2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
The information in this thread contains complete knowledge of RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for those potential candidate who have NON-ICT Bachelors/Masters degree and 10 or more years of experience in their relevant occupation as shown in the table below:

Summary-of-Criteria-2014.jpg

The table above explains:

1- If you have a NON-ICT Diploma or a Higher Degree e.g Bachelors OR Masters (B.A, B.Com, M.A, M.Com, MBA etc) but you have been working as an ICT Professional in last past 10 or more years, then you can apply for an RPL assessment and you might get a positive skill assessment. In this scenario 6 years will be deducted out of your total years of experience.

Example:
You are a Master Degree Holder in Art i.e. M.A which was granted to you in 2016, yet you have been working as an ICT Professional since 2001. You hold 16 years of ICT Professional experience and a NON-ICT Masters Degree. Out of those 16 years of professional years, 6 years will be deducted, since you do not have an ICT Degree or Diploma. So your total number of experience will be 10 years, that makes you eligible for applying and hoping for a positive RPL Assessment.

2- In case you do not have any education so far and you have been working as an ICT professional from 2001 till 2016, 8 years of total 16 years will be deducted from your total number of experienced years.

Now coming how to apply for an RPL?

Step 1:

You need to make sure about your occupation and choose the best fit, there are several occupations which can be assessed via RPL from ACS. All of them are mentioned below:

S.NO OCCUPATION ANZOCODE ASSESSING BODY
1 ICT business Analyst 261111 ACS
2 Systems Analyst 261112 ACS
3 Analyst Programmer 261311 ACS
4 Developer Programmer 261312 ACS
5 Software Engineer 261313 ACS
6 Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111 ACS

Step 2:

After choosing the best fit, you need to download two files from the given links below:

1- ACS Recognition of Prior Learning Form - (MS Word) - to be completed as part of a Recognition of Prior Learning Application only
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/file/0006/9537/ACS-Project-Report-Form-2014.docx

2- ACS Key Area of Knowledge CBOK
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/5969/Key-Areas-of-Knowledge.pdf

Step 3:

Now go through the ACS Key Area of Knowledge (CBOK) and read it over for complete understanding of how to fill in the Project Report form for RPL, afterwards, go through the Project Report Form which you downloaded from the first link. You need to complete the entire form. Make sure do not copy anything from web, or from someone else's Report which already was sent to ACS for assessment. This might get you in trouble and your assessment can be refused because of this.

Setp 4:

After completing the RPL project report form as per your chosen occupation, go to

https://ibs.acs.org.au/VWGSkillsApplication/SkillsApplication.wgx

Fill in all the necessary documents and pay the fees, wait till you get a reply on your given email address.

Regards

@Rakshanda

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice and informative post @Rakshanda .. Thank you so much. I am moving it to Information & Processes and make the post sticky for its importance.

Suren

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Admin/@Rakshanda,

I have few queries on RPL project report. Can you please clarify the below points.

1. In "ICT Key Areas of Knowledge", I have selected two points/sub-points and explained in my language and some places used google text help. - Is it okay?
2. Each project report is around 5-6 pages - Is it okay?
3. Is there any declaration or signed required at the end of each report? Because I saw in ACS template specified "The applicant confirms that the explanation of their knowledge and project reports submitted in this application truthfully and accurately describe the applicant and the applicant’s personal involvement in the projects."

Please advice.
Thanks in advance...Suren

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi @Suren

1- The RPL should be in English, I do not know what do you mean by "my language" ? If by that you mean your own words, than its OK.
2- Should suffice.
3- Not required. Submitting the RPL means you are verifying that.

Do not copy anything from anywhere!

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thanks Rakshanda,

Yes, I mean that in my own words. But I used some of the content from google to explain software methodology section.

If those are just definitions, then its fine. Since the definitions are universal and cannot be changed. Do not copy any content or exact lines. You can take the idea/theme and write in your words though.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi SMK,

as mentioned in this post, we don't have affiliation with any agent/consultant. So, we can't advise you about that thing. You are, however, welcome to ask any question here in the forum whenever you face any issue.

I am not sure if any member has such knowledge, you can wait for a response from other members from their personal experience, but formally and officially from migrationdesk.com, we don't endorse any agent.

laks

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi i am looking for help RPL application , recently i got reply from ACS to submit RPL application, i have non-ICT diploma with 13 + Year exp

I am confused selecting the project from my exp , due to following sentence from RPL form
Please note: You are required to provide two project reports.
Of the two reports, one must pertain to a project undertaken within the last three years, and the other for a project within the last five years.

Please advice me , if write project report from past 5 five year time frame, shall get claims remaining exp ?

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi i am looking for help RPL application , recently i got reply from ACS to submit RPL application, i have non-ICT diploma with 13 + Year exp

I am confused selecting the project from my exp , due to following sentence from RPL form
Of the two reports, one must pertain to a project undertaken within the last three years, and the other for a project within the last five years.

Please advice me , if write project report from past 5 five year time frame, shall get claims remaining exp ?

I have attached two RPL samples here, you can take generic help from those forms as per your occupation. Try not to copy anything. That might cause trouble for you.

And the answer to your question is "Yes"

rga

Wanderer
Timeline missing
The information in this thread contains complete knowledge of RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for those potential candidate who have NON-ICT Bachelors/Masters degree and 10 or more years of experience in their relevant occupation as shown in the table below:

View attachment 648
The table above explains:

1- If you have a NON-ICT Diploma or a Higher Degree e.g Bachelors OR Masters (B.A, B.Com, M.A, M.Com, MBA etc) but you have been working as an ICT Professional in last past 10 or more years, then you can apply for an RPL assessment and you might get a positive skill assessment. In this scenario 6 years will be deducted out of your total years of experience.

