Guide Regards to regional points

Nagarjuna

Timeline missing
Hi,
I have completed my masters in USQ (Toowoomba) which is regional area of Australia and I have lived in Newcastle, while I'm studying. (Recently Newcastle has been added into regional Australia). Can I claim 5 points for the regional study and living.

Thank you
NAGARJUNA

tharun

Regular
Timeline missing
Hi,
I have completed my masters in USQ (Toowoomba) which is regional area of Australia and I have lived in Newcastle, while I'm studying. (Recently Newcastle has been added into regional Australia). Can I claim 5 points for the regional study and living.

Thank you
NAGARJUNA

Hi, in general yes you can claim regional study points as u lived and studied in regional Australia.

Can you add some more details to your post like which Newcastle you are referring (NSW one or QLD one)? Thanks.

Nagarjuna

Timeline missing
Ok, you can claim points as regulations states that you need to live and study in a regional area but if it is a distance education then you can't claim points.

Thank you so much for your response Tharun.
I have completed 15 subjects are on campus and 1 subject in online.
Actually I got invitation for 189 earlier this year (waiting for the decision) and also got invitation for SUB Class 491 NSW ( haven't lodged application yet).
I have claimed 5 regional points for 189. But I didn't claimed any points for regional study for 491.

Can you please suggest me what is best for me.

Thank you

tharun

Regular
Timeline missing
Thank you so much for your response Tharun.
I have completed 15 subjects are on campus and 1 subject in online.
Actually I got invitation for 189 earlier this year (waiting for the decision) and also got invitation for SUB Class 491 NSW ( haven't lodged application yet).
I have claimed 5 regional points for 189. But I didn't claimed any points for regional study for 491.

Can you please suggest me what is best for me.

Thank you

Congratulations on getting invited for both SC 189 & 491... don't apply for SC 491 as you already applied for SC 189, your claim for regional study will be accepted.

If there is any issue co will contact for some details like bank statements/utility bills during your study to confirm that you lived in regional area.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.