• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Subclass 189 - need information on dependent sister

Timeline missing
Hi,

I have applied for 189 skilled visa for Australia. I have a query about my non-migrant dependent sister. She was born a special child with down syndrome. Both my parents are no more and she is dependent on me. I have housed her in a residential school in Bangalore, India in the same city, I live. She needs constant care and nursing. I pay her fee and fend to all the medical expenses as well. Under such circumstances as she is considered unfit for travel, she does not posses a passport. I have no intentions of migrating her to Australia.

The only documents I have of her are the medical certificates issued by the authorized govt. of India medical board. I have provided the same on the Immi Account. I am providing the tax forms and the fee receipts I pay as well.

Having said that I have not uploaded her health check or PCC and requested a health check waiver to our CO (She developed cataract in both her eyes and I couldn't take her for a health check as her vision was not good. She has been operated this week). I haven't heard from them for about 40 days since I have posted my query.

I am anxious to know if anyone knows how such cases are handled? Is it a reason to reject my Visa? Any directions will be appreciated. Also, I have filed my Visa independently and not through a consultant.

Thanks,
AP

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am anxious to know if anyone knows how such cases are handled?
Don't worry, you have a very good chance that your waiver application will be accepted.

Is it a reason to reject my Visa?
No chance what-so-ever. The Australian government is very considerate and supporting in such matters, where human values are involved.

Any directions will be appreciated.
Just, don't worry. Some times they don't reply, or take a long time to reply. You have sent your waiver request, so you are safe from the case of "failed to provide documents". At the worst case, they might come back after sometime saying that you need to give PCC and HC for your sister. Though that is unlikely, still if they push, you can submit that time.

Timeline missing
Don't worry, you have a very good chance that your waiver application will be accepted.

No chance what-so-ever. The Australian government is very considerate and supporting in such matters, where human values are involved.

Just, don't worry. Some times they don't reply, or take a long time to reply. You have sent your waiver request, so you are safe from the case of "failed to provide documents". At the worst case, they might come back after sometime saying that you need to give PCC and HC for your sister. Though that is unlikely, still if they push, you can submit that time.

Oh thanks so much for the reply! Yes, I have provided all the documents I posses and also requested for health check waiver. Now since my sister is operated I am in a better position to take her for Health check and PCC if they come back. Again, it is a relief to see this optimistic reply. Thanks, this helps.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.