• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Skilled Experience - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi all

I hope everyone is doing good.

I have applied for Victorian State Nomination and submitted my EOI.

My EOI states that I have 65 points, which includes 5 points for skilled experience and 5 for state nomination.

I completed my education in June 2012, after that I have exactly 3 years of post qualification experience, but ACS says that for points I need to consider experience after June 2014, leaving me with one year of experience for points, for which I obviously cannot claim any points.

I actually do no want to claim points for experience, but I could not find any checkbox asking me whether I want to do so or not. The EOI asked me to fill in start and end dates, which I did, and its not my fault if the system gave me points for experience. I dont want them!

Now while submittin my application to Victoria for state nomination, they asked me how many points did EOI calculate, I said 65 and submitted the application.

What should I do now? What should be start end of my first experience? And how can i tell them that I do not want to claim any points for experience?

Secondly, I think I would be able to update my EOI, but what about the application I submitted to Victoria for state nomination in which I told them that my EOI says I have 65 points? I cannot edit the application I sent to Victoria, nor is it visible in my account anymore.

Kindly help me!

I dont want to ruin a chance of being Invited to Apply

Kindly guide me what should I do in both the EOI and the Victorian State Nomination Application.

Thanks and Regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
and its not my fault if the system gave me points for experience. I dont want them!
Can't say your claim is justified. While putting your experience, there is an option which asks you whether your experience is related to nominated occupation. If I were you, either I would check "No" for that question, or wouldn't put that part of my experience which ACS didn't assessed (it's ACS's policy to deduct initial years, 2-6 years depending on your situation).

Capture.PNG

Now while submittin my application to Victoria for state nomination, they asked me how many points did EOI calculate, I said 65 and submitted the application.
You must have known you are entitled for 60 points, still you didn't ask the question when the EOI showed your total point as 65. You must not have thought they'll be giving 5 bonus points by mistake?

What should I do now? What should be start end of my first experience? And how can i tell them that I do not want to claim any points for experience?
Well, I think you should clear the mess before accepting any invitation as you can face upto 3 years ban if you fail to prove your claims in later stage (after your EOI is invited and you accept that). So, email Victoria State authority and ask how you can amend that information. If not possible, I would just scrap everything and start from the scratch.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you for the reply, but why do I mark my employment as not related to the nominated occupation when it is related. It is because of a rule of ACS to chop of experience and there is nothing wrong with my experience. I would suggest there rather be an option in the EOI for claiming marks or not claiming marks.

As a probable consequence, NSW only pick up application from EOI - and if I mention there that my 2 years of employment is not relevant, then why would they look out for me?

My employment was 100% relevant, but its just I did not want to claim points for it. Claiming points is a different story from employment being not related.

I hope you get what I mean. If I was a case office looking for someone with 3 years of related experience, I would probably turn down the application even it had 80 points because as a state I wanted relevant skilled experience, which the profile did not have.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If ACS says those 2 years are NOT "Skilled Employment", then it is logical not to include them as your skill experience. It's like, you have 100 boxes of medicine, 50 of which are declared not usable by the government, but you still claim you have 100 boxes because they are still medicine.

If you ask me, I think it is ridiculous from ACS to deduct those early years whereas some authorities (e.g. Engineers Australia) doesn't at the first place, but this is their rule. So once they decided that your initial 2 years were not "Skilled Employment" and couldn't be used to claim points, I think they meant those 2 years won't be added to your advantage in the field, or so (again I don't know what is their exact point here). However, if I was NSW authority, and I saw you mentioned 3 years "Skilled Employment" in your EOI, I'd have understood you actually had been working for 5 years, because I knew ACS deducts 2 years to meet "suitability criteria".

Again, if you have any confusion, you can directly email ACS. But whatever logic you think, or whoever you blame, bottom line is you can not claim points for those 2 years. Now you can debate whether the ACS should deduct that or not, or the EOI form should have more explicit language or not, but once you saw they included points for those 2 years (at the end of EOI submission), you must have known there is something wrong (your fault or theirs, doesn't matter) and you shouldn't have proceeded with that wrong claim. So thinking "not my fault if the system gave me points for experience. I don't want them!" and then proceeding with that is not a prudent decision in my opinion.

Apart from the clear ACS rule (that I gave link in my last post), they also included a clear example so that nobody can be misguided. So I can't blame them of any obscurity from their part.

ACS said:
Example 1 – Employment completed AFTER the qualification:
  • You complete a relevant Bachelor degree with a major in ICT in Jan 2008 and you have 4 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2008 until Jan 2012.
  • 2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be Jan 2010.
  • All suitable work experience completed AFTER Jan 2010 will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for the skilled migration points test.
  • The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled migration points test but is assessed to meet the suitability criteria.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
MysticRiver, I understand. With a heavy heart I have declared my 2 years as "not relevant".

