Subclass 189 Study Requirement for Visa Subclass 189

Hello, I am a engineering graduate looking to apply for the 189 visa in the next year or so, still need to have a skill assessment from EA beforehand.

In the points calculator present, there is a study requirement that says the following:

" Do you have at least 1 degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement? "

Link to study requirements

In no point does it state that the degree/diploma has to be directly related to the skill selected from SOL, so for example will taking a diploma of software development that meet the study requirement criterias increase the points or is it invalid if not related to the skill selected?

Thank you

asadkh7

Commoner
Skill
SC
App.
2019-12-28
CO
2020-05-12
HC
2020-05-08
Grant
2020-06-16
Hello, I am a engineering graduate looking to apply for the 189 visa in the next year or so, still need to have a skill assessment from EA beforehand.

In the points calculator present, there is a study requirement that says the following:

" Do you have at least 1 degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement? "

Link to study requirements

In no point does it state that the degree/diploma has to be directly related to the skill selected from SOL, so for example will taking a diploma of software development that meet the study requirement criterias increase the points or is it invalid if not related to the skill selected?

Thank you
For claiming 5 points of Australian study, you must have studied for at least 2 years in Australia and It doesn’t matter in which occupation you have studied.

MAZ

Timeline missing
Hello thank you for your reply, may i also ask if this diploma can give me access to apply to a 485 visa even though i am not applying for a skill directly related to the diploma?

Taking the example above, can i apply for a 485 visa with the diploma meeting the study requirement but as an engineering skill set.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.