• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Siblings details in Form 80 - Missing information

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
i have another question.... im filling form 80 and they have asked me about my siblings.... i do not have any full siblings but i do have 3 half siblings.... i dont know whether should i declare them or not....i have never meet them .... they have always ived seperately and i do not know much details about them... what should i do? should i declare or not? because if i declare them, then if the case office asks me details, i would not be able to provide any because i do not know about them, i dont even know their addresses.. all i know is that 1 out of 3 went to UK and became a UK citizen and British passport holder......i am really confused as to what should i do.... please guide me

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I guess they will ask you to provide as much info as possible. Wait for your CO to be assigned.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
But that will be in the case i write down the info of my half siblings.... my question is that should i declare or show them or not.... like should i mention about them or should not even mention them altogether because i have never met them and will not be able to provide much info about them if i declare them...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I can't advise you to hide some information, you can't ask that. It is clearly mention in the Form 80:
Form 80 said:
Siblings include full, half and adopted brothers and sisters
So there is no ambiguity about what they meant by siblings. Rest is your decision.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I totally get that... i dont want to hide anything.... but what if you done know details about your half siblings, then does it not become awkward if you do not know their current residence and other details.... will that not count as information hiding if the case officer asks me details and i say i dont know...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
will that not count as information hiding if the case officer asks me details and i say i dont know...
Not really, that is not hiding in any definition. Hiding is you withold some information knowingly. Here you just declare the information and inform them you don't know extra details.

If you inform them it might be the case that they will push you multiple times to gather more info till they'll be convinced that you have tried your best (it'll depend on your CO how much you'll be pushed). If you don't, you may get away with this, but if they somehow come to know you withold any information on purpose, you might face suspension.

So decision is yours :)

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi
Thanks for your advice.. it really works :)

I have another query. My case officer emailed and asked for form 80 and my medical. I have attached both of them now. Should i reply to their email and tell them that I have attached the said/required documents? As they have said in their email that "Do not email us to advise when you have attached documents in ImmiAccount."

I am really confused as someone who just got their PR said that I should reply when I am done attaching the documents they asked for as he did the same i.e. email them when he attached the required documents.

Please advice - I need a quick reply .

Thanks one again.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that is not necessary in any sense (specially as they already advised against that). Though if you do, they are not going to punish you, but again, your CO will be automatically notified via system whenever you upload anything. So suggestion is don't, if they forbade.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
They dint specifically advice against it.. its their general email... its kind of confusing.. the email reads as follows:

Timeframe for response
You must respond to this request within 28 days after you are taken to have received this
letter. You should provide your response in writing.
Please send your response to me using the contact details provided below.

Submitting documents
Please submit documents by attaching them to your visa application using ImmiAccount or
at www.border.gov.au/immiaccount. Do not email us to advise when you have attached
documents in ImmiAccount.

They said send your response ... but they also say do not advise when done ...

What should i do?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't matter whatever you do ... for peace of mind, you can send them an email. Not a big deal.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.