• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

VIC Query regarding deferring my semester

jaspal29

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Everyone

My situation is that I was granted student visa in March 2020 but due to travel ban I was not able to come to Australia. Since then, I have been attending online classes from my home country. Now, I want to defer my second semester as I don't want to attend online class any more. My question is that what if my university accept my deferral request, will it have any implications on my visa. Do I need to re-apply of COE and visa??
Please guide.

Latetfermal

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Everyone

My situation is that I was granted student visa in March 2020 but due to travel ban I was not able to come to Australia. Since then, I have been attending online classes from my home country. Now, I want to defer my second semester as I don't want to attend online class any more. My question is that what if my university accept my deferral request, will it have any implications on my visa. Do I need to re-apply of COE and visa??
Please guide.
Not 100% sure, but you do not need to re-apply for a COE if you will be doing the same course once you restart your classes. As far as your visa is concerned, you will have to extend it if the new end date of your degree is after the expiry date of your current visa.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.