Example:
You are a Master Degree Holder in Art i.e. M.A which was granted to you in 2016, yet you have been working as an ICT Professional since 2001. You hold 16 years of ICT Professional experience and a NON-ICT Masters Degree. Out of those 16 years of professional years, 6 years will be deducted, since you do not have an ICT Degree or Diploma. So your total number of experience will be 10 years, that makes you eligible for applying and hoping for a positive RPL Assessment.

2- In case you do not have any education so far and you have been working as an ICT professional from 2001 till 2016, 8 years of total 16 years will be deducted from your total number of experienced years.

Now coming how to apply for an RPL?

Step 1:

You need to make sure about your occupation and choose the best fit, there are several occupations which can be assessed via RPL from ACS. All of them are mentioned below:

S.NO OCCUPATION ANZOCODE ASSESSING BODY
1 ICT business Analyst 261111 ACS
2 Systems Analyst 261112 ACS
3 Analyst Programmer 261311 ACS
4 Developer Programmer 261312 ACS
5 Software Engineer 261313 ACS
6 Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111 ACS

Step 2:

After choosing the best fit, you need to download two files from the given links below:

1- ACS Recognition of Prior Learning Form - (MS Word) - to be completed as part of a Recognition of Prior Learning Application only
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/file/0006/9537/ACS-Project-Report-Form-2014.docx

2- ACS Key Area of Knowledge CBOK
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/5969/Key-Areas-of-Knowledge.pdf

Step 3:

Now go through the ACS Key Area of Knowledge (CBOK) and read it over for complete understanding of how to fill in the Project Report form for RPL, afterwards, go through the Project Report Form which you downloaded from the first link. You need to complete the entire form. Make sure do not copy anything from web, or from someone else's Report which already was sent to ACS for assessment. This might get you in trouble and your assessment can be refused because of this.

Setp 4:

After completing the RPL project report form as per your chosen occupation, go to

https://ibs.acs.org.au/VWGSkillsApplication/SkillsApplication.wgx

Fill in all the necessary documents and pay the fees, wait till you get a reply on your given email address.

Regards

@Rakshanda
Hi, Is 10 years of work experience mandatory? I have 9 years 4 months of work experience in IT and completed BE in mechanical, so I think RPL is necessary for me but what struck is I just noticed your post which says 10 years of work experience.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi, Is 10 years of work experience mandatory? I have 9 years 4 months of work experience in IT and completed BE in mechanical, so I think RPL is necessary for me but what struck is I just noticed your post which says 10 years of work experience.

Submitting an RPL is necessary only when you do not have an ICT degree or Diploma, but have experience in the same skill set. But once you submit an RPL, ACS will deduct 6 years out of your total number of experience, which means you will be left with only 3 years and 4 months of experience. Hence if you are willing to gain the points for experience, it shouldn't suffice.

Vishwanath G

Timeline missing
Hi Rakshanda,
Similar to the above post from laks, even I have also got response frm ACS asking for a RPL report to be submitted and it states the same here too like:

I have a 3 years technical Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering from Board of Technical Examinations, Karnataka. I also have 11.4 years of IT experience (Network Engineer for about 5 years + 6.4 years of IT project Manager)
I was in the impression that I wount be asked for a RPL report because of my Diploma which is in Computer Science & Engineering stream.
But the situation is the other way.
So please confirm whether I still need to submit the RPL or I have an option of sending a query to ACS stating why they need RPL for an aplicant with Diploma in Cimputer Science + 11.4 years of ICT experience.
Pls advice and apologies for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi Rakshanda,
Similar to the above post from laks, even I have also got response frm ACS asking for a RPL report to be submitted and it states the same here too like:

I have a 3 years technical Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering from Board of Technical Examinations, Karnataka. I also have 11.4 years of IT experience (Network Engineer for about 5 years + 6.4 years of IT project Manager)
I was in the impression that I wount be asked for a RPL report because of my Diploma which is in Computer Science & Engineering stream.
But the situation is the other way.
So please confirm whether I still need to submit the RPL or I have an option of sending a query to ACS stating why they need RPL for an aplicant with Diploma in Cimputer Science + 11.4 years of ICT experience.
Pls advice and apologies for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance

Your diploma must have not fulfilled the requirement of AQF equivalent as per ACS, hence the RPL. I believe you stand a good chance with RPL, considering that you have 11+ years of ICT experience and since you are working as an IT Project Manager, I am sure project two project reports wont be a problem. But still you can email to ask for an explanation from ACS, but I am pretty sure my first line I typed will be the answer from them. So a better thing is to get your RPL ready and then send an email. If they tell you the same. Just submit an RPL. Thats it.

Vishwanath G

Timeline missing
T
Your diploma must have not fulfilled the requirement of AQF equivalent as per ACS, hence the RPL. I believe you stand a good chance with RPL, considering that you have 11+ years of ICT experience and since you are working as an IT Project Manager, I am sure project two project reports wont be a problem. But still you can email to ask for an explanation from ACS, but I am pretty sure my first line I typed will be the answer from them. So a better thing is to get your RPL ready and then send an email. If they tell you the same. Just submit an RPL. Thats it.
Thanks, Rakshanda....but even in my case is it the same of deducting 6 years from my total yrs of experience?
If Yes, then I will end up having only 5.4 yrs of ICT experience and it can only get me 10 points and for my education (Diploma) its 10 points and I for my age (39 years and 6months) I get 25 points so all is 45 points and if I score 20 in my English (PTE) then only I will be eligible to apply for my PR right?

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you require an RPL (e.g. ACS thinks you don't have enough ICT content in your degree), the minimum deduction is 6 years, and you can do nothing about that.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.