• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Result SkillSelect Invitation-9th Round result (26th October 2016)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Total Invitation (Announced)

Visa subclassTotal
Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)1400
Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489)150
Total1550

Total Invitation (Actual)

Visa subclassTotal
Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)1196
Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489)46
Total1242

Point distribution among the invitees*
EIO.png

Lowest point that got lucky (Overall)

Visa SubclassPoints scoreVisa date of effect
Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)6025 October 2016 11.48 pm
Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489)6025 October 2016 3.34 pm

Invitation statistics for high demand occupations

Due to large numbers of EOIs being received for the below occupations, DIBP decided to invite on a pro rata basis for these occupations over the 2016-17 programme year. However, this process can be changed if situation demands. SkillSelect first allocates available places to Skilled – Independent (subclass 189) visas and then remaining to Skilled – Regional (subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas. If all places are taken up by subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for subclass 489 visas in these occupations.

Occupation IDDescriptionPoints ScoreVisa date of effect
2211Accountants7025 August 2016 6.56 pm
2212Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers7017 June 2016 5.28 pm
2611ICT Business and System Analysts6518 May 2016 11.23 pm
2613Software and Applications Programmers6511 October 2016 12.53 pm
2339Other Engineering Professionals653 October 2016 9.25 pm
2631Computer Network Professionals654 October 2016 4.31 pm

* Values are summarized by visual interpolation from chart for the viewers. Though the tolerance should be minimum, total perfection is not guaranteed. If you want to check the original chart posted by Immigration Australia authority, we recommend to visit SkillSelect webpage.

Can you comment on the Auditors - 2212 cutoff date?

As per the trend, on 28th Sept round, the cutoff for Auditors was 11-Sept-2016 and suddenly in both October 2016 rounds, it has been moved back to 20-Apr-2016 & 17-Jun-2016 respectively.

It seems to be weired. Can you comment whats going on there? I have never seen any cutoff date to move backward unless the cutoff points change.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That is very strange, I must say. The only plausible scenario I can think of is, people with old visa date of effect were invited before, but they didn't accept the invitation. So, after 60 days period, their invitation expired and their EOI was put back in the queue.

However, with 55 invitations per round, it requires a lot of invitees to ignore their invitation for this scenario. Otherwise, it might be just some mistake from their part.

That is very strange, I must say. The only plausible scenario I can think of is, people with old visa date of effect were invited before, but they didn't accept the invitation. So, after 60 days period, their invitation expired and their EOI was put back in the queue.

However, with 55 invitations per round, it requires a lot of invitees to ignore their invitation for this scenario. Otherwise, it might be just some mistake from their part.

Maybe you are right but I don't think so it would have happen. You are right that if people are re-invited, then a lot of invites needs to be ignored and this doesn't go logically.

Either their system is not working properly or what the issue is simply not sensible at all. DIBP should clear this thing.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say it is better for late comer with higher points. Because, basically what they does is, rather than invite all eligible EOIs in each round, they invite fixed (lower) number of people. So, under normal circumstances, a 65-point EOI might got invitation, but in this case that guy might needs to wait.

So, where exactly the change happening? Let say, a person with 70 points join the party later (like March next year). In normal way, by that time high demand occupations (like ICT) would have been reached its ceilings and the 70-point EOI had to wait for next year (in July, when ceiling would have reset), but due to pro-rata basis, there might still be places available and that 70-point guy stands a better chance.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.