VIC Received VIC 190 Pre Invite with incorrect points

Nisal90

Timeline missing
Hi,

I am a registered nurse working in Melbourne.
I got my invitation to apply for VIC state nomination in March 2022.
However when I rechecked my EOI I realised that I had claimed points 5 extra points for work experience.To clarify this my last 10 month work experience is clear since I worked as a RN in a hospital, however my 2 months before that I worked as an Assistant in Nursing which apparently does not count as "closely related occupation".Hence my 1 year work experience claim is incorrect.

So when I submitted my 190 nomination application I had claimed 85 points without the nomination points which make it 90 in total.
But due to the error I should only have 80 points with out the 5 points I get for the nomination.

So If I change the EOI now and reduce the points since I have not yet received the the nomination is that OK?

I heard that you CAN NOT change the EOI if you get the final invite from SKILL SELECT.

Any thoughts would be great.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that you CAN NOT change the EOI if you get the final invite from SKILL SELECT.
That's right, you cannot modify EOI after you get an invitation from SkillSelect (which is different from State nomination, and comes later).

Unless you already received SkillSelect invitation, you can modify your EOI at this point. But I am worried about the extra claim you made to the state, that made your nomination sort of invalid in my opinion.

Mr_T

Wanderer
MSA
2022-04-29
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2022-08-24
Inv.
2022-10-06
App.
2022-11-01
PCC
2022-10-18
HC
2022-10-27
That's right, you cannot modify EOI after you get an invitation from SkillSelect (which is different from State nomination, and comes later).

Unless you already received SkillSelect invitation, you can modify your EOI at this point. But I am worried about the extra claim you made to the state, that made your nomination sort of invalid in my opinion.

What if 5 points are reduced due to age after nomination but before invitation? Like at the time of state nomination you are still 32 but when the invitation is issued you are 33.

Also, for state nominations, is it similar to invitations where states want you to prove claims points claimed as valid on the date of nomination?

MSA
2022-04-29
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2022-08-24
Inv.
2022-10-06
App.
2022-11-01
PCC
2022-10-18
HC
2022-10-27

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I always wonder what would happen if someone looses some points between nomination and invitation. Never really got a clear answer to that.

bunnyhops

Timeline missing
Hi,

However when I rechecked my EOI I realised that I had claimed points 5 extra points for work experience.To clarify this my last 10 month work experience is clear since I worked as a RN in a hospital, however my 2 months before that I worked as an Assistant in Nursing which apparently does not count as "closely related occupation".Hence my 1 year work experience claim is incorrect.

So when I submitted my 190 nomination application I had claimed 85 points without the nomination points which make it 90 in total.
But due to the error I should only have 80 points with out the 5 points I get for the nomination.

So If I change the EOI now and reduce the points since I have not yet received the the nomination is that OK?

Hi,

May I ask what happened in the end? I am in a similar situation in NSW where I have just received an invitation for 190 but now realise that they only count work experience after the Skills Assessment date, resulting in 5 fewer points than I thought. What happened to your applicaiton were you able to accept or rectify this?

Thank you so much

Mansi92

Timeline missing

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I have got the pre-invite with extra 5 points claim but not the invitation. I have updated my EOI so do I withdraw my ROI or wait for the state to assess it (before giving me the invitation) as I have already updated my EOI and reduced the points?

Mansi92

Timeline missing
Hi,

Hi, I am in a similar situation. What did you do about this?

Hi,

How did you go about the situation Nisal? Did you reduce your points in the EOI? or did you submit a new roi? If you reduced your points in the EOI, did the VIC state contact you regarding this? have you got your nomination? Sorry for asking too many questions but your answers will clarify many things to those in the same boat!

I received Pre Invite on Oct 3 2022.
ACS expired Oct 01 2022.
ACS renewal applied on Aug 24 2022. No job change and expected outcome in another 2 to 3 weeks.
Pre-invite nomination deadline - Oct 17 2022.
EOI expiring Nov 03 2022.

Questions :
1. Pre-invite arrived after Skill assessment expired . Is that ok ?
2. Can i update my current EOI once new ACS comes and then file for nomination application ?
3. Till when my EOI has to be active - until nomination is approved or skill select invite or visa lodging (Paying fee) ?
4. If i dont get new ACS by Pre-invite deadline - Should i let this opportunity go ?

I received Pre Invite on Oct 3 2022.
ACS expired Oct 01 2022.
ACS renewal applied on Aug 24 2022. No job change and expected outcome in another 2 to 3 weeks.
Pre-invite nomination deadline - Oct 17 2022.
EOI expiring Nov 03 2022.

Questions :
1. Pre-invite arrived after Skill assessment expired . Is that ok ?
2. Can i update my current EOI once new ACS comes and then file for nomination application ?
3. Till when my EOI has to be active - until nomination is approved or skill select invite or visa lodging (Paying fee) ?
4. If i dont get new ACS by Pre-invite deadline - Should i let this opportunity go ?
i am also in the same situation, what did you do?