• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Sub class 190

Gagan singla

Timeline missing
Dear admin

I lodged my visa application sub class 190 (60 points)(general accountant) on 21st july 2015. I am still awaiting decision on this.
While reading previous posts i got to know that there is no set timeframe from this; but i am little concerned about what to expect and when to expect.
If you can please provide some information regarding this that would be very helpful.
Regards
Gagan

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gagan,

Unfortunately this is all waiting game. They don't disclose anything specific, like how many in pending list or what is the average new entry each month (if we knew this, we could have made some predictions based on statistical probability). Also if you ask them, they will give you a very generic answer with no new information (normal from their part, otherwise they would be flooded with emails).

All you know is you will get your invitation on the day the state will accept your sponsorship.

Thanks,

Gagan singla

Timeline missing
Dear Admin,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I would like to provide you with some extra information if that might help.
My file has been assigned a case officer late in august and i have been asked for the documents on 2 separate ocassions: once in late september then in late october. And i managed to submit the documents without any delay.
But since then there has been no communication whatsoever.
If this information makes more sense and can help you in providing some info that would be nice.

Regards
Gagan

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh .. first of all, my apology for misunderstanding your previous post, I thought you were waiting for your invitation.

Once you lodge your application, your point plays no role in your visa decision or timing. The main time consuming part is the security clearance and your country of origin plays a big role on that.

Natural flow is your case officer and/or other teams ask for documents (they can ask multiple time, it's not uncommon). Once all documents are gathered and security clearance are performed, then they'll ask for your medical. And after that it'll take 2-4 weeks for your visa grant letter.

However, in some rare cases, it might happen that they ask for medical at the beginning. In those cases it can take a longer time after medical (I have seen very few such cases thought).

For subclass 190, it is normally 3-6 months. However for subclass 189, I personally witnessed minimum 2 months and maximum 30 months.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
yaa, like I said it also happens ... you can email your case officer very politely, but it's unlikely that'll change anything (at least never heard any such case).

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.