• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Software Engineer

Manu

Timeline missing
Hi Admin

I am a software Engineer from India with 6.8 years of experience.

Bachelor Degree(4 years)- Electronics and communication from Anna university, India.

Shall I start with ACS skill assessment or will need to wait until I gets 7 years of work experience to qualify.
Please share your feedback

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Manu

Timeline missing
Thank you for the reply
I think ACS will deduct 4 years from my experience (Not sure)and only the remaining years of work experience will be considered for the points calculation. I will not be claim for 5 points as my work experience would then be only 2 years and 8 months. I will be falling short of 4 months to complete 3 years of work experience in order to score 5 points. So please confirm will need to wait until I gets 7 years of work experience to apply for ACS assessment.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So please confirm will need to wait until I gets 7 years of work experience to apply for ACS assessment.
I am not sure what you are asking to confirm.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you need those 5 points to submit EOI, you should wait. Otherwise, you can start now as you should be able to claim those 5 points later.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.