But see here is the thing:

You say if you were NSW and you can 3 years of skilled experience, you would automatically think oh it should be 5, where as this is not the case.

In some cases ACS chops off more years, even up to 6 years of experience. So if anyone was to see 3 years of skilled experience, it could be actually 9 years!

I just have the knack that they should not say its not skilled experience, it is! It should be like the spouse section, which has a check box saying "are you clamming points for your spouse", and if you check it then a section shows up and you fill int he details.

What i really though was that during the review, they would automatically adjust points, as ACS said they are no authority to award points, the DIBP is. So I was of the opinion that they would automatically view it and allocate points accordingly, if necessary.

Anyways, thank you for the 'stricct language response' which compelled me to immediately set my path straight and amend the EOI. Was your answer a bit softer I would have not bothered :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

First of all, like I saidf before, I personally see no justification for deducting those 2 years, so i can understand why you are annoyed.

Secondly I didn't mean to be rude at all. Like I said in forum header, this is a non profit website, no affiliation with anybody or authority, where I just want to help people with the process from my personal knowledge and understanding, so no point for me to be rude with anybody.

Now about the matter, I said what I think. It is my understanding that when ACS said you cannot claim points for "suitability criteria" period, DIBP is not going to award points for that, no matter what.

Still, I think you can search for answer in other sources to have others' points of views, because at the end of the day it's you who has to answer everything, not me.

Best of luck, cheeres.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
No seriously, I went and updated my profile right away.... after reading your post.

Otherwise I would have stuck to 'yes they have given me 5 points, but they'll deduct when the review it' .. something of that sort. because I dint want to declare my experience as not relevant.

But anyways, I am happy i got help from here... and I can already see myself bugging you as the process process progresses further :)

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Ok I immediately have another question.

I wanted to make my immiaccount so I can fill in and upload documents before hand, like form 80, police character certificate and other requirements (let me know if you know of any requirements that I can sort out before hand).

But as I created a new application, I could not find the 190 visa subclass, though I could find visa's like 886 and all.

Where can I find the visa subclass 190 option, as it is now showing in my create new application in immiaccount.

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt you can create a Visa application or upload any document before your EOI receives the invitation. Once you receive the invitation, they will give you a link to accept and submit Visa application. Only after that you'll be able to upload documents to support your Visa application (right now you don't exist in their book).

Further, I always recommend to arrange PC and HC once your future CO asks for those, because both have limited validity and you don't know how long it'll take to reach a decision for your application. If your PC/HC gets expired by that time, they will ask you to redo those.

Of course you can start collecting other documents and store those in your hard disc so that you can upload in due time. You basically need as many things as possible to support the claims you made in your EOI. As far as I remember, you will find a post from a member here who listed down all the required documents.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Can you please share the link of the post of you've gone through it?

Right now I can see every type of visa (I can create an account and apply for one) using immiaccount except 189 and 190.

I guess you are right, and maybe 189 and 190 are invitation based so yes I will wait.

But I wanted to get PC and other stuff ready because where I live, there is no bar on time when things happens, it could take from a day to months, so keeping things ready is best.

na007

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi all

I hope everyone is doing well....

I have a question that my application on immi account us saved while I am gathering documents to submit .... in the meanwhile should i do my medical? like create another application for my health declarations ? or should i complete my current application for visa, and then wait for the case office to ask for the medical ...i currently do not have a hap id but the medical center here is fine with TRN..

please advise..what would be better? creating another application for my health declarations and going thru my medical before i actually submit my saved visa application on immi account ... or should i first submit my save visa application on immi account and wait for the case office to ask for the medical.?

Thanks and Regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I am just parting the long threads (large number of posts with different subject) into different threads with related thread title to arrange them in more logical way (so that people can have idea about the content from just heading).

My apology for little inconvenience but in this way it is easier for me to manage the community and also for new users to find answers to their questions.

Just in case you are worried about finding your old post, you can always have a full list of your posts in "posting" tab of below link.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/members/na007.101/

(I must have made slight mistake as I can see an unaswered question in this page ..... most probably i mistakenly moved the answer. I'll correct that soon).

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
(I must have made slight mistake as I can see an unaswered question in this page ..... most probably i mistakenly moved the answer. I'll correct that soon).
Done.

fizabbzai

Timeline missing
Hi all,

This is my first ever question to this forum.

My question is related to the deducted year which I have mentioned as related experience and have submit the state invitation application. Now I am waiting for the CO to be assigned....

By adding that year make my points become 75 and if I exclude that from related experience it become 70. The year is mentioned in my experience letter which I got from my previous employer, but VETASSESS has termed that as a qualifying year.

Should I update my EOI (I have submit my state invitation application) or what should I do?

feeling tenses

I look forward to your reponse.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.