sub class 190 EOI waiting for invitation

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, they don't give any timeline for that. It is not possible as well for them to comment because it depends on how many people (ranked above you) are in the queue (which they know) as well as how many people (with more point than you) are going to submit new EOI before next invitation round (which they don't know).

Timeline missing
As far I know, I think best is to select a state and do not select "Any". Chances to be invited are increased, I guess. Some (Vic, SA) prefer to have their names selected.

Mystic, regarding 190 visa- do you know if the age factor is taking into consideration at the moment of the state invite nomination or afterwards, I mean, during the final "automatic" invite by DIBP ?

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For 190, DIBP doesn't filter anything. As soon as state approves sponsorship, DIBP send invitation. States however invite based on your point. So that age factor comes into play during state's selection.

Timeline missing
I don't know what it's happening with NSW 190 nomination... Many people should be awaiting an invitation for ICT occupations with even 65p. :(

I'm in the middle of CV/Resumé updates to send it to Victoria and see if I'll have any chance to get invited by it. Mine is ICT SA and not SE occupation. Let you know guys about any news.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I know people waiting for more than 6 months for NSW nomination (with 60 points though)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, very sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have better luck with NSW application.

Btw, are you applying with 60 points (including +5 points for state sponsorship)?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So, I believe you already have another EOI submitted for subclass 189? If not I would strongly recommend that.

Timeline missing
After a Vic's rejection mail during late afternoon, I couldn't believe when I opened my email inbox this morning (night in Australia) and saw NSW 190 invitation email. :):cool:

The invitation's mail referred to my last submitted EOI for Software Engineer (ICT 261313).

Yep Mystic, my last EOI (ICT 261313) was submitted for 189 and 190 NSW as well. Both sub-classes in one EOI.

Now, it's time to collect the documentation (I have all the mandatory ones) and apply.

Please I would like to hear from you. The following optional documents are listed for 190 NSW nomination:

1) Employment References: I have the ones (dated of October/15) I applied for my last ACS assessment. Do you think it's necessary to ask a new one for my current employer, stating that I'm still currently working for it? My guess is I can use the old one, but I want hear from you.
2) Letter of Reference: I don't currently have any but I can ask my manager to write one (in English) and sign. Really needed at this time or maybe during DIBP application only?
3) Contract(s) of employment and Payroll records: I do have but they are not english-translated. Again, really needed at this time or maybe during DIBP application only?

It would be good to have 2) and 3) now (may even need those for DIBP application, if 190 nomination goes well) but anxiety is enormous ( :D ) to apply as soon as possible using the mandatory docos and optional item 1) only.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations for the invitation :).

Regarding your questions:
1) If you are not claiming points for post Oct/15 experience, it is not necessary. But ofcourse, if you can easily, why not.

2 & 3) You are thinking in the right direction. If something is not mandatory, you can submit those in later stage, no rush. But if you can get them easily within few days delay, just get those. The more document you send first time, the more convinced they will be (and thus ask less question).

Timeline missing
Thanks Mystic!!

I've created a reference letter to be signed by my project manager and also I'm going to translate a few payslip records of Jan/07, Jun/12 and a current one (Dec/15). They are electronically generated by the payroll system which I have access, so any "original" payslip record is in B/W ... Do you think it's necessary to print out and ask my tech manager (or HR) to sign those papers OR would it be okay to send the originals as they are (in Black/White) ? Sorry if I'm being too much detailed. :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
No need for anybody to sign your payslips ... all electronically generated payslips doesn't need any signature. Just provide the original along with the translation.

Timeline missing
Yesterday I applied for NSW nomination 190 subclass submitting all mandatory documentation and 3 of 4 optional docs!

Meanwhile, I'll renew my passport and prepare a checklist based on the official DIBP's document checklist to collect everything I'll need to apply later (hopefully!).

Any news or questions I let you guys know. :)

Timeline missing
Hey Mystic and guys,

I couldn't believe when I woke up in the morning (night in Australia) and saw 2 emails, one from the NSW Dept saying my 190 nomination has been approved and another one from SkillSelect DIBP inviting me to apply for the 190 sub-class visa! That was so fast, 2 working days (or 4 days, including weekend)! :)

I was still collecting the documents to certify/translate... :D

Now, it's time to move forward and speed up things here in order to apply soon.

Do you know if Immigration Dept. processes any visa faster if an applicant lodge and apply right away (same/next day) once get an invitation mail OR it doesn't matter by applying up to 10/30/60 days? I wanna to apply very soon but just don't want to hurry up and make mistakes on the way.

I'm not sure if I apply and pay the fees right away and start uploading documents from what I have so far or if I should wait, get every document done and then apply for the visa.

I've checked the threads below but any recommendation for my case is greatly appreciated. :)
http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...cation-step-by-step-guide-subclass-189.41407/
http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...-an-invitation-to-lodge-a-skilled-visa.41399/

Thanks!
P.S: Attached is a snapshot about the documents I have submitted for NSW Dept.

Attachments

• docs.jpg
    docs.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,166
Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations. Yup, like I said before, once state approves your sponsorship, skillselect invitation is instantaneous, because no selection is made there.

It doesn't affect if you apply within 1 day or 60th day. Ofcourse the earlier you submit, the earlier they will start processing, the earlier processing will be done. But you are right, shouldn't hurry and do some mistake. Take couple of days, fill up the application form, revise it and submit.

I always suggest to apply asap without waiting for all documents to be collected. You will have plenty of time to collect documents (first it'll take 1-5 weeks for CO to assign, the he will give 4 weeks to submit docs. So you have enough time. Still if you need more time, it is always possible to request them for extension). So bottom line is, no point of delaying visa application for documents, as long as you are confident thatv you can prove your claims.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
Mystic and guys,

An update about my Victoria's application (190 sub-visa ; ICT 261112 - Systems Analyst):

I got the rejection email today. Applied in 3/12 and got the rejection today (14/1).

Let's see if I get any formal invitation by NSW now!
Hi.
Could you please share the reason of rejection and who rejected it i.e. state or department?

Timeline missing
Hi.
Could you please share the reason of rejection and who rejected it i.e. state or department?

Hello.

There was no specific reason, only a generic email (see below).
"Following a review of your application, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for visa nomination by the Victorian Government."

At this point, I'm quite happy that Victoria didn't select me because my initial plans are to live and work in NSW.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.