2018-05-16
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-06-19
I am an 6 years experienced candidate ,who is applied for CDR assesment FOR AUSTRALIAN PR, meanwhile i have got my admission in much awaited university in australia,which i was waiting for past 3 years can i apply for a student visa also when my PR is in process. i have not lodged eoi yet

My migration agent is saying yes you can .Considering the past experience and bachelors degree which i hold ,is he saying the truth.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can, there is no rule prohibiting you to do that. However, there is a chance that DIBP rejects your student visa application on the ground that you are applying for a student visa just to enter Australia. I have seen a case where student visa was rejected due to a past PR rejection (the difference is, you don't have a PR rejection).

However, just submitting EOI is not going to be an issue.

ravirad

Wanderer
MSA
2018-05-16
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-06-19
You can, there is no rule prohibiting you to do that. However, there is a chance that DIBP rejects your student visa application on the ground that you are applying for a student visa just to enter Australia. I have seen a case where student visa was rejected due to a past PR rejection (the difference is, you don't have a PR rejection).

However, just submitting EOI is not going to be an issue.

@mystic river
Thanks ,I Just had a word with the education consultants after the post they are saying that the student visa application itself has a coloum saying that it will ask "have you applied for any other visa other than student visa" ,here if i write yes for Australian PR they might reject my visa my consultant is saying. they are located in UAE

How can i react on it ,still i feel bit confused.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
How can i react on it
If you apply PR before you apply your student visa, you have to answer truthfully as there is no point and way of hiding.

For rest, all I have to say is mentioned in my previous post, now it's your decision.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.