• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Should I add information in application that I missed in EOI

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Dear mysticriver,
I have been reading your threads. I noticed your highly knowledgeable with Australian migration issues, and I am looking forward fir your advise on my case.
Please my case is the following:
I have applied for eoi and received an invitation for visa 189 the next day. While filling the immi application and form80 inoticed that I should fill all my education degrees. I have not added in the eoithat i have a masters degree since I didnot want to claim points for it and ACS assessed my bachelor in computer science as relevant to my anszsco code.
What should I do now?? add my masters qualification to immi application and form 80 and submit???
kindly advise,I badly need guidance

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Dear mysticriver,
I have been reading your threads. I noticed your highly knowledgeable with Australian migration issues, and I am looking forward fir your advise on my case.
Please my case is the following:
I have applied for eoi and received an invitation for visa 189 the next day. While filling the immi application and form80 inoticed that I should fill all my education degrees. I have not added in the eoithat i have a masters degree since I didnot want to claim points for it and ACS assessed my bachelor in computer science as relevant to my anszsco code.
What should I do now?? add my masters qualification to immi application and form 80 and submit???
kindly advise,I badly need guidance

In your visa application and form 80, you have to write everything. It doesn't matter if you missed anything in EOI, unless that error gave you extra benefit. So for your case, it's absolutely okay.

Having said that, for record, you should have listed your masters in EOI as well, simply because they asked. Also, there is no extra points for Masters (Bachelor and Masters are in same ladder).

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
In your visa application and form 80, you have to write everything. It doesn't matter if you missed anything in EOI, unless that error gave you extra benefit. So for your case, it's absolutely okay.

Having said that, for record, you should have listed your masters in EOI as well, simply because they asked. Also, there is no extra points for Masters (Bachelor and Masters are in same ladder).

Also for future reference, please open a new thread in Discussion & Suggestions section if you have any question about something new.
Sure thank you very much mysticriver:) :)

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Dear Mysticriver, one more question please concerning the same issue; would I be exagerating if I let this invitation expire and wait for another one to correct my mistake. I know you said it is absolutely fine but wouldn't be safer?? I thought I should comply with ACS results and reflect their result letter in Mt EOI. Please advise

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I would say that'll be quite unnecessary. EOI is used only for your point calculation, not for other future reference. Even if they raise any question in future (which should not be the case), you can easily explain your view to your case officer, don't see any reason for them not to accept that.

Rest is your decision.

Also in case you are still unsure, contact Skill Select Support at http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/help/

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
I would say that'll be quite unnecessary. EOI is used only for your point calculation, not for other future reference. Even if they raise any question in future (which should not be the case), you can easily explain your view to your case officer, don't see any reason for them not to accept that.

Rest is your decision.

Also in case you are still unsure, contact Skill Select Support at http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/help/
Thank you very much for your time and for sharing your knowledge. God bless.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mystic river, I have opened another thread. I noticed another mistake in my EOI. My ACS assessment report was done on September 16. When entering relevant experience in my experience section, I highlighted that my experience was relevant up to September 30.
This did not add any extra points but still not accurate. Please tell me what do u think I should do.
I'm sorry too many questions

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean by "not accurate"? If you were still in your job on Sep 30, you were correct. The end date of your experience will be checked till the date you get your invitation, not what ACS mentioned as end date.

For example if ACS assessed your experience from Jul 2011 till Aug 2015, and you submit your EOI on Oct 2015 (and you still hold your job), your relevant experience will be from Jul 2011 till Oct 2015 (not Aug 2015)

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Dear Mysticriver, i have more inquiries please:

Issue 1:
1- I have printed my statement of account and it shows the address I used to live in When I originally opened the account
2- My payslips show another address which i moved to later after address 1
3- My last permanent residence I am mentioning my final address; i.e. apartment I moved to with my husband
Knowing that 1 & 2 are generated from 2 different databases. what should I do? reprint my statement of account? knowing that I can not change the address of point 2 since it requires a long procedure

Issue 2:
I am not claiming points for my husband skills. What should I indicate in the application for his education "Non AQF Accreditation"

Thank you always mysticriver for your support and understanding,

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Issue 1: No need to do anything, if they ask just explain the same. No issue. Anyway you have to give up to 30 years of residential history at later stage.

Issue 2: For Bachelor degree, select Bachelor, otherwise select Other. Because you are not claiming, doesn't matter.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Ooops im sorry, i was saying that I currently live in egypt and my husband lives in lebanon. we lived together for almost 11 months and I moved 6 months ago. I have a letter from my employment in lebanon that they moved me to egypt on a mission to implement a system. would they ask us further evidence that we are in a continuing relationship???

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Are you officially married? If so a marriage certificate is enough. If not, then you might need to submit that letter. In either case, it will not be any issue if real.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Are you officially married? If so a marriage certificate is enough. If not, then you might need to submit that letter. In either case, it will not be any issue if real.
Yeah mysticriver, we are officially married and i am presenting my marriage certificate. i am submitting that letter since it also includes my job description in egypt.
Mysticriver, thank you very much. i seriously can not thank you enough. i will make sure to spread the website and facebook.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
yasmin, wishing the best of luck with your application! Let us know how it goes. :)

Thank you Marcos :) :) wish you good luck too. I'll surely update you with my news :)

Mystic river :), finally, I should be submitting my application on Sunday.
But mystic river I have few questions on how to fill the application form, do u have any threads in this regards?
Thank you :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mysticriver, I was going through a forum, I read that I need a payslip for all the jobs I held. I actually worked in 2 companies, where for the second company I printed the statement of my payroll account and provided it.
For the first company, I only provided a work letter stating that I was a programmer and the module I worked on,and that I paid all my taxes. Is it enough?
Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Hello mysticriver, concerning certification of documents, all my previous documents were certifies by the concerned governmental parties and then I took them to the Australian embassy and they copied th and stamped the copies with:
"This is a true copy of the document presented to me"
Now I have new documents to present, should I go to the embassy of Australia and copy them and do the same as above or simply scanning my translated documents certified from governmental parties would be fine?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.