Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hi Marcos,

I too am planning for second assessment under 261314 code. My previous assessment is under 261313. Both job roles are pretty similar.
While applying for a new assessment, iIsee all information i provided in my previous assessment is pre-filled. However, Iwant to change one job description. But I don't see an option to remove the previous attachment and add another. Can u help me on this?
I believe @MysticRiver has already replied to this on your other post

Saurabhbond

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Experts,

I am planning to reassess myself from 2611 to 2613 seeing the dearth of invites and low ceiling of 2611. Two questions

(1). Should I link my new application to the old one as there is an option to do so? Would it invalidate my old assessment?
(2). Should I apply fresh application and not link it to old one as I will add some rnr points technical in nature which I earlier missed since I applied for business analyst?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Should I link my new application to the old one as there is an option to do so? Would it invalidate my old assessment?
I am not entirely sure about the first question, but it won't invalidate anything if you do so.

ACS said:
I NOW HAVE MORE THAN ONE VALID RESULT LETTER. WILL THE NEW ONE RECEIVED AFFECT MY PREVIOUS RESULT?
Holding more than one suitable assessment outcome will not invalidate any of the previous result letters provided they are still within the 24-month validity period.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hi Experts,

I am planning to reassess myself from 2611 to 2613 seeing the dearth of invites and low ceiling of 2611. Two questions

(1). Should I link my new application to the old one as there is an option to do so? Would it invalidate my old assessment?
(2). Should I apply fresh application and not link it to old one as I will add some rnr points technical in nature which I earlier missed since I applied for business analyst?
Your applications will be linked as a result of (presumably) matching personal information.
When you log in to ACS, you get the following message:

New Application
Please select this option for submitting a new migration skills application. Your new application will be linked to your previous assessments which will include all your personal details and documentation for your convenience.

Saurabhbond

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Three things.

In my first assessment in Mar 2018 in 2611 I mistakenly entered my degree completion date as degree convocation date and not last term exam month. Now I want to change it. Can it be done ? If so how?

Second. I want to change my category from 2611 to 2613, Can I upload new RNR with same experience lines as experience dates cannot be edited.

Third: I worked 22 hours a week during my MBA. Now, ACS doesnt allow me to remove any qualification. Since I worked in the same duration, should I create new login to start my reassessment in 2613 in which I can show this experience. Previously, I didnt show this experience as I thought 22 hours/week is not considered full time.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
In my first assessment in Mar 2018 in 2611 I mistakenly entered my degree completion date as degree convocation date and not last term exam month. Now I want to change it. Can it be done ? If so how?
I don't think it would make a massive difference - assuming completion date is when you finish and were advised of result(?) and convocation date is when you get the certificate(?).
Judging by your post, i assume you received a positive Skill Assessment - if there were any errors you should have highlighted within 60 days I think.

Second. I want to change my category from 2611 to 2613, Can I upload new RNR with same experience lines as experience dates cannot be edited.

Changing your ANZSO code is effectively submitting a new application for Skill Assessment. As the R&R required for these 2 different codes are unlikely to be the same submitting exactly the same info is (in my opinion) unlikely to result in an immediate positive assessment

Third: I worked 22 hours a week during my MBA. Now, ACS doesnt allow me to remove any qualification. Since I worked in the same duration, should I create new login to start my reassessment in 2613 in which I can show this experience. Previously, I didnt show this experience as I thought 22 hours/week is not considered full time.

ACS link information you have provided to ensure they maintain a single candidate record. This is common sense, and a reasonable approach to fraud reduction. I don't understand why you feel you cannot add both work experience evidence and qualification evidence for the same time period - I did a masters degree part time while working full time and recorded both with no issues.
As for not knowing that ACS considers anything over 20h/week as full time - well first rule is always read the guidance...its there to help

Saurabhbond

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks for quick revert.

