2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
Before start applying for state nominated Visa, I think that we need to check the availability of the relevant occupation by each state.
How to obtain an available list of occupations by each state ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
Hi @Marcos Albuquerque,

I hope to apply for 190 state nominated visa. Since you applied for it recently, I believe that you can give me some tips....
How should I start this process ? Can I apply for more than one state ?

Thanks.

Timeline missing
Hey Nadeesh,

Once you figure out which state(s) you are eligible to apply for a 190 nominated visa, you can do the following:

1) Submit an EOI for the 190 visa. I suggest you to submit one for each state you want to apply. For example, Victoria and SA states strictly invite only when an applicant explicitly select the state in the EOI. There is an option to select "Any" state from a drop-down box when creating the EOI and choosing 190 sub-class. I do NOT recommend to use the "Any" option.
2) In case you apply for Victoria, they obligate you to submit their own application even prior submitting any EOI for them, but the good news are you pay nothing, it's free to apply. Here below you can check more info:
http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.a...lled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#.Vqd9jy8mym6

2.1) Once you submit an application to Victoria state, it takes aprox. 12 weeks (in reality, usually less than 8 weeks). You receive a response (approval or refusal) by email.
2.2) If they approve your case, you can provide your EOI number and then automatically you receive an invite from DIBP to apply for the 190 visa.

3) For NSW, submit an EOI and wait for the invite. If you receive an invite to apply for NSW nomination, you must pay AUD$300 in advance, so that they can analyse your case. You should provide as much information as they want to.
I guess this applies for the other states as well, but I'm not sure since I applied for both Vic and NSW only.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
Thanks a lot Marcos.

As you have said, I also hope to submit EOIs for each state. I checked the state occupations lists and found that
I can apply to NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania. But I hope to apply only for NSW, Victoria and South Australia states.

From the information related to the fees you have given above, it seems like it's free for Victoria's own application which we submit prior to EOI. But how much will it cost for each EOI ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@Marcos Albuquerque,

I have few more doubts, before starting the process. Hope you can clear those doubts :)

For NSW, SA and VIC do I need to submit an EOI in state websites before I submit the official EOIs for each state in skillselect ?

Before I start submitting an EOI, do I need to gather all required documents ? If so what is the list of required documents ?

Thanks.

Timeline missing
@Marcos Albuquerque,

I have few more doubts, before starting the process. Hope you can clear those doubts :)

For NSW, SA and VIC do I need to submit an EOI in state websites before I submit the official EOIs for each state in skillselect ?

Before I start submitting an EOI, do I need to gather all required documents ? If so what is the list of required documents ?

Thanks.

Nadeesh,

For Victoria yes, with the Victoria's website link I provided you, you can start an initial application directly with them. You have to provide all relevant documents in pdf such as passports, work experience (if any), IELTS, education certificates, skill assessment, etc. A well-written CV/Resumé is important as well. The full list of documentation is under their website.
For NSW only submit the EOI in SkillSelect website and wait.
I'm not sure about SA, better to check under their website (link Mystic River provided above).

Regarding the official EOI- at the time you create it, you probably have your skill assessment and english tests done, so you enter those informations among with your personal info (and dependants, if any) and educational background. If claiming points for work experience, you should provide duration for each company you worked for and if it's relevant or not for the occupation you are asking points. At this point, you do not need to send any employment/reference letter, education's certificates/transcripts/etc. in advance yet. The Immi Dept just need to know how many points you are claiming for, so better to be concise and clear to do not have any trouble (overclaim points) if receiving a formal invite later on.

As I mentioned before, you can fill in and submit EOI's for each state you are thinking to apply for.

If you follow Mystic River's guideline at http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/expression-of-interest-eoi-step-by-step-guide-subclass-189.26/ you have huge chances to have a "good" EOI. Without Mystic's advices I woudn't be confident to submit one, so I can say from my own experience. :)

Last edited:

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
Nadeesh,

For Victoria yes, with the Victoria's website link I provided you, you can start an initial application directly with them. You have to provide all relevant documents in pdf such as passports, work experience (if any), IELTS, education certificates, skill assessment, etc. A well-written CV/Resumé is important as well. The full list of documentation is under their website.
For NSW only submit the EOI in SkillSelect website and wait.
I'm not sure about SA, better to check under their website (link Mystic River provided above).

Regarding the official EOI- at the time you create it, you probably have your skill assessment and english tests done, so you enter those informations among with your personal info (and dependants, if any) and educational background. If claiming points for work experience, you should provide duration for each company you worked for and if it's relevant or not for the occupation you are asking points. At this point, you do not need to send any employment/reference letter, education's certificates/transcripts/etc. in advance yet. The Immi Dept just need to know how many points you are claiming for, so better to be concise and clear to do not have any trouble (overclaim points) if receiving a formal invite later on.

As I mentioned before, you can fill in and submit EOI's for each state you are thinking to apply for.

If you follow Mystic River's guideline at http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/expression-of-interest-eoi-step-by-step-guide-subclass-189.26/ you have huge chances to have a "good" EOI. Without Mystic's advices I woudn't be confident to submit one, so I can say from my own experience. :)

Thank you very much for the very informative reply. :) I believe you are referring here to 'online nomination application' in Victoria webpage.

