Reassessment of ACS (ICT 2611 to 2613)

Timeline missing
Hi Mystic,

Well, I don't wanna to punish myself with wrong things I've made in the past, but I think I paid the price to assess myself (without enough/little experience) with ACS earlier this year.

I chose to assess ANZSCO code ICT 261112 (Systems Analyst) and did not realise it was under pro-rata basis for 2015/2016 fiscal year. I could have assessed my occupation as ICT 261313 (System Engineer), which is still under pro-rata but less people waiting for invites (both 189 and 190).

I was wondering if I could perform and ask a reassessment (new one because 60 days from the initial one has been gone) with ACS in order to change my current valid ICT 2611 skill assessment to ICT 2613 is possible. If that makes sense and increases my chances, just in case any negative results comes from the new assessment, woud it void my previous valid one?

Moreover, I'm not sure if both skill assessment results would be valid to be used later.

I'm aware I would need to pay a new fresh skill assessment, but my major concern is about having the new one not being correctly validated and worsen, voiding my currently/valid one.

If you have any thoughts about this please I'd be glad to know your opinion.

I should have read carefully, researched a bit more and asked before taking any action with ACS assessment. Anyway, I learned from my own mistake.

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Timeline missing
Thanks Mystic.

I've applied and submitted a 2nd ACS application to be assessed, asking now for 261313 (Software Engineer). My performed duties as System Analyst and Software Engineer are closer and similar, so I think I should have no problem. Anyway, I uploaded a new letter (actually, an updated version of the original Reference Letter) saying that my last designated function was Software Engineer. Also, updated a few duties and responsibilities with more technical approach.

I wasn't able to remove the original letter I submitted for 2611 (System Analyst). I don't think I will have any issue by having 2 uploaded letters (original one- stating System Analyst's roles and the new one- stating Software Engineer's roles), won't I?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to tell, depend on assessors thinking. Just in case, be prepared with proper reasoning (that why your job description changes in new letter) if they ask. I hope the job description in the new letter did not change totally from the original one.

Timeline missing
Hard to tell, depend on assessors thinking. Just in case, be prepared with proper reasoning (that why your job description changes in new letter) if they ask. I hope the job description in the new letter did not change totally from the original one.

That's my exactly thought either. Yes, I'll be prepared.
By my perception, the 2 letters are very similar, I just emphasized a bit more my technical responsibilities such as testing, debugging and integration tasks.
I let you guys know when I receive any news.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
that kind of modifications should be fine ... yup please let us know the update.

Timeline missing
I got my new assessment successfully done. ACS recognized my previous experience suitable also for Software Eng 261313. I've submitted a new EOI (both 189 and 190 NSW) for this occupation already!
Mystic, can I keep my original EOI (for Systems Analyst)? Now I have 3 EOI's.The remaining one is 190 Victoria for System Analyst. Or do you think best to withdraw or suspend the one (189 , 190 NSW) for System Analyst?
Anyway, I'm still waiting Vic's response.
Well, I think my chances to be invited by Aug/16 are increased now!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is no problem keeping as many EOI as you want if the information is updated and you don't accept invitation from multiple EOI. Now, though not certain, but I think your old ACS assessment is not valid anymore, being replaced by the new one. If that is the case, you can't keep the original EOI as the information is not correct anymore.

You can ask ACS if both assessment are still valid, but I highly doubt that is the case.

Timeline missing
Thanks Mystic for your post. I had checked with ACS before and yes both assessements are valid.
This is the ACS reply:

"Please be advised you can lodge a new application to change anzsco or attach additional documents, but previous application is valid for 24 months."

Now I have two different numbers but the old one is still valid. :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh really? That's great. You must have submitted a new assessment application then because the link I provided above mentions the old assessment will become invalid (if I remember correctly). I think the difference is he applied for reassessment of old one I guess.

Timeline missing
Mystic,

Even linking with an earlier application (the way I did, but also similar such as the link you provided me), the ACS system linked (previous docs, references, etc) but it created a new application for the "new" assessment... If I log into ACS system, I can see both entries now (but using two different id's which is each application nbr), I hope you guys can understand my brief explanation.
The difference could be just in case of a re-assessment for a same occupation (review).

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm .. interesting .. reading the other link, I had opposite feeling.

This is a good info you are sharing, should be useful for people who want to reassess.

EveSky92

Timeline missing
Dear Mystic,

My apologies if I'm not posting in the correct thread as I'm new to this forum. Posting it here as this post is abit related. Can you please kindly help me with my queries below:

I had a positive assessment for 261112 (Systems Analyst) on Jan 2017. But I'm looking forward to go for re-assessment as 261313 (Software Engineer).

Below are my queries:

1) Should I use the same ACS account which I had used for earlier assessment to apply for this new assessment so that my previous uploaded documents can be linked to the new assessment? Or should I just create a new account for the new assessment?

2) Will there be any concern from ACS if I use the same employment reference letters which was used for earlier assessment while applying for the new assessment? The JD in the letters make reference to tasks related to both the occupations though.

3) Incase the re-assessment is not successful, will my old assessment become void or will it still be valid?

Many thanks for your replies in advance.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. I don't think that will impact your outcome.
2. If JD matches, that should be okay. As a matter of fact, if you suddenly change JD for the same occupation, that will rather create some suspicion.
3. The old one will still be valid within the validity period.

Will1985

Timeline missing
Dear Mystic,

My apologies if I'm not posting in the correct thread as I'm new to this forum. Posting it here as this post is abit related. Can you please kindly help me with my queries below:

I had a positive assessment for 261112 (Systems Analyst) on Jan 2017. But I'm looking forward to go for re-assessment as 261313 (Software Engineer).

Below are my queries:

1) Should I use the same ACS account which I had used for earlier assessment to apply for this new assessment so that my previous uploaded documents can be linked to the new assessment? Or should I just create a new account for the new assessment?

2) Will there be any concern from ACS if I use the same employment reference letters which was used for earlier assessment while applying for the new assessment? The JD in the letters make reference to tasks related to both the occupations though.

3) Incase the re-assessment is not successful, will my old assessment become void or will it still be valid?

Many thanks for your replies in advance.

Hello EveSky92,

I see you recently got a positive ACS assessment for 261112.
I received an negative answer from ACS regarding my work experience for this same ANZSCO Code - it was considered as "not relevant".
I am willing to try another assessment inputing more details on activities performed, which are related to 261112 code. Would you be able to provide me (could be in private message) the activities / duties you described in the employment reference letter, which were considered as relevant, therefore elegible for claiming points ?
I understand that the activities must be described based on ACS's description of Systems Analyst duties, however I would like to see a real example of employment reference which was accepted.
I trully appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Hmm .. interesting .. reading the other link, I had opposite feeling.

This is a good info you are sharing, should be useful for people who want to reassess.
@MysticRiver I got my acs result from Feb 2006-Feb 2008 I was working as software tester and computer programmer but company did not issue me letter of that they issue my letter of system analyst becuase in my saudi ID we have work profession now acs did not count that experience so what shall I do now in that case shall I ask a new letter with employer and ask for a new letter with software tester / programmer designation and shall I apply for new assesment.

@MysticRiver I got my acs result from Feb 2006-Feb 2008 I was working as software Engineer and computer programmer but company did not issue me letter of that they issue my letter of system analyst becuase in my saudi ID we have work profession now acs did not count that experience so what shall I do now in that case shall I ask a new letter with employer and ask for a new letter with software Eng / programmer designation and shall I apply for new assesment.
I asked same question on 13 april 2017from you this is the problem in my letter u said as far JD matches no prb but acs did not count that experience at all

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.