Yes I have received assessment. My exam completion is May 2009. However, Oct 2009 was the convocation date which I mistakenly mentioned. I understand that any corrections has to be highlighted in 60 day period which is why I have posted here. What can be done now? As I have experience in that period which I was unable to show earlier as I was finding it difficult to get the letters from the employer. At that time I didnt care much as it was not adding to my experience points. However not it is adding.

Please suggest.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Thanks for quick revert.

Yes I have received assessment. My exam completion is May 2009. However, Oct 2009 was the convocation date which I mistakenly mentioned. I understand that any corrections has to be highlighted in 60 day period which is why I have posted here. What can be done now? As I have experience in that period which I was unable to show earlier as I was finding it difficult to get the letters from the employer. At that time I didnt care much as it was not adding to my experience points. However not it is adding.

Please suggest.
I dont see why you need to do anything. However if you are really concerned, write a letter explaining the difference in dates and upload with your new application.
Submit your relevant documents and evidence for a new skill assessment and wait for the outcome.

Saurabhbond

Wanderer
Timeline missing
As I understand you didnt understood what I was saying. ACS clearly says that work experience post qualification only will be assessed. Since the qualification assessed here is Btech and completion date is Oct 2009.

In my last assessment I didnt uploaded my expererience from Jun 2009 till Dec 2009 since I was finding it difficult from employer to get the RNR letter. However, now I am getting the same. So now if I upload the the experience ACS wont consider experience before Oct 2009 as valid.

Hope you got my query!

Saurabhbond

Wanderer
Timeline missing
And the doubt regarding parallel education and experience comes from the below FAQ
1539406994110.png

How ACS validates whether the experience was a requirement of the qualification or not?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As I understand you didnt understood what I was saying. ACS clearly says that work experience post qualification only will be assessed. Since the qualification assessed here is Btech and completion date is Oct 2009.

In my last assessment I didnt uploaded my expererience from Jun 2009 till Dec 2009 since I was finding it difficult from employer to get the RNR letter. However, now I am getting the same. So now if I upload the the experience ACS wont consider experience before Oct 2009 as valid.

Hope you got my query!
You need to talk to ACS to see what they can offer to correct this mistake.

How ACS validates whether the experience was a requirement of the qualification or not?
It means had you not worked at that time, would it affect your qualification/degree directly? For example, in many places, a fixed term employment/internship is a requirement for getting an MBA, you can't pass unless you fulfill that. Those kinds of experience/internship can't be considered as your professional experience as that's part of your qualification.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how they arrive at a decision whether the experience that a person provided was to complete the qualification.
Maybe, you have that experience mentioned in your transcript as a part of your degree?

Inprogress

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Got a revert from ACS regarding education and work experience in parallel. Not sure how they arrive at a decision whether the experience that a person provided was to complete the qualification.

View attachment 2652
Hi , just curious to know if you lodged for formal acs skills assessment?
I would liek to understand how acs is treatibg this kind of reassessment applications with change in dates/ change in documentation of previous assessment. Pls reply...

Krisha

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,

I want to apply under 261313 software engineer. My title is software tester but job responsibilities are of engineer only. I didn’t know i can apply for engineer also irrespective of title if duties match. So i got ref letter with tester resoonsibilities from office and uploaded it on acs(didn’t submit though). Now i have a new letter with engineer responsibilities but acs is not letting me delete old letter. Is it okay to ask them to disregard old tester letter and consider the latest engineer one?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You need to contact ACS if you want to delete the old one. It's worth a try.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
They might, if it's reasonable. Lots of people have there experience letter changed. As long as the change is not overwhelming, you should be fine.

Krisha

Wanderer
Timeline missing
They might, if it's reasonable. Lots of people have there experience letter changed. As long as the change is not overwhelming, you should be fine.

They replied that they can’t delete the old one. If there is a new one, please upload but old can’t be deleted. So now I am thinking of bifocating responsibilities as per title and include s/w engineer ones instead of tester ones and apply in 261313. Would that cause any problem?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.