skilled visa 190 - doubts and deadline

Diogus

Timeline missing

Hello friends.

I'm thinking of apply for visa 190 ( I have already seen, and my job/ profession are on the CSOL list)
There´s no much information about this visa on WEB, so that I am here to ask for help :'(

I have done the simulation, and the results are:

-----------
Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 - requires nomination by a State or Territory Government. You must have an occupation on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL). See the Skilled Nominated page for more details.
( 5 points if eligible for a state nomination ! )

Age - 33-39 years
Score: 25

Proficient English:
  • IELTS: 7+ in each component; or
  • PTE Academic: 65+ in each component;
Score: 10

Qualifications
Recognised Trade Qualification including
  • Other award or qualification recognised by the skills assessing authority
Score: 10

Overseas Work Experience
8 Years or more
Score: 15

Australian Work Experience
Score: 0

Partner Skill Qualifications

Designated Language
Skilled Migration Points Test Results
Your score is: 65

As the pass mark for Skilled - Nominated Subclass 190 is 60, you would appear to meet the criteria for this type of visa....etc etc etc ;)

-----------------------
So guys, the questions are: I simulated with an IELTS 7 or PTE, I alredy have an IELTS 6.5 but it does not meet the minimum points. So I am willing to take a PTE teste as soon as I can. ( Im considering really get the PTE score for 10 points)

Other major issue : my qualifications. I found that VETASSES would be responsible for assessing my skills.
so, FIRST I would send all my papers ( translated to english, of course), for them, and wait for a response. My profession is firefigther, and I have more than 10 years of experience, and I also own a certificate of this firefighter course, with more than one year and full time study.

Finally, I would choose the South Australia region, in order to get more 5 points.

so guys, what about my case ? do you consider this very hard to struggle ?
this is my last and only chance to immigrate, because in my other degree I dont meet the minimum requirements..... :(

Any advice for me ? do you think it´d be better to hire an immigration agent ?
Thank you so much for any relevant advice or opinion that help me.

;)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think you have a fair chance, but you need to clear your PTE/IELTS first. It is not always very easy to get the required score to get 10 points.

Also you should apply different states rather than concentrating on a single state. Remember, you can submit as many EOIs as you want. Just don't accept multiple invitation.

Also, note that if you don't have enough points (say, your PT score is not enough), you can apply provisional residency visa on subclass 489, which will give you extra 10 points instead of 5, and you will have 60 points.

Diogus

Timeline missing
dear Mystic River, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I did not know that are possible to send multiples EOI.
I still have to take the PTE EXAM and VEtasses assessment. But once I have aplied for 190, there is no guarantees of being invited, right ?
yesterday a MARA agent said that even if my profession are listed in CSol list, the state/territory may not call me.

About the visa 489, I dont have much information, I will take a look at this right now !
thanks again !

best wishes... :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
But once I have aplied for 190, there is no guarantees of being invited, right ?
The invitation is purely based on points in individual occupation, like a merit list. So, ofcourse there is no guarantee, but the higher point you score, the higher chance you have.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@ MysticRiver - I have already submitted EOIs for 190 category. My experience will reach 5 years on 1st December (effectively 3 years according to ACS) and will be able to claim 5 more points. This question is regarding the employee reference letter which I may need to submit (hopefully) if I get an invitation.

Should it be exactly the same format (including job responsibilities) as the one which I have submitted for ACS skills assessment ? Or can I submit a NEW generic reference letter along with the employment reference letter which submitted for ACS ?

Thanks.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
A better approach would be to get another one, but your approach will work as well.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.