• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Reassessment with different degree

S

shabarankss

Well, ACS can only decide, all you can do is to make your reference letter as relevant as you can with proper choice of words.
Hi Admin,

I just completed my masters degree in I.T in Australia in November 2016. I have 5 years of work experience prior to my masters. Can I apply for Acs assessment with my Australian masters degree without the need to complete a professional year or 1 year of post Australian work experience?

I have previously assessed with my bachelor in I.T completed overseas and got a positive assessment, but it was equivalent to an Australian associate degree.

Your candid advice will be appreciated.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can do that, but you won't be able to claim any points for your experience, as the points can only be claimed for your post qualification experience (the qualification that is used in your assessment). So,if you assess based on your overseas degree, you might loose points on education (as yours was assessed as associated degree), on the other hand if you assess based on your masters, you might get full 15 points for education but loose points on experience.

S

shabarankss

You can do that, but you won't be able to claim any points for your experience, as the points can only be claimed for your post qualification experience (the qualification that is used in your assessment). So,if you assess based on your overseas degree, you might loose points on education (as yours was assessed as associated degree), on the other hand if you assess based on your masters, you might get full 15 points for education but loose points on experience.
Thanks a lot for your swift response. I Guess I would rather claim the full 15 points, but that would put me on 60point at the moment for Analyst programmer.

Do you have an idea of the waiting time for 189 for an Analyst programmer on 60points? Or if I go for 190, what's the waiting time to get an invitation from NSW? If you have better suggestions I would really appreciate. Thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It is very tough to comment on waiting time, the reason is in the below post

http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/when-ill-get-the-invitation-any-chance-how-long-it-takes.41749/

However, if you meant ICT Business and Systems Analysts(2611), it might be a long wait for an invitation as the current minimum (that got an invitation in last rounds) is 65 points with visa date of effect on April 2016

http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/skillselect-invitation-11th-round-result-23rd-november-2016.41755/

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thanks a lot for your swift response. I Guess I would rather claim the full 15 points, but that would put me on 60point at the moment for Analyst programmer.

Do you have an idea of the waiting time for 189 for an Analyst programmer on 60points? Or if I go for 190, what's the waiting time to get an invitation from NSW? If you have better suggestions I would really appreciate. Thanks!
@shabaranks I would suggest you to go for both and apply for both 189 and 190, which ever invites you first.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.