Navneet

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hiii, my name is navneet and I have submitted my EOI on 15 Aug 2016 for Registered Nurse. My points are 30 points for age, 15 for education outside Australia and another 10 for IELTS, accumulating it to 55 and 5 extra for SS, I have positive skill assessment and do not have any experience. could you please tell me that in my profession are there any chances to receive invitation on 55+5 points. Thanks a lot. i am worried a lot.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, DIBP does not reveal the occupation wise statistics, so it is not possible to comment. However, your occupation is not in 6 high demand occupation list, which is a positive thing.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
No,usually high demand occupations (like IT) has lots of applications and competitions and many a times they don't go below 65.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@ MysticRiver -
No,usually high demand occupations (like IT) has lots of applications and competitions and many a times they don't go below 65.

What do you mean by that ? Does that mean at least 65 + 5 points needed to get an invitation ? or Does it mean 60 + 5 needed ?

I submitted 2 seperate EOIs with 55 + 5 points for 190 category on February first week of 2016. One for NSW and another for VIC. Still did not get any invitation. By the way my occupation is Analyst Programmer.

What could be the reason for not getting an invitation ? Could it be due to the fact that I have submitted 2 seperate EOIs ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
No, that simply means there have been more people ranked above you (e.g. higher point or earlier EOI submission with same point) than the invitations in each round.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
No, that simply means there have been more people ranked above you (e.g. higher point or earlier EOI submission with same point) than the invitations in each round.

Thanks for your response.

In November this year, I will be able to claim another 5 points for my experience. I have already submitted the EOIs and upon reaching that date, will the EOI be automatically updated to 65 points ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I actually forget the exact nature of the EOI. If there was an option to put the end date of your current job as blank/till-date, it should calculate automatically. Otherwise, you need to update your EOI.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
why you added separate EOI, we can select multiple visa options in one EOI only. i dont think its right to add separate EOI

@ Navneet - Actually, though there is an option to select multiple visa options, through in this same forum I got to know that it's always better to submit separate EOIs for separate states. If you go through previous queries (somewhere in January 2016) you will see most experienced members and even MysticRiver also have recommended that. Even members like Marcos Albuquerque succeeded by doing that.

Their argument was when we select 'multiple visa option' all states do not put much attention to that particular EOI because there is no specific interest in either state. On the other hand, when we submit multiple EOIs for each state, each state officials get the impression that this EOI expect the invitation from them.

What could be the reason for not getting an invitation ? Could it be due to the fact that I have submitted 2 seperate EOIs ?

Although I knew it I asked the above question from MysticRiver just because still I did not get an invitation.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
why you added separate EOI, we can select multiple visa options in one EOI only. i dont think its right to add separate EOI

Yaa that'll do as well, whatever way is convenient for you. There is no wrong in submitting multiple EOI as well, as DIBP permits that as long as you don't accept invitation against multiple EOI.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, though there is an option to select multiple visa options, through in this same forum I got to know that it's always better to submit separate EOIs for separate states. If you go through previous queries (somewhere in January 2016) you will see most experienced members and even MysticRiver also have recommended that. Even members like Marcos Albuquerque succeeded by doing that.

Their argument was when we select 'multiple visa option' all states do not put much attention to that particular EOI because there is no specific interest in either state. On the other hand, when we submit multiple EOIs for each state, each state officials get the impression that this EOI expect the invitation from them.

Good to see you researched a bit in this forum, always nice to see people put some effort in searching already answered question :).

Just to clarify myself, though some people argued that "all states might not put much attention to the EOI selecting multiple states", I am not going to defend that. Rather I personally like the fact that having multiple EOIs sometimes help in organizing and tracking your applications, but ofcourse people can have different opinion. However, most important part is, as far as I remember, some states (WA in particular, if I remember correctly) require an exclusive EOI for that state, not a general "all state" EOI. In that case, you have to submit a different EOI for that.

Although I knew it I asked the above question from MysticRiver just because still I did not get an invitation.
I can only tell you, having 2 separate EOIs do not have any impact what so ever. The invitation is completely automated based on your EOI ranking (you will see the invitation is sent exactly at 00:00 midnight, usually).

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Just to support my statement

DIBP said:
How many Expressions of Interest can I submit?
There is no limitation on how many Expressions of Interest you can submit in SkillSelect. However, you must be able to provide evidence on all the claims you have made to achieve your points score. If you do not accept your invitation we cannot guarantee that you will receive another invitation.

http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-many-eois-can-i-submit

So bottom line, you can submit as many EOIs as you want, legally.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
I can only tell you, having 2 separate EOIs do not have any impact what so ever. The invitation is completely automated based on your EOI ranking (you will see the invitation is sent exactly at 00:00 midnight, usually).

Thanks for the clarification and it is indeed a relief for me :)

shaheer

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2016-09-30
Hi,

I obtained 60 points and lodged my application for NSW 190, my trade is HR Adviser, can you please let me know if I will be able to get an Invitation for this field any time soon. I lodged my application on September 30th.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.