SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Hello mysticriver,

Long time..how r u?? Hope u r doing great,

Mysticriver, I have submitted my application it has been 5 months. I was assigned a CO and he asked for documents.
50 days ago skillselect contacted me asking for more information concerning me and husband.
I knew for a fact, that due to the 5 months taken, our application was under security check,
5 days ago, another CO contacted me, and asked about:
1- PCC for me in Egypt (5 days ago coincides with my one year stay in Egypt) 2- military exemption of my husband; and we are in the process of documents translation
3- form80 of husband updated, as there was a typo error in the form
My question is, now that another CO asked for documents, does it mean that security check is over?
Thank you mysticriver

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yasmin,

You can't tell anything for certain. It is very common that your documents are double checked by another team. So, most of the time you'll hear from more than one team.

What you can at least be sure that, your application is in active processing stage, which is a good thing (they process limited application at the same time, rests wait in the queue).

Just provide whatever they asked as soon as you can, that's all you can do.

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Hi Yasmin,

You can't tell anything for certain. It is very common that your documents are double checked by another team. So, most of the time you'll hear from more than one team.

What you can at least be sure that, your application is in active processing stage, which is a good thing (they process limited application at the same time, rests wait in the queue).

Just provide whatever they asked as soon as you can, that's all you can do.

Ok thank you very much mysticriver; I hope I would be able to gather all documents the soonest;
One more question please; my friend has my same case; they sent him an email, so he called them to inquire about the status of the application, they said that they do not process an application in parallel, I.e. it is with one person at a time, and it can not be under security checks and be processed with CO at the same time!
I am only hoping I get the grant soon

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Oh ok Marcos, just saw ur post!! I was just wondering if this means that my application Finished undergoing security checks!!
:( the waiting is a killer

Mystic is right and up-to-date. I was myself contacted by 3 different Case Officers!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Ok thank you very much mysticriver; I hope I would be able to gather all documents the soonest;
One more question please; my friend has my same case; they sent him an email, so he called them to inquire about the status of the application, they said that they do not process an application in parallel, I.e. it is with one person at a time, and it can not be under security checks and be processed with CO at the same time!
I am only hoping I get the grant soon
Yaa, you certainly can hope that. Like I said, the application is now under active processing by DIBP, that's a good thing. May be your security check is done, like your friend was told, I am not familiar with DIBP's internal process. But irrespective of that, it is a good news and it means your grant is on the horizon.

In my experience, e.g. among people I personally know:

1) Most of the time the grant letter is issued withing 2-4 weeks when DIBP asks health clearance.
2) However, some of them also experienced 3-4 months delay after HC was submitted.
3) In several cases, HC and PC was requested at the beginning of the process (at the same time CO was assigned), that means the time line did not depend on that date (so, security checked was done after HC submission).
4) In some rare cases, the HC was requested second time (in case of people with category 3 above) because by the time the security check was done, initially submitted HC expired (with people for whom the whole process took in 1-2 yrs).

So, ofcourse, you have brighter chance of a quick grant, but don't get too much impatient if some delay happens. You have waited many years, so a few more weeks/months doesn't harm a lot, right?

Yasmine

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Yaa, you certainly can hope that. Like I said, the application is now under active processing by DIBP, that's a good thing. May be your security check is done, like your friend was told, I am not familiar with DIBP's internal process. But irrespective of that, it is a good news and it means your grant is on the horizon.

In my experience, e.g. among people I personally know:

1) Most of the time the grant letter is issued withing 2-4 weeks when DIBP asks health clearance.
2) However, some of them also experienced 3-4 months delay after HC was submitted.
3) In several cases, HC and PC was requested at the beginning of the process (at the same time CO was assigned), that means the time line did not depend on that date (so, security checked was done after HC submission).
4) In some rare cases, the HC was requested second time (in case of people with category 3 above) because by the time the security check was done, initially submitted HC expired (with people for whom the whole process took in 1-2 yrs).

So, ofcourse, you have brighter chance of a quick grant, but don't get too much impatient if some delay happens. You have waited many years, so a few more weeks/months doesn't harm a lot, right?
Sure!! I will definitely be waiting for it, thank you very very much mysticriver for your valuable feedback.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.