• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Question on Visa 186 with direct entry

Auflo

Timeline missing
Hello,

I am new on this forum and I am looking for some info to apply for the visa 186 as an ICT Business Analyst (code 26111 through ACS), which is on both SOL and CSOL, but the qualification and skills assessment through ACS (Australian Computer Society) is still unclear to me.

Some information regarding my background:

My diplomas:
- French Bachelor (BBA Hons, 4 years of study) from 2006 to 2010 with courses related to ICT but not enough to have a major or a minor on this field (around 10% only). This also includes 1 year of study in UK (with a diploma from that university).
- Master in Management from 2010 to 2012 (no ICT courses).

Professional experience:
- Between 2007 and 2011 (internships during my studies): 19 months in various companies but not as an ICT Business Analyst.
- From 2012: 5 years experience as an ICT Business Analyst where I started to work 6 months before my master graduation (internship) and therefore 4 years and 6 months after my master graduation (full time employee). My responsibilities completely matches the skills ACS asks for this job.

I assume that I do not have enough ICT courses in my diplomas to get a positive qualification assessment. Therefore, I was also thinking about filling in an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) to increase my chances (please correct me if I am wrong).

In addition to that, there are also few things that are not very clear to me:
- For a skills/qualification assessment with ACS through an RPL (as No sufficient ICT in my diplomas), how many years of experience do I need to get a positive assessment to apply for visa 186?
- On their website, they are talking about a "skill level requirement date". According to my background (described previously), what would this date be? And therefore, how many years of experience will be considered in total for the assessment?
- What do you think about my chances to get a positive assessment? If they are low, why?

If you've already been through that process or have some information about it, could you please kindly share them with me?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Audrey

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.