Under 'State Nomination Occupations List for Victoria', required Minimum work experience for 'Analyst Programmer' shows as 3.0 years. Currently I have 4+ years as my experience. But according to ACS assessment, points earning experience I have is only 2.0 years (They have deducted 2 years in the assessment). Now is it ok for me to apply for Victoria considering my 4+ years or else do I need to refrain from applying Victoria as Skills assessment shows experience as 2 years ? But I can prove my 4 years experience by providing service letters.

Like to know your opinion @MysticRiver , @Marcos Albuquerque.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Now is it ok for me to apply for Victoria considering my 4+ years or else do I need to refrain from applying Victoria as Skills assessment shows experience as 2 years ?
For subclass 189, you definitely can't claim relevant experience for more than 2 years. Now it should be the case for subclass 190 as well, however for state nomination I am not sure any individual state offers any flexibility here.

@Marcos Albuquerque will be in better position to answer this.

Timeline missing
Nadeesh,

As far I understood your situation, you will not be claiming points for work experience (you have 4 years but ACS deducted 2 years), so actually you are supposed to have only 2 valid years by Immi Dept (189 or 190 visas that Mystic mentioned above). Said that, you have less than 3 years, therefore no points for work experience. You just need to keep in mind you would still be eligible to have 60p (for 189) or 55p (+5p of 190 nomination), without points for work experience.

Assuming you have a minimum of 55p (without counting work experience), regarding Vic's nomination, why not try to apply? Even ACS deducted your previous time experience and Victoria asks for 3 yrs+, if they like your CV and skills, maybe they could nominate you under special conditions, that's my 2 cents. And remember, you do not loose not even a penny, it's free to apply, you got the 'No' already, but why not even try a 'Yes' ? :)

Last edited:

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@Marcos,

I think I can't apply for 189 because I have only 55 points. That means I'm not eligible, right ? Please correct me if I'm wrong... I'm going to apply for 190 to claim that missing 5 points.

I understand your point regarding experience, and hope to do as you've suggested :)

By the way, what I have to fill is the 'online nomination application' mentioned in the Victoria webpage right ? While filling that, they require us to upload lot of documents and that's why I had this doubt whether is this EOI or their visa application.

Finally, I really appreciate the effort you guys put in to help new applicants like us and my heartfelt thanks goes to you as well as @MysticRiver.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@MysticRiver

Currently I'm in the middle of submitting the EOI for NSW.

When submitting the EOI, I'm confused whether what should I put as the 'Date From' in the employment details section. :confused::rolleyes:
emp_details2.png

I've started working since Nov 2011. But in ACS assessment, 'skilled level employment' eligible 'from date' shows as the Nov 2013 (2 year deduction).
skilled_emp.png

Please give me some advice here...Thanks.

Timeline missing
@Marcos,

I think I can't apply for 189 because I have only 55 points. That means I'm not eligible, right ? Please correct me if I'm wrong... I'm going to apply for 190 to claim that missing 5 points.

I understand your point regarding experience, and hope to do as you've suggested :)

By the way, what I have to fill is the 'online nomination application' mentioned in the Victoria webpage right ? While filling that, they require us to upload lot of documents and that's why I had this doubt whether is this EOI or their visa application.

Finally, I really appreciate the effort you guys put in to help new applicants like us and my heartfelt thanks goes to you as well as @MysticRiver.

Nadeesh,

Yes for both questions. It seems you are eligible for 190 visa only. You apply for the Vic application first with or without any EOI ref nbr. Also, as you said you are suppposed to upload the recommended docs.

Regarding your EOI above, I would recommend you to use the same position name you assessed with ACS ('Analyst Programmer', right?). Just split your work experience in 2, the first with the initial date (from date) you started up to (to date) the ACS assessment date. Don't forget to select 'No' for the period you are not claiming points, this is very important.
So, the second employment period (your same company/place and position) you tick "Yes" (means relevant) and the initial date is the date ACS assessed your work experience from up to present or the last working day.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@Marcos Albuquerque , @MysticRiver,
Guys, need some help from you again. I'm in the middle of filling Victoria's 'Online Nomination Application'. I can not figure out the answer for the following question.

Q3 Have you made an application to/or been nominated by any other Australian state or territory

Does it mean that whether I have submitted an EOI for any other state or I have received a state nomination from any other state ?
I have already submitted 3 separate EOIS for NSW, SA and VIC but have not received any nomination yet . The reason for my doubt is the following question.

Q3.2 Details of other state/territory application or nomination *
Hide Help
The specific details (i.e. stage in the application process, date of nomination, etc.) of your application(s)/nomination(s) with any other State/Territory.

What should I put for 'stage in the application process' and 'date of nomination' ?
Thanks.

Timeline missing
Nadeesh,

From what I recall about the Victoria's Online Application, even that I had submitted the EOI for NSW at that time, I answered NO (or N/A for any related questions). Let me explain: I had not been selected by any state nor started any real application for state nomination (other than Vic's), so this is why I did not mention anything about the EOI's. From my understanding, that question is related for any ongoing (started) application.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@Marcos Albuquerque,
Your point proves by this as well.

190.png
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-

By the way,
when submitting IELTS details, it asks for 'Date of Test'.

Q8.2.1 Date of test
Hide Help
The date the test was completed. Example: 21/06/2008

Now in the results sheet, 2 dates are printed; one at the top (exam date) and the other next to the 'Test Report Form Number' (results released date). In skills assessment we take the results release date because it's the only date printed. In here, which date we should take ?

Sorry for bothering you again and again.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.