• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Gabrielbulich

Timeline missing
Hi,

I have submitted an EOI about 2 months ago with currently 75 points. In 20 days I’ll finish the Professional Year and will be able to claim 5 extra points.

My question is, can I go to my EOI and update my points considering I’m 20 days away to actually completed the Professional Year?

As far as I know, after we get the invitation (If I get one), I’d have 60 days to accept and apply for the visa which would give me enough time to get the final document.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Gab

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
My question is, can I go to my EOI and update my points considering I’m 20 days away to actually completed the Professional Year? As far as I know, after we get the invitation (If I get one), I’d have 60 days to accept and apply for the visa which would give me enough time to get the final document.
Your claims need to be true on the day of invitation, not visa lodgement. So, though I won't recommend that, technically you might get away as long as you get invitation after you receive your degree (which I think is a bug in the system).

Gabrielbulich

Timeline missing
Your claims need to be true on the day of invitation, not visa lodgement. So, though I won't recommend that, technically you might get away as long as you get invitation after you receive your degree (which I think is a bug in the system).

Thank you, I’ll wait for the finish date to update my EOI.

Just one more question, do you reckon Accountant will remain on the list for 19/20?

I’m planning to apply for 189 and 190 NSW and QLD.

As I’ve completed my studies in QLD and Working full time, I’m guessing QLd SP would be the best option for me?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I have submitted an EOI about 2 months ago with currently 75 points. In 20 days I’ll finish the Professional Year and will be able to claim 5 extra points.

My question is, can I go to my EOI and update my points considering I’m 20 days away to actually completed the Professional Year?

As far as I know, after we get the invitation (If I get one), I’d have 60 days to accept and apply for the visa which would give me enough time to get the final document.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Gab
No, it is not legal to declare the points that you don't have at the time of declaration of the EOI. If the department find out that you didn't have the declared points before or on the day of EOI submission you will be considered as providing false information.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.