2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Dear Sir,
I'm going to apply for 189 visa but,I required 5 points from my partner's skill.
she has done MBA (Finance & HR).
Is she required any skill assessment or only IELTS will be sufficient.

Regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Dear Admin,
Hello.....
For skill assessment in engineers Australia, i have submitted CDR for migration skill assessment and paid fees $650 for Standard Competency Demonstration Report.
Is it right way or i have to opt (Competency Demonstration Report +Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment) with fee $920.00 ($AUD)
Please explain me difference between both process.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Statement from DIBP in this matter:
http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...skilled-employment-in-engineers-australia.45/

The difference is with Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment, they will assess your experience as well. So in your assessment letter, your total experience will be written. However, that does not mean you don't have to prove this experience again during Visa processing.

So bottom line is, you should do it if possible if you want to claim points for your experience.

Also, if you are already assessed, you can just login to your EA online account and pay the extra amount for skill assessment. It should be pretty quick.

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Dear Mysticriver
thanks for your reply,
I have submitted my CDR on 29th Jan 2016 with fees $650.
I have claimed points for my experience also, so as you told i have to go with Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment.
Can i pay extra amount now after one month.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That should not be an issue. Still you better first email EA for their confirmation.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Once you login in, there should be a clear sign to add new service. Like I said, contact EA for details.

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Dear sir,
I have contacted with EA.They suggested me to go through with same application and applied for Relevant skill assessment after CDR assessment Result.
Alternatively ,they said to cancellation the current application and apply again.

Please guide me what should i do now.Also tell me about how can i apply for Relevant skill assessment after CDR assessment Result.
What is procedure of that.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If I were you, I would go for the first option.

Regarding process, you should find the link very easily once you login to your EA account.

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Thanks for prompt reply,
I would like to know,How much time Relevant Skill Assessment will take if i will apply after CDR assessment.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure about official timeline. But I know a friend with similar condition. In his case it took couple of weeks.

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Dear MysticRiver,

Hello....
I have tried so much, but not found any information about exact time or process of Relevant Skill Assessment after CDR assessment.
Please help me

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sunny,

I am not sure if they have that documented in their website. But if you email them, they'll reply you with details.

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Dear MysticRiver,
Helloo....
As you can see in my trailing discussion ,i have applied for MSA at engineers austrailia.
Now i have got a mail from EA stated below...
EA has started assessing your MSA
Engineers Australia is seeking additional information to progress the assessment of your application. This information is requested by 12 November 2016.

You can view and complete this information request by logging into Engineers Australia's myPortal.
Please tell me what i have to do.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what part you didn't understand. If you login to your onlune EA account, you should get a list of documents/actions they requested. Just give them those back.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi , I have submitted all my documents in Dec2015, and in Feb2016 I have been asked by CO to submit addition doc's on my income tax returns. And i did the same.
Last month on April 15 i got a verification call from Aus High commision and they have asked for my manger's name and anyother references and few other question on my role, work etc. Myself and my Manger have answered all the question. I dint here any thing after that, can you please advice how to proceed on this. Do i need to send them a follow up email asking for the status.

Regards,
Raul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, asking a question never works, you'll get a common reply. Also you asking or pushing them will never change their course.Basically you don't have anything to do except waiting, and it is very common that they go in dark time to time. If they need anything, they will contact you, otherwise you'll get your grant.

raulravi

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Well, asking a question never works, you'll get a common reply. Also you asking or pushing them will never change their course.Basically you don't have anything to do except waiting, and it is very common that they go in dark time to time. If they need anything, they will contact you, otherwise you'll get your grant.
Swift & a positive reply as usual. I appreciate you responce Mystic.

Thanks a ton.

sunny

Wanderer
MSA
2016-09-10
Skill
SC
190(ACT)
Point
EOI
2017-07-10
Hi Mystic,
I have received a feedback from EA assessor that the CDR's(which I submitted ) has assessed and represent me as a automation and control engineer rather than a professional Electronics Engineer. Now he is asking me to submit a new CDR with job responsibilities as a electronics engineer or submit a preference as automation and control engineer . My graduation is B.tech in Electronics & communication engg. Is it possible to go with occupation as automation and control engineer rather than a professional electronics engineer.
please advice me.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.