• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Student visa - change my course

nirmalpatel87

Timeline missing
Hi guys, I am a new member here, please help me on my question.

Recently, I have been granted student 500 visa for postgraduate research sector, i have already completed the 6 months of Master of Business by Research course. Now I need to change my course to any other master course at Master ( coursework ) level.

Can I change my course or do i need to apply for new student visa?
As Master by Research and master by Coursework, both are at same AQF level 9.

By changing couse to master by coursework from master by research, will I be downgrading my course??

Please experts, suggest me what should I have to do...

Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

nirmalpatel87

Timeline missing
Hi MysticRiver,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have checked that link, but my question is that In Master by Research student visa I can work full-time and there is no any work limitations on this type of visa. What if I change my course to Master by coursework, for example Master of Business Administration, same AQF level 9, can I still able to work full-time or there will be work limitations apply??

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have checked that link, but my question is that In Master by Research student visa I can work full-time and there is no any work limitations on this type of visa.
Really? I thought there is a 20hrs/wk limit.

What if I change my course to Master by coursework, for example Master of Business Administration, same AQF level 9, can I still able to work full-time or there will be work limitations apply??
I think you better talk to your university, I am not so sure about that.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.