also in addition to India. She is currently living in India since 2010.

Please let me know at the earliest so that i will approach the respective organization of the above countries to the PCC.

Regards,
Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Last time I checked, PCC is required from those countries where the person stayed more than 12 months, cumulatively.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
ACS has approved only my work experince from Aug 2010 from Company A, and till date i am working with the same company, But in form 80 i have been asked to provide all the companies i have worked with in last 10 years and i did the same.

But under the work exp documents to be attached do i need to provide only for Company A , or all the details of my prior company B also?

Can you please advice on this one.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For the moment it is enough to submit documents only for the part you claimed points for. Later if your CO asked (unlikely), you can provide the rests.

A quick question...since ACS assessment skill met date was coming in between my tenure at one employer..in EOI i had to split my employment for this company to make one entry relevant to job code and one not relevant (so that I don't over claim the points). In visa application you need to mention last 10 years of , do i need to follow the same format or a single entry would do ?

ACS skill assessment met date Aug 2011
Entry 1:
Employer X
Jan 2010 to Aug 2011 - Not relevant
Entry 2
Employer X (same as above)
Sep 2011 to Feb 2013

Appreciate your inputs...?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
In visa application you need to mention last 10 years of , do i need to follow the same format or a single entry would do ?
I don't remember VISA application asks for relevancy of your experience. If it does, just split it into two, like you did in EOI, otherwise, one entry is enough.

Shruti

Wanderer
MSA
2017-05-30
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-30
Inv.
2017-06-06
Last time I checked, PCC is required from those countries where the person stayed more than 12 months, cumulatively.
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding the question "Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?"
1. I was sent by my company to the US on a J1 (training visa) and I stayed there from May 4, 2013- April 25, 2014 (less than a year). Do I answer yes to the question above? Would this entail a PCC from the US?
2. Also, since then I have travelled to several other countries such as China, vietnam, thailand, taiwan for mostly periods of a few months at a time for work. Do these also need to be included?
In none of these countries have I stayed more than 12 months.
Would I require PCC from any of these countries if I answer yes to the above question?

Thanks